1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Should Nick Trade for Deebo Samuel?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by my time to shine, Apr 21, 2022.

?

Should they?

1. Yes - for pick 13

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. Yes - for a second rounder

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. No - I don’t want to use cap on him

33 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Landry's Tooth

Wouldn't it depend on the cost?

Why do we have Cooks? Couldn't we use Deebo for the same reason?

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It would depend on cost but I’m assuming it would be prohibitive with multiple suitors competing.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

As i said, i would do 2 #2s and a #1 spread over 3 years if they are able to add a couple of 2s by moving from 3 to around 8 or 9...

I think i would rather have Deebo, the top wr in the draft, and Cooks then drafting a tackle or pass rusher at #3...

I like giving Mills no excuses this season...

raining threes likes this.
  4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Surprised the reaction is this negative. I'm a huge fan of Deebo's game so I'm probably biased, but I'd do this for the #13 easy. Don't think any of the WR's we'd potentially draft at this stage (think Jameson/Wilson will be gone) is a reason to say no here. Yes, this is a year or two ahead of schedule but who cares? He's 26 and you need to pay studs eventually and we have tons of cap space. Yes, we just re-signed Cooks. So? This would give us the best WR tandem in the league.

You have tons of draft capital over the next few years to build out the rest of the roster, trading one pick for a sure-fire stud just entering his prime in no way derails that.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Im sorry, Im not giving up 3 high picks for a WR. 2 - 2s and a #1? Crack kills. The Texans still don't have a PROVEN,RELIABLE, HEALTHY Runningback. IDIOTIC.

Then you would still have to PAY HIM $22-$25 Million. HELL NO!

Plus, the 49ers are looking for 2-#1s for Deebo. HELL NO.

Most of you complained about O'Brien as GM, but would make O'Brien-level DUMB moves with these draft choices.

6. Landry's Tooth

1) Rookies are very hit/miss so drafting someone like Deebo is at best 50/50.

2) Deebo does help in the run game.

3) Slot receivers are a premium for quick hot routes for young qbs.

4) Your suggestion to draft a second round talent at rb with a first rounder is truely idiotic.

5) Yeah, let's never pay anyone... that's a sure fire way to win a super bowl... Also, his deal would be up about the time our draft picks would need extensions.

6) We were looking for more than what we got for Deshaun... a 1 and two 2s might be their best offer. That was the most I'm willing to do so your 2 firsts point seems irrelevant.

They say no, they say no... if it was fair value being offered you should be almost indifferent whether they take the offer or not.

You also failed to note this would be only if they can get extra picks trading back.

I don't see how you can justify the difference in the 3rd and 9th picks being an all pro wr in his prime. The talent gap isn't that big...

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

UM...NO. You don't pay a slot WR $22+ Million dollars. Texans, according to most on this board are at least 1 or 2 years away from competing. You don't waste MONEY or PICKs on a 26 year old WR looking for his 2nd contract. You draft a WR to go along with Collins, Cooks, Jordan, and Mills. Cooks helps the youngsters develop.

8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The vote on this is ridiculous.

It should say no, I dont want to trade high draft capital to acquire him.

WTF.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Would he play QB?

10. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I'd trade a 2 and David Johnson and swap some 6's and 7's to make it fair. Aren't we due to be on the good end of one of these trades.

11. liveguy

liveguy Member

Naw...just draft Treylon Burks in round 2.

my time to shine likes this.
  12. Landry's Tooth

They will be 3 years away if Mills fails.

Also, he's not just a slot receiver.

Honestly you're a waste of time discussing this with since you have displayed you don't even know who Deebo is.

Muting you and moving on...

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. I know exactly who Deebo is. Texans have needs that they need to keep those picks.