1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] After 62 losses, Rockets season was one big win

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2022.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I know what the team is doing, it’s a plan/process and hopefully it pays off in the near future, but I’ve never had fun losing! Maybe I’m shallow…‍o_O

Go Rockets!!!
    …….
    …….
    …….

ilovehtownbb, ico4498 and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nah, you just need more Severo in your life

Severo white vest.gif

Tfor3, daywalker02 and BamBam like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am happy with the year, but man I hate that the team has little chance to win, I HATE that Silas didn't try to teach defense or hold players accountable.

I am glad it is over, we should not have been that bad........but we were now, I want the org to stress winning and if Silas can't do that, kick his ass to the curb.

DD

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Hmm where to begin, I don't trust this organization with anything other then drafting. It was alot of questionable moves in the stone era. I don't like that we didn't get the data points we should have with sengun. We barely got those with Green, our freaking franchise guy. Sengun should of been starting at center to see how he fairs in more situations.

They had a number 2 draft pick looking like trash. Jalen had to go outside the organization(allstar break) to get confidence. He had guys in his class defer to him thst game and his own damn team back home wasn't doing that.

Silas coaching was horrible and accountability none existent. We still don't know proper roles on a transition break. A whole damn year. And it's crazy in a whole year they couldn't expand the play book. We have the lowest iq in the nba.

Silas and Stone on my radar. Stone cause of his junky roster construction and not being able to move Gordon(should of been a slam dunk)

CriscoKidd and DaDakota like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Everyone saw it was Lucas who helped develop Jalen Green. Silas can't teach defense, despite our limitations. Kenny Atkinson would have been a better coach. We're stuck with Silas, unless TF and PF realize this.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

In his exit interview after the season he addressed this. With such a young roster he let guys play through mistakes a lot as they learn the NBA game and work through their inexperience. He also mentioned that, having had a learning year like this last season, there would be no excuses for the players making the same mistakes next season and to expect more accountability for the players based on what happens on-court.

I think this is understandable. It remains to be seen if he walks the walk but personally I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this front.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. verysimplejason

Still needs to get rid of Wood and Wall... 2 W off before a W.

9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Tracy McGrady on Jeff Van Gundy and Yao Ming: It was great. I label Jeff (Van Gundy) as the best coach I played for because of the preparation. I’ve never been so prepared for games with the information that I received. Doc (Rivers) was great as well. Doc was a heck of a motivator. Doc’s pregame speeches would have you ready to run through the walls. Jeff, the information he gave to his players for each game and the accountability that was put on Me and Yao to inspire and do more for my team, I never had anyone put that type of responsibility on Me like that. It helped me grow as a player and leader. Playing with Yao (Ming) was special. To see someone of his size and skill set every day and how hard he worked, “wow.” I marveled at his work ethic and his skillset

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Tfor3, Deckard and sirjesse like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Deckard, sirjesse and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Great write-up Clutch; can’t believe I’m just now reading it. I think u summed things up perfectly; especially the part about Jalen Green attracting big-time player. That can’t be overstated enough; it’s a player league after all. I’m feeling very optimistic about the future and I really like the top 4 players in this draft. We are sitting pretty.

Hoping Stone can pull off a good trade to add another cornerstone in addition to our top 5 pick.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads-up. Went straight away to the podcast and Dave, unsurprisingly, was an excellent guest. He definitely doesn’t want Bancharo!

14. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

He didn't want Sengun either though ;)

saleem and Deckard like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

May 17th cannot come soon enough

Rocket River

conquistador#11, Aruba77 and Tfor3 like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That don't jive with me. It takes players a whole year to learn a playbook. To learn a fastbreak? The bar is so low. It's still goals to reach even in a rebuild. Do we gotta wait till next year to see effort. The league worst in fastbreak offense. A high schooler should know that

CriscoKidd likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tanks for the memories, clutch

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

One more year of tanking. Then we move assets in trade or sign some veteran "star". Combine that with a decent coach and improvement from the young core and we should have lift off.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's no set timetable nor is it a actual choice in regards to being one of the worst teams in the league. The rockets need a collection of multiple players that actually impact winning at a significant level before the turnaround even begins and it's going to take more than 1 or 2 players