1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A New Hope: Kamala Harris

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 11, 2016.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I guess it's fair game since we ridiculed Trump mercilessly for his terrible public speaking -- and that was a daily thing because he was always speaking in public terribly. But this is pretty unremarkable. Not an eloquent speech, but speakers often repeat the critical idea they want to communicate for emphasis. She was talking about internet connectivity in rural areas, how slow internet is leaving those people behind, and how it'll take time to get all those areas connected and what that's going to mean for the people who live there. The idea makes sense. Putting the emphasis on the passage of time makes sense. It was a little artless, but I doubt you'd even notice while watching the full speech. It is interesting to watch, though, how politicos can weave this narrative of how Kamala Harris is a rambling, nonsensical speaker with a thousand little decontextualized clips and eventually the audience gets the idea that she's a rambling, nonsensical speaker (and totally unfit for the presidency) -- not on the validity of any of the datapoints, but just on the illusion of robustness you get from having a thousand of them.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

She's the poster child for failing upward despite gross incompetence (even for a politician).

Slept and race/gender-hustled her way to the top.

Was such an awful/unpopular candidate she didn't even make it to Iowa, was only selected as VP to fend of Bernie, and now is one barely-functioning heartbeat away from the presidency.

basso likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

ur repeating a convenient lie, misinformation.

her one-time boyfriend, Willie Brown, was actually a political liability for Harris, in state-wide elections.

Willie Brown had been a popular politician in Norther Calif, but So Calif voters---including many Black Dems---distrust him;
    that is why he had never attempted to run for state wide elections.

even w this political liability, Harris, from No Calif, won 3 state-wide elections, winning the the more populated So Calif voters

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's not really how the D&D works son

basso and tinman like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gee... commodore accusing a black woman of using her race and sleeping to her way to her position. Why am I not surprised...

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sleeping her way to the top? Really? So dating the mayor when she was in her 20's somehow propelled her to the top as the Attorney General of the state in 2004 and then was elected to the United States Senate? It's more logical to say that Mayor Brown was trying to sleep his way to the top. Sleeping with a city mayor doesn't get you to the AG, United States Senate, and VP of the United States of America unless she had other merits.

Who knew that sleeping with the mayor was a way to offices far above the mayor decades later? Of course she was already a deputy DA in Alameda County prior to that.

It sounds like a ridiculous sexist accusation to me.

She was extremely competent as the California AG.

She was hardly incompetent even for a politician. She didn't only manage to do that because she dated Willy Brown.

You further proved my point. While I'm not a fan of hers since leaving the AG office, the criticisms and labels she is slammed with from the right are hugely exaggerated and unfair.

deb4rockets and JuanValdez like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Appears commodore has company...

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Commodore

don't let those fake wokesters pretend to be woke

even the woke vice news knows Kamala is Con mala

basso likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't know if you've noticed, but it's "black women are inferior, defend the master race" week on capitol hill due to the Kentanji hearings.

The logic is something like - they're inferior, see here's one, the fact that they're here means they're inferior.

It's real deep stuff

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

when Charlamagne the God, your biggest supporter, questions you
    then you aren't doing a good job

Charlamagne ,3 years ago

now

11. SuraGotMadHops

I didn't know heels up Harris was one of Montell Williams' hoes.

[​IMG]

basso and tinman like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure if you keep trying, you might be able to cram more sexism into a smaller post. I have faith.

rhino17 and Andre0087 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m sick and tired of wanna be respectable people

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then you might want to switch parties because "respectable" is the last thing I see in Trump. The dude cheated on all his wives, sexually assaulted numerous women, and has lived his life lying, conning and bullying people compulsively. I can't think of a man with so little respect for anyone but himself at all. Kamala and Biden walk on holy water next to Trump.

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

so you're saying what about Trump

tinman and Roc Paint like this.
  17. Roc Paint

Could you just imagine being in the middle of her and Trump

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't go near that pig. That would never happen, even if someone paid me to.

19. Roc Paint

I know dear Deb I was being facetious

tinman likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah kinda… when you are someone who prays to the alter of MAGA and serves as a low level career propagandist for Trump on here as a living… you wear Trump on your sleeve just as if I was a 99er Rockets fan here but was seen sitting courtside at every Spurs game.

Your credibility on topics of morality especially with sexuality are always going to be hypocritical when you are MAGA.

So yeah “so you’re saying what about Trump” is pretty relevant when a Trumper here wants to push outrage because a black woman dares to have sex and then later have an important political career. Hypocrisy really is an understatement on top of some not so cryptic racism.