1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (1)Miami vs. (4)Philadelphia

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2022.

?

(1)Miami Heat vs. (4)Philadelphia 76ers

Poll closed May 3, 2022.
  1. Heat in 4

12.5%
  2. Heat in 5

29.7%
  3. Heat in 6

21.9%
  4. Heat in 7

4.7%
  5. Sixers in 7

10.9%
  6. Sixers in 6

17.2%
  7. Sixers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sixers in 4

3.1%
  1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think Harden's unwillingness to change his game does put a lot of responsibility on him. He use to have a really nice mid-range game and for whatever reason Mike D/Morey told him not to use it anymore.

When he isn't handling the ball he just stands in the corner taking up space.

It is definitely Harden's fault as well and him wanting to play this style of basketball that makes it easy to guard in the playoffs when you don't have other elite options (i.e. 2017-2018 CP3).

2. Asian Sensation

Sooo more excuses. What happened to the Bbbut bbut but Heats defense isn’t as good as the Raptors defense cause they don’t have the length like they do narrative you were pushing before the game? You flipped the script on that one real fast. Only to make more excuses for your loser hero after he comes up short.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. H. Christopher

Why you trying to act like these playoff duds are new for Harden?

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Its not even about the midrange(to me). Its about him not taking OPEN 3s. AND ONLY TAKING 13 SHOTS.

He had the best plus minus and refuses to push the envelope and I dont get it. He looks like a dude not trying to get injured.

5. Asian Sensation

Tell me… what does Deandre Jordan have to do with Harden only making 5 field goals and turning the ball over 5 times?

Salvy likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Whenever Grant Hill said Harden was clearly fouled for the 2nd time on a 3 point attempt in the first half I thought to myself a real champion would have made the shots anyway.

Getting fouled but not getting the call and recognizing it is a classic excuse.

HP3 likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden's loss of burst is wild he moves like he's running in molasses -- I can't recall a star falling off so hard in his prime.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Tobias Harris was getting a ton of criticism from Philly fans the first half of the season, but he's been really good the second half and in the playoffs.

Good effort by the 6ers in the first half, but they simply don't have enough shooting or an inside presence (Embiid) for an effective offense right now.

The Heat's offense likewise looks average at best without Lowry, especially against the zone. Offensive rebounding and taking care of the ball was the difference against an anemic 6ers team.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing, but why was he playing when he was a huge negative? Philly was getting beat in the boards and was stagnant with him in there. That's on Doc as well. Once again, Harden deserves his share of the blame, obviously be no longer wants to be aggressive for whatever reason.

Slyonebluejay and HP3 like this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is why your posts continue to be garbage. Instead of talking about how Jordan was the worst 76ers player on the court, thus directly contributing to why the 76ers lost today, you talk about what effect, if any, his awful play had on Harden.

Suppress your hate boner and maybe you'll actually contribute to this forum, for once. (I doubt it tho)

HP3, MettaWorldPete and astrosrule like this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes he should do more off the ball, but he can't even get to a mid range shot right now. They double him at every turn. Maybe he should go post up.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Philly is just simply outmatched, they expect Harden to be the 2nd option and on nights like tonight the 1st... Harden just isn't it anymore, he could be good coming off the bench but Philly really needs to focus on getting Embiid help...

my time to shine likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I can. Second year Houston CP3. Harden better switch to a vegan diet. Or Philly better hope it's a 2 year recovery like CP3. Cuz he's just not the same.

HP3 likes this.
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Trolls gotta troll, it’s a big day for him, let him have it!

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

This game was the one to steal. Butler isn't going to be this bad in game 2 and Lowry might be back for it, as well.

HP3 likes this.
  16. MettaWorldPete

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but at least the second one he was smacked on the forearm while releasing, nobody would make that shot.

jordnnnn and HP3 like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You read my post and that's what you got from it? I was just saying there is a chance he could score better cuz heats 1 on 1 defense isn't as good as the Raptors. But the Heat didn't even try to guard him 1 on 1. He made good reads and no one is hitting shots. But I don't think he's the same player anymore. Will he ever recover from that hamstring? Houston Harden could beat double teams and was way more explosive. Sixers should not give this current Harden the max.

You can hang your hat on how much you hate Harden. but anyone watching that thinks this is the same player is crazy. Maybe he's done as an elite player forever.

Slyonebluejay and HP3 like this.
  20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Not that Deandre Jordan is the difference between the Sixers winning or losing (without Embiid)... but lol Doc really is an idiot.

MettaWorldPete likes this.