1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Based off available information? The available information, at that time, was Harden averaging 37/5/11 through the first 3 games before giving up the last 5. He even had 44/17 in the first game and looked like he gelled instantly with Christian Wood, a completely new player on the team.

You're only puffing out your chest and saying it was the right decision now, because hindsight is 20/20. If Harden was averaging then what he's averaging now, along with playing like he's washed, then the haul from BKN was absolutely justified. I'd even go so much as to say we completely fleeced them.

But when Harden started off that year out of shape and still averaged 37/5/11 in 3 games before phoning it in for the last 5 and then being traded to BKN, it was a bad deal, plain and simple. The skill level was still at an MVP level - dude just wasn't motivated to play for Houston, anymore.

With about 99% of superstar trades, the side that trades the superstar is usually the side that ends up losing. And at the time, we traded a superstar. Obviously, it looks like Harden is now just a regular ol' starter, instead of a star or superstar.

In hindsight, it looks like the Rockets are going to win the Harden trade. But when the trade happened, it was a bad return.

Did the Rockets have to make the trade? Yeah, because a pouting superstar is detrimental to everything a team is trying to accomplish. Was it a good trade AT THE TIME? No way.

2. Asian Sensation

9 field goals and 9 turnovers the last 2 games. Your bum ass loser hero sure does provide a lot of ammo to btch about.

Now tell me more about that gentleman sweep dipshit.

[​IMG]

hakeem94, Salvy and my time to shine like this.
  3. my time to shine

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

SAS throwing it out there JH is coasting for MDA

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Keep btching about harden, I know u will do it regardless. Man will b living in your head rent free until he retires. Keyboard warrior with literally no added value to the forum except the nonstop btching about a player who is no longer here.

Might as well go to the 76ers fan site and complain about him.

TEXNIFICENT, clos4life and HP3 like this.
  6. Asian Sensation

You’re upset at me for discussing Harden’s performance. It’s not my fault he ****ing sucks. Ya know you can choose a new hero or just put me on ignore. Now tell me more about why it doesn’t matter if he struggles and that gentleman sweep you were talking about.

Salvy likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's about context. Scottie Barnes was out. James hard3n teammates were on fire.

My post was I personally think this series probably gonna end up in a gentleman sweep, and harden can just cruise if his teammates r playing how well they r rn.

There is no gotcha moment for a dumbass harden hater like u. His teammates aren't doing so hot, but u btching about harden like he's the sole reason y they lost.

Embiid is Injured, Barnes is back but yea it's all harden fault for suckin. Mindless hater that provides no insight on the series aside from nonstop btching about harden. Probably just box score watches.

Keep calling him my hero but u r more obsessed with harden as weird ass hater than basically all of us on here aside from hardenvolume1

clos4life likes this.
  8. Asian Sensation

Oh you using bold font now? You really mad huh lol. Keep working on them predictions and forming a coherent sentence while you’re at it.

Salvy likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I also would not say he sucks. At one point this year he was 7th in the NBA i remember seeing in points created (which whoever is 1st usually wins MVP) He has his faults ok... whatever go ahead and list them. Thing is though he was never the most athletic guy out there what he did was mostly dictated by skill. Being 7th in that metric though is anything but sucky.

clos4life likes this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Okay now tell me the turnover leaders year by year for the last 10 years.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

clos4life, HP3 and Asian Sensation like this.
  12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Regular season Harden has directv but playoff Harden has a streaming service using a dialup modem.

KingCheetah and BigShasta like this.
  13. Asian Sensation

lol well played

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Playoff Harden on the Rockets was still a top 5-10 player but just not as consistent as RS.

clos4life likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I can actually enjoy this game tonight not caring if Harden ***** the best and let’s this get to a game 7.

it’s like watching a couple fight while you’re enjoying a drink alone at a bar.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden has high speed satellite internet, but it's always raining.

jiggyfly, hakeem94, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  17. riko

riko Member

Harden going farther then Kyrie the nut job and KD is hilarious and ironic

clos4life and Rocket River like this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was telling some friends earlier that any single thing that can cause turmoil in Brooklyn is good. Harden winning a championship would be one of those things to create more angst with Durant and Simmons etc.

clos4life and riko like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

I truly believe Durant will blame Irving for this if it were to happen.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Very true, the further Harden goes in the playoffs, the bigger the blowback to the Nets. It also helps that it indirectly increases the pressure placed on Simmons.

Getting to the ECF would be a clear win for the Sixers, since both the Nets and the Sixers were knocked off in the 2nd round last season.