1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (1)Phoenix vs. (4)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2022.

?

(1)Phoenix Suns vs. (4)Dallas Mavericks

Poll closed May 3, 2022.
  1. Suns in 4

7.1%
  2. Suns in 5

25.0%
  3. Suns in 6

39.3%
  4. Suns in 7

14.3%
  5. Mavs in 7

7.1%
  6. Mavs in 6

3.6%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

3.6%
  1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If that was the person, he definitely looked like a teenager. Probably not 13, as he definitely had an earring. He didn't look like someone who understood the impact, what he did, or may not even have realized the women were Chris Paul's family.

None of that excuses him, but everyone should not excoriate him for an incident without knowing the details.

2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I've sat in seats in a row or two behind the visiting team at Toyota Center a few times from the company that my dad works at. I'd be surprised if they bought those on their own.

I do have to wonder why Chris Paul doesn't have a security guard with his family at away games in the Playoffs. I know players want to have normal lives, but Paul has been in this league a long time and he knows better. If something like this is more likely to happen it would be a 2nd round playoff game on the road. Sure it sucks for him to have to think to do that, but it just makes the most sense.

#202 rpr52121, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
  3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

If you watched the game, you could tell the officiating was very pro-Dallas.

clutchdabear, B-Bob, chadyang and 2 others like this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's probably never ever happened to him / his family before - especially the physically touching aspect of it all. I can understand why he wouldn't think to need security for his own family.

Even to this point, you don't really hear about fans physically putting their hands on players / players' families. Fans are too empowered.

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree with the fans should really touch anyone, much less a players family. I'm not so sure this is a new thing. Fan brawls, arguments happen in all sports all the time. Again, how likely is it that a kid like that knows what Chris Paul's family looks like or is able to figure out during the game?

I'm not sure if I agree with the first part. I'm definitely not saying it his (Paul's) fault. But I guarantee you when he left the stadium, he was thinking why didn't have a bodyguard with them.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

It sounds like you are apologizing for the kid and trying to blame Paul dude. Enough. Lmao that kid is a suburban white teen and nothing bad will happen to him. Dont worry.

They should be banned from the stadium though.

Lovemachine2000 and B-Bob like this.
  7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I watched game 3 and only the highlights of game 4 but officiating from the 1st two games and the 2nd two games have been very opposite. I guess it's home court officiating but I can't stand how much they let Luka just bully the defensive player. It's the same silly stuff they used to call on Yao all the time but in Luka's case they are letting him drop the shoulder into the defender nearly as hard as he wants with no calls and the off arm push off WITH extension. They also seem to forget the 3 seconds while he's pumping and pivoting in the lane.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Big woop. They literally do it every time they take an L. It makes people not give a **** when they get screwed by the refs. Quit crying wolf everytime.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

There's definitely a lot of home cooking by the refs in this series, but Phoenix is the better team and it shows when the whistles are called evenly. Games 1 and 2 were not as terribly biased as game 4 (I didn't get to watch game 3). Luka gets to be as physical as he wants to be when posting up and draws fouls on the lightest of touches, but the refs didn't call it on the other end. What I want is an evenly called game.
    But it's not crying wolf when it's true. The refs have too much influence on the game and there's no integrity to the sport. The NBA is the closest sport to the WWE.

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

In this one game sure its true the refs sucked. I live in Phoenix. Trust me I have heard it ask year. The losses they have are anyways because of either the officiating or the team just didn't try. The go to is to blame the refs. They are incredibly hard to root for. The fans are extremely fair weather and only pop out when the team is good and much like the players have an excuse for everything. **** Phoenix.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean you act like it only applies to one team. It doesn’t. They have every reason to be critical of the embarrassing reffing yesterday

#211 YOLO, May 9, 2022
    Last edited: May 9, 2022
    clutchdabear likes this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're giving a really long leash to the kid. "He probably didn't know the women were related to CP3 in some way." So you're saying it'd be okay if the kid put his hands on any other random woman? From the tweet, it was both CP's mom and CP's wife. So two women. And they had kids around too, which makes the whole situation worse.

Lovemachine2000, clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

34 TOs in 2 games. DBook and CO should cry less about the refs and maybe work on protecting the ball. Credit to Kidd and Dallas too

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dallas underrated
    Or
    Phoenix overrated
    Or
    REFS?

Rocket River

15. PatBev

PatBev Member

I need to see video of the push. Pushing a old lady and a women is just so wild I almost think it was probably more of accident. I don’t see a 14 year old having the balls to do that. He might be a rich and entitled kid but I don’t he’s a psychopath like that or else that mom would really have to question the son she’s raising

16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Why does every luka fan look like a nazi?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

PWR likes this.
  18. PWR

PWR Member

Let CP3 and his male family members have 5 minutes with these idiots in a locked room.

YOLO likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Looks to me like he's somewhere on the spectrum. Maybe I haven't watched the right clip, but he just looks confused. (Not excusing anything, but this whole incident is just very odd.)

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02, B-Bob and dmoneybangbang like this.