1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (1)Miami vs. (4)Philadelphia

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2022.

?

(1)Miami Heat vs. (4)Philadelphia 76ers

Poll closed May 3, 2022.
  1. Heat in 4

12.5%
  2. Heat in 5

29.7%
  3. Heat in 6

21.9%
  4. Heat in 7

4.7%
  5. Sixers in 7

10.9%
  6. Sixers in 6

17.2%
  7. Sixers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sixers in 4

3.1%
  1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah because Lowry is a defensive role player, your love for Harden is blinding....

Never said Lowry is as valuble as Embiid, I said Miami is missing a key player that is absolutely essential for Miami to advance to the next round or further....

They may not need Lowry to beat Harden but they will need him to beat Embiid.... But to say Miami is full strength and thats why Harden is choking it up is just another excuse in a sea of excuses by Harden super fans...

Asian Sensation and hakeem94 like this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know why people want Harden to take more shots. He would just go 7 for 25 from the field instead of 4 for 13.

Even the shots he made yesterday were pretty tough. Miami shades Harden everytime he gets the ball, and he doesn't really have the burst to go through the double teams, and the offense just plays hot potato at the 3 point line with zero penetration until shot clock runs out.

I don't think Harden played particularly bad yesterday, he's just not overall not good enough to carry the offense. he's been reduced to very little penetration, and when he does drive, it's into 3 other people

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because he gave ppl flashes of greatness and they now expect it of him forever and hold him to that standard
    imho
    morey is more to blame, he should have traded for c wood and ego...harden needs a lob target and shooters to unlock his game

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Appreciate JJ speaking common sense. Harden logged SO many minutes for us and missed very few games. Even his detractors have to admit we rode him like Earl Campbell. (2 free throws and a cloud of dust, over and over.)

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wtf r u spinning it.

76ers aren't at full strength. Harden is being accused of choking bc of it.

I state the loss of embiid is vital to the 76ers, u counter that the heats lost Lowry stop making excuses. Basically akin to saying the loss of Lowry is the same as losing embiid.

Heat without Lowry is still better than 76ers without embiid. But sure it's all excuse for harden.

Don't b spinning sht up now bro. The loss of mvp candidate in embiid is way more impactful in this matchupb than the Heats missing Lowry, try to refute that if u want Harden hater.

#406 DatRocketFan, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Toronto Dream was 39. Wizards Jordan was 38. Orlando Ewing was 39.

Harden is 32.

Dream carried his team to two championships when he was 31, 32.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To be fair, comparing anyone to Dream's physical body or Jordan's will is not really fair.

I don't know why it has to be so binary for Harden -- not saying that about your take, just all the vehement arguing in general that makes threads like this more tedious than they need to be. He's a phenomenal regular season player whose odometer might be expiring earlier than some other greats. He never really had a gear where he could consistently dominate playoff games like a Hakeem or Jordan. He found intriguing ways to improve his game every year until the last couple, (though arguably he's found a way to be a decent post defender and still gets a surprising # of steals and blocks compared to his first couple of years, seems to me.)

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dream was a devout Muslim who took care of his body. He’s by far the greatest Rocket ever. And honestly he was done by the time Pippen showed up here. But Done is done no matter how old. Harden is done. He’s a shell.

Slyonebluejay and HP3 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

B-Bob likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I think its becoming pretty clear the days of Harden being aggressive are behind him. He just isn't a shot maker anymore.

He had an eFG% of 48% this season (league average is 53%). So far in the playoffs he has an eFG% of 48%, 2nd worst on the team, only ahead of Thybulle who is offensively challenged. That's pretty bad.

ronclone and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with you about Harden. You mentioned those great players in the past when they were at the tail end of their careers. If your point is that Harden is at the tail end like those guys, then it's really sad because he is only 32. If your point is that Harden ages much faster because he doesn't take care of his body like those other guys, then he has nobody to blame but himself.

Either way, again, I don't disagree. It just doesn't look good. Age 32 is usually not too old for a great player to still play at a high level, unless of course, he's bothered by injuries.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

https://www.theringer.com/2022/5/3/23054904/sixers-heat-joel-embiid-injury

Clearly the answer is to stick with DJ.

B-Bob and HP3 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Which guys LOL, put a name to it. I want to see which of these dudes have the lowest IQ in the NBA, I really do.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Now here come the Harden haters:

So this loss is going to be blamed on DJ and Doc, right? You Harden nuthuggers are so full of ****. Blah blah blah.

Reasonable Harden Fans:

Well ****, Harden didn't play good at all, but judging from watching the game last night, there was clearly a night and day different between DJ playing and the sixers playing small. Miami likely still wins since Spolstra would of made the adjustments, but i would of rode the high with the small ball line up.

The **** i watched last night was typical stubborn Doc coaching.

#416 ElPigto, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
    clos4life and HP3 like this.
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Point well taken...

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hold that same energy when Embiid gets back, dont be mad thou when you see Lowry making winning plays....... Something tells me you gonna blame the refs...

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lowry makes winning plays wtf r u even trying to say. Did u not see the raptors game where Embiid shot the game winning 3? I do not understand how u r spinning that Embiid an mvp contender doesn't have more impact than lowry.

Pathetic in trying to spin that a missing Embiid is excuse for "harden supposedly choking"

This is what i said
    Missing embiid, a vital member of 76ers is crucial. (this guy is in contention for the MVP)

But once more dem harden haters like to btch how harden is a choker and what not. (this is literally what u and asiansensation are doing)

It's the cp3 scenario all over again. (repeat of harden losing his reliable teammate)
    But apparently Missing your best big man is just making excuses for harden (literally u accusing me of doing)

waste of time trying to argue with a fool thinking losing a MVP candidate is the same as losing a 36 yr old pg

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

I know you are angry, Harden pooped his big boy pants again but dont let it cloud your vision... The series is young and Harden will have a chance of redemption....

All I am saying is that MIA is also not at full strength. Lowry does not need to be an mvp candidate to be extremely important to his team. Lowry does not need to drop 30 ppg to be important to his team.

Is he as important as Embiid is to Philly? No he is not, that does not mean that MIA does not need him. Harden is better than any player MIA has..... Harden Ive been told finally has help.... Harden faced MIA with a key player missing and still lost.

Dont feel sad, mabe next game Harden takes over....