1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

from a sixers board
    - If Harden goes I would think carefully about what value might be obtained for trading Embiid at his peak and starting the process over with a young coach and building around Maxey.

- I think for these things to happen, sixers have to be sold first. Joel is too much of a ticket draw for current owners to sell. Now if he demands a trade, that would be a different story.

- Don’t rule out a sale. Harris is a NYC based opportunist who already made his money in value appreciation of the franchise.

- Don’t rule out an Embiid trade demand after another terrible team playoff showing and no MVP. I think that’s a very realistic possibility. And I hope for his sake after they stink up the joint with a first round exit that he seriously considers such a demand, for the sake of his career legacy. This team is going NOWHERE and he will NEVER win an MVP award in this town.

- Harden looks cook. Can't Shoot, can't Drive and can't Jump.
    The only thing Harden can do is pass the ball that is not enough to win a Chip or for a Max Contract,
    The Sixers should have traded for Haliburton instead of Harden we would have our backcourt set for 10 years. Now we are dead in the water with the Harden Anchor around the Sixers' Neck.
    At this point at looks like the Nets won the trade by a wide margin.

- Harden over last 10 games
    FG% 38
    3p% 30
    And averaging 3.7 TOs a game.

#2141 hakeem94, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    Asian Sensation and J.R. like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's kind of funny that Morey is back with the same situation with Harden he had with CP3 in 2019.

32-33 year old guard coming off a hamstring injury in the playoffs and had career lows this year, sign of serious athletic decline, can't beat anyone off the dribble, shooting goes off a cliff. Due for a big contract/already on a big contract.

Opinions were divided at the time on Clutchfans on if CP3 should have been traded after his terrible year. The people that were adamant CP3 was going to bounce back, do you guys think Harden will make a similar bounce back as well, or become the next John Wall/Westbrook.

@YOLO @HP3

hakeem94, Rocket River, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  4. Asian Sensation

Westbrick esque.

5. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Your logic is bad since you're only looking at Rockets history. The only reason you'd make that distinction is to make Harden look better. If history matters, then look at the big picture. Don't look at a targeted slice of history.

Again, it doesn't happen until it does. No one wanted to play in Golden State until Curry showed up. No one wanted to play in Cleveland until Lebron showed up.

Dwight Howard came here to co-star with Harden. Once he learned that he was expected to play Alfred to Harden's Batman, he became disgruntled. IMO, that soured the Rockets/Harden to the rest of the league. Then we had to overpay an older Chris Paul to come here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Nah, Morey had a lot of good moves. Lowry was great for us. So was Scola. Landry. Parsons. Dragic.

I think Morey was tasked with an assignment no one else could achieve (to build a contender w/o tanking).

Slyonebluejay and Wulaw Horn like this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Eh. If he was playing well, all we would hear is “do it in the playoffs”. If he stinks it up again he’s not getting a max extension.

hakeem94, Rocket River and jordnnnn like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden will be fine in the end. He's a much more skilled player and has significantly better bball IQ than the likes of westbrick. It's been a year full of ups and downs for him. He didn't get his usual offseason where he works as usual and spent it just rehabbing. And this was a shorter offseason than normal. Then all the nets stuff with injuries to guys like harris/kd, kyrie's situation etc. Now in a brand new situation in philly. His game will age just fine. and expect philly to have an extended playoff run. I don't think this team has the roster to win it this year. Some changes will need to be made to their depth

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They just need a long 3 and D long wing. Thats what their saying to themselves

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

They benched him for half a quarter, do you want to talk about what he did in game 7 to clinch that series?

It's amazing how that game 7 does not matter, but that 4th quarter of game 6 defines him.

He also had 23 3 and 2 in that game 6.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Are you sure about that?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL did you actually think I would take that bait.

I know your game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What did Dwight do after he left Houston? Who did he co star with? I know he won a ring As a backup, defensive, pick and roll center in LA. ( and Good for him. He accepted a new role) His time as a star in the league was done. The Rockets moved on with Capela and had success.

I’m a Rockets fan so I’m judging by my franchise’s history. It’s all I care about. b****ing about why Harden couldn’t single-handedly turn the Rockets into the Lakers, Celtics or whoever is just silly to me. The Rockets have never had prime free agents flocking here to play with anyone. Harden got Howard and CP3, which ain’t bad. Which is why I can accept that Harden/ Howard & Harden/ CP3 fell short to better teams, how the pairings ended and move on and appreciate what those teams did accomplish. But Harden’s time is over in Houston and looks like Father Time is catching his ass at this point in his career. So what’s going on now is really irrelevant to his time here.

It looks like it’s Jalen Green’s turn to carry the ball, let’s see what Stone and Fertitta can put around him. Because NBA titles is an exercise in team building and is a team accomplishment. Great players need a great front office ( who can find players) and a willing owner who will pay them. Green appears to be a good starting point, I’m more interested in the history this group is going to make, front office and owner included.

#2154 TEXNIFICENT, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    hakeem94 likes this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

They are worrying already in Philly??? hahaha Where is Harden gonna end up after this? It will have to be some bad team where he can dominate the ball again... He could get the Kings to the playoffs!

Morey is probably gonna pay him though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Major

Major Member

He was benched the entire 4th quarter. The Rockets were down 17 went he went out. They outscored LA by 25 in the 4th.

And yes, he was good in game 7 - nothing outside of what is expected from any star player. The fact remains that if a coach didn't have the guts to bench him in Game 6, in his entire tenure with the Rockets, he'd never have won a series against a top-3 seed. For someone people claim is amongst the top few players in the league, that's pretty bad.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He was good the entire series, look at his stats.

For some reason you think that one quarter wipes away from everything else he did that series and then you ignore the fact that the Rockets were the underdog that series.

Top players in the league have all had bad moments in the playoffs, so why does it reflect more about Harden than anybody else?

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep, my game is correcting Harden fans when they make incorrect statement.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

His shooting percentages weren't that good. 40% from the field and 35% from the 3pt line is nothing to get excited about. Across the aisle, cp3 shot 49%/40%.

We won because our role players stepped up. Theirs didn't.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Paul rebuilt himself and went vegan. I don’t see Harden going vegan or deciding to lay off the late nights partying with rappers and going to strip clubs.

we will see. Harden has got by on natural talent for so long. That one year where he showed up in shape he won MVP and it was obvious why. It was because his conditioning was the best in his career. Harden needs to take fitness more seriously if he ever wants to bounce back.

PolarBear, Deckard and Slyonebluejay like this.