1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More annoying? WOKE or RED PILLED folks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, May 4, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I'll say it, both sides use the same scorched earth tactics to get what they want and don't want to compromise.

They both seem to think if you don't agree with them, you are evil and anything goes.

The left wants much more than a public option, and this is a prime example of doing the same thing the far right does and not owning up to the actual policies most actually want.

T_Man likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

can you explicitly state some of these same tactics? Like does the left even if they lose by millions of votes say those votes are fake?

Lol I need some nuance here to know exactly what you are referring to.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can, but it would not make a difference, I have said what I needed to say.

You don't need any nuance, you just want to debate and will move the goalpost as needed.

JuanValdez and T_Man like this.
  4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Woke is far more annoying as that is trying to push your beliefs onto people IMO. Red pilled is just seeing the truth. It's really unfortunate how redpill has been turned into this negative thing.

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I notice several times here folks ask you to clarify your position, and you refuse to do so. You just throw you hands up as if your opinion is indeed factual.

A difference of opinion is foundational. It's very important to have open debates. Disagreement does not equal "attack".

You know what does equal "attack", taking up arms and storming the government to overthrow an election.
    You know what else equals "attack", trying to break the country in half because you want to keep your slaves.

Conservatives have a history of taking up arms to overthrow the government when they don't get their way. Liberals will take up arms to attain and expand rights, while conservatives take up arms to limit and break down rights. That said, liberals have never tried to overthrow the government.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Which government(s) are we talking about because this is really not true.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The examples listed were talking about instances in the United States.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude you are all over the place, I don't clarify my position when I can't make it any clearer.

The poster I responded to knows what happened during the nomination process, I said the same things then.

There is nothing to debate about this is not about taking up arms, but liberals were all bout taking up arms in the 60's and the conservatives were saying the same thing you are saying now.

Both sides like to "other" meaning painting a wide swatch of people as inherently evil.

Conservatives do not like to take up arms to limit and break down rights as a principle, the same way liberals did not in the 60's.

Nothing good comes out of demonizing an entire subset of people by what the fringe does.

I bet you don't even know what an actual conservative is because its not the MAGA crowd.

9. krosfyah

The poster asked you to make it clearer with specific examples ...and you didn't.

1A explicitly protects protesting against the government.
    14A explicitly outlaws overthrowing the government.

Again, disagreement is important. Trying to take your ball and go home when you lose is not the same thing as disagreement.

So when in the 60s did liberals attempt insurrection? Let me save us both the trouble. You'll say something like "We both know what I'm talking about so you can go do your own research". At which point, I'll say "Case in point that you don't support your own position and you simply state your own opinions as if they are factual". Amirite? We can just end this one here if that's how that's going to go. Or you can actually cite your positions with specific facts rather than vague generalities.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The poster knows what he did leading up to the nomination, I am not going to dig into all of that, I don't give a **** what he asked he knows its true I don't need to prove anything.

This was not just about insurrection it is about both sides reverting to violence nice try at deflection.

Here are examples.

Here's What Happened the Last Time the Left Got Nasty
    https://www.politico.com › story › 2018/07/05 › democ...

Jul 5, 2018 — David Greenberg, a professor of history and media studies at Rutgers, is a contributing editor at Politico Magazine. His most recent book is ...

The Weather Underground was a domestic terrorist group that developed as "a small, violent offshoot of Students for a Democratic Society," a group that originated in the 1960s to advocate for social change.[18] Between 1973 and 1975, the Symbionese Liberation Army was active, committing bank robberies, murders, and other acts of violence.[19] Other terrorist groups such as the small New World Liberation Front resorted to death threats, drive-by shootings and planting of pipe-bombs in the late 1970s.[20] During the 1980s, both the May 19th Communist Organization (M19CO) and the smaller United Freedom Front were active. After 1985, following the dismantling of both groups, one source reports there were no confirmed acts of left-wing terrorism by similar groups.[21] Incidents of left-wing terrorism dropped off at the end of the Cold War (circa 1989), partly due to the loss of support for communism.[22]

Did I support my position enough?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Name one positive thing the right is doing for the country or the people, just one?

DD

12. krosfyah

Thanks for actually citing examples this time. It should be noted that there are fringe elements in any society. By definition, there has to be. No society is comprised of 100% centrists.

Given that, the liberal fringe was never endorsed by the power structure. NEVER!

Conversely, conservative leadership HAS resorted to and/or endorsed violence with the express intent to circumvent the federal government. This violence was definitely mainstream and coordinated from the top down.

Again, to say "both sides do it" is a cop out answer. One side is exponentially worse than the other.

13. dmoneybangbang

There's just so much anger among males these days.

Red pilled are more destructive and seem to like chaos, while the woke just get eye rolls.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude just stop.

This is why i don't go back and forth with FC ya'll just move the goalpost.

Nobody has ever said who endorsed what, my entire point is that both have used violence.

Who is conservative leadership? Nobody on the Republican side is currently a conservative, you are just using tags that don't even fit.

Nobody is using a both side argument, you are the one taking it there.

The fact that you think it's a matter of sides and one being worse than the other is what's wrong with everything.

Do you think I am a conservative, by the way?

T_Man likes this.
  15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Violence is normal when you ignore public will.

DD

16. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Jesus you are ignorant. No offense.

17. krosfyah

Bolding your contradictory statements in red.

Conservative leadership = Donald J Trump and Jefferson Davis.

At no point did a libberal POTUS ever support insurection.

I'm not "moving the goal" posts. I'm acknowledging some fringe actors on the left have acted as fringe actors. However, as a whole, what the left extremists have done is FAR less destructive than what the right extremists have done. It's not even close. The right wing extremists are way way worse, mostly because those extremists were not extreme ...they were mainstream and very violent and tried to overthrow the government.

Using Elon's pictorial, it's about like this when it comes to violence and impact of said violence:

Left wing extremists <------------- <center>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->right wing extremists

[edit: fixed formatting issues]

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are far more red-pilled folks here in the D&D than woke by a wide margin.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The woke and the pilled deserve each other. Truly a match made in hell.

T_Man and Spooner like this.
  20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That’s cap.

the right is a selfish me first platform.

prove that wrong.

oh. And you are a blithering ****ing idiot. No offense.

DD