1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Rockets should trade Jae’Sean Tate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Brown’s game is nothing like Tate’s. Once again I think y’all undervaluing Tate. Brown doesn’t handle the ball well. Doesn’t handle on breaks. Doesn’t take his man off the dribble. Doesn’t have a post game. Most of Brown’s points are spot up 3s, cuts, and lobs. He’s not as good as Tate now except for 3s but even that he has been inconsistent his whole career and he doesn’t attempt as many 3s a game. So no Brown’s game is no way similar or has more “upside” than Tate.

#141 Stephen_A, Apr 30, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

his most remarkable exposure this season, is as the oldest rookie on NBA weekend made the clutch shot with an acrobatic spin move (literally before fell down to the ground).

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Thats the issue. People keep dismissing him citing him being 26 and already giving up on his growth and improvement especially with his 3 pt shooting which can be improved and evidenced throughout league history.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, this is about the rosiest Rockets red metaverse glasses take yet.

Your sentiment is probably not shared across the league.

5. SamFisher

Great so I'll take the 21 year old guy who's already better at it.

mikenm268 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Might be more celebs, musicians and oldie NBA stars for the 75th Anniversary event than scouts in the stands.

DeBeards likes this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah because i actually watch the games closely and base my evaluations on that. If you don’t agree great and state your reasons logically instead of tearing down my opinion ass hole

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Unnecessarily snarky. The discussion was about Tate and the fallacious thinking in people who cite age as a factor in growth when he is only 26. Again stay on topic here. If you have nothing to add then don’t. Stay on your side.

9. SamFisher

When his main replacement is younger with better upside and a better fit - it's worth discussing. That's what the article is about!
    Lol, so mad.

Bruce Brown is better at probably everything than Tate except for maybe ball handling, but like i said, if you're looking at Tate to initiate the offense as as anything other than the occasional curveball to take the other team by surprise - you've got much bigger problems such as the upcoming lottery.

Tate's areas of superiority to other role players are irrelevant to his niche.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Just because I called you an ass hole which you are has nothing to do with being mad. Just called you for what you are. Its your nature you can’t help it.

11. SamFisher

Lol, driving to Temecula bc of the honor of Jaesean Tate's trade value - sounds great

D-rock likes this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Petty

#152 Stephen_A, Apr 30, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It can be, doesn't mean that it will be.

For every player that you can find that improved on their 3 point shooting to an effective degree, you will easily find 10 more that didn't. You just don't hear about them because there are almost countless number of players that never became an effective 3 point shooter, and not developing a skill isn't particularly noteworthy.

For example, on this roster alone, there are already 3 veteran players that play on the perimeter that clearly never developed a reliable 3 PT shot (Nwaba, Schroder and Wall.). The odds of Tate joining this list is incredibly high, specifically because his age limits his growth potential. He is not as mouldable as Sengun or Garuba, who are significantly younger than him and still have plenty of time to refine their jumpshot.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm not too gung ho on KMJ, but it is just weird that there is so little data on how the Rockets play in a year of experimentation with Green and without Tate.

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Unless you have a study that shows the data which supports your opinion then your opinion is just that. Conjecture. Neither you or I have a complete study to cite from. I’m simply saying that there is a possibility that he could improve his shooting and there’s Several players I can think of in league history that support my opinion. And that’s a fair assessment. Unlike you I don’t have a confidence level attached to it in terms of what’s more or less likely because I don’t have the complete data and study to back it up and neither do you. I also don’t understand where this arbitrary number comes from in terms of 26 years old as being too “old” to develop and grow as a player. Again says who? What data? What qualitative evidence even? At what age does a player stop growing?

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's not how burden of proof works.

You need to look at the statistics to see how many players come into this league as a complete non-shooting threat, that eventually develop into one. "Several players I can think of" is not proof, nor is it a fair assessment. In all case studies there are always anomalies. It is on you to prove that there is a big enough sample size of this happening for it to be treated as a common occurrence. In fact, you technically need to show studies of this happening for players specifically after the age of 26, but frankly the former is already difficult enough. The onus is not on me to prove that players don't improve their shooting, because I cannot prove a negative.

Is there a possibility that Tate can improve into a 3 point shooting threat? Sure. There is also a possibility that Tate becomes a superstar, or becomes the next James Harden. That doesn't mean you make decisions on Tate based on these possibilities.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

nah you are over thinking it. I never said it is likely or speaking in probabilities. I said he could improve meaning there is a possibility. You my friend like others on here spoke as a matter of fact which you have none to rest on so its on you to back up your bullshiet. I responded in kind with my statement lol. Im not on trial there is no burden of proof silly rabbit. A simple statement and fair assessment. You like many on this site try to make things out to be what they aren’t and stir up arguments and conflate things instead of taking comments for what they are. Good day.

#157 Stephen_A, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
  18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You probably should consider proof reading because you are contradicting yourself in consecutive sentences.

The fact of the matter is the odds are significantly against Tate when it comes to whether he will ever become a 3PT threat, therefore it is perfectly valid to question his fit on this team now and in the future because of his lack of 3PT shooting. There is no need to read more or less into this.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

give it up dude lmao you’re trying too hard to sound intelligent lmao

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If what I typed is your definition of "sounding intelligent", well it would explain a lot.

Williamson, D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.