1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

brotherhood and fellowship are routinely experienced in the D&D, there are never any screeds that whine or pissing contests or dumping on opposing opinions. It is like the model U.N.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

@Plowman I like you as a member and am not being contentious when I ask, who are the JGOF's? I can certainly name the people who were posting pure hatred for Green as a 19 year old rookie.

I'm certainly not a Green only fan and have been a fan of the Rockets for 20+ years. For me, the post-Harden era is about finding multiple guys to build around. Hopefully we find THE guy. For me, Green potentially is that guy.

I speak for myself here, how I root for the Rockets players are different now than when we are competing for a ring. I'll use Wood and Westbrook as examples:

CP3 was one of my favorite players before, during, and after we traded him. Westbrook was one of my least favorite players of all time. But, when he put on that Rockets red, I rooted hard for him. We needed the best version of Westbrook in order to win a ring.

Wood, I wanted him during the off season we acquired him because I thought he'd fit great next to Harden. The moment we went into full rebuild mode and selected our 2021 picks, it was harder for me to root for him. Why? I sincerely believed he was getting in the way of the development of Green. Why would I root for a guy I believe is hindering the development of who I believe could be a star? Does that mean I'm less of a fan? I personally dont think so. I want what's best for our team and to me that is developing the players that have the highest upside while accumulating morenhigh ceiling guys. Wood having a 'good' game meant nothing to me if it was at the expense of developing our future.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

remember when plowman was an insider?

pepperidge farms remembers

4. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure calling people "g*oks" didn't help his cause.

Roomba, jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You’ll eat crow once Ricky laces em up for the Rockets next year. (Sorry Plow, it was just hanging there)

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

blue_eyed_devil and Jontro like this.
  7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JGOFs gone wild!
    [​IMG]
    "We love you Jalen! Look at his hair!"

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure this guy is a JGOF, and if it's names you want, his name is Seabass Perez

Streaker avatar.png

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Great post. Its been quite the adventure. In my opinion you have to be the one willing to drive the change you seek. Its too easy to 'nope out' and let this place devolve. A good portion of fans have tried to hold the high ground and maintain civility - some of us like myself pushed to the edge when bigotry becomes a fad around here. It has been a proud moment for me as a fan to toe the line and be rewarded. The toxic avengers relegated to other wastelands.

ClutchFans is THE Rocket authority and ground zero for fans - its up to the members to keep it that way. Rebuilds are messy. Everyone ultimately wants the same thing - championships and with that everyone has a preferred method of reaching that goal. Too much pride and too many egos were thrust into the equation and created the mosh pit you describe. Jalen Green will unite Rocket Nation again. Winning cures all, but I fully expect another Royal Rumble on draft night! Stick around man! This place needs sensibility and fresh perspectives now more than ever.

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  10. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

So those of us with a brain that understands a 19yr old rookie that struggles in his first 2 months of playing professional ball on the biggest stage doesn't represent the player's entire career is now a JGOF? Give me a break. I seriously think some of y'all are bored to death and need to strum up unpopular takes so someone would entertain you (well congrats, you did it.) Jalen is a cornerstone of our organization. Real Rockets fans will always root for those that have "Houston" in front of their jersey ... even CWood. The only true JGOF is that Jalen Green Only Fan guy and he's not even here anymore. Anyways quit gatekeeping the way fans enjoy the game. Some of us enjoy cheering for specific players, some of us enjoy cheering for a team. It's just an effing game. You're bored OP. Go find something productive to do

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's my whole point. For the most part, there shouldn't be any ___ fans. We're here because we're Houston Rockets fans. There's going to naturally be a smattering. But, there seems to be an inordinate amount of agendas that run counterintuitive to what's in the best interest of this team, and perhaps more importantly for our board. We WERE in fact a quaint medieval village. But, larger societal changes have manifested themselves here exponentially over the years.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We prefer CHOFs

13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody should be that excited about any individual player on the worst team in the league.

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Imagine trying to "restore peace" on a basketball message forum by creating a thread like this.

No one asked for my .02 but I'll give it any way since this is a public message board:

There's a very clear distinction with what we saw during Jeremy Lin's tenure here vs what we are supposedly seeing with Green. The former player brought in "fans" that weren't even Rockets fans before Lin's arrival--they migrated from his time with the Knicks to following him here. They were indeed a very vocal bunch with delusions that a player like Lin could have carried an entire NBA team because of what happened during Linsanity. IIRC they even questioned whether or not Harden was getting in the way of Lin when 99.8% of the world saw who was the better player the moment Harden put on his Rockets jersey against the Pistons in his first game for Houston. They cared more about Lin's numbers than the success of the team.

On the flip side, Green supporters--the diehard ones that are apparently labeled as JGOFs, cultists, whatever you want to call them--were most likely Rockets fans that wanted to support the rookie was selected with the highest pick since Yao....I don't see any harm in that. Sure the most hardcore of supporters were a bit defensive when Mobley and Barnes were excelling but that's because the "I told you so" crowd couldn't wait to get off on the fact that Green was playing really bad at the beginning and that "their guy" (Mobley, Barnes, etc.) was doing well. But, as most would expect given the history of rookie shooting guards' learning curve in the NBA, Green started to play better as time went on and enthusiasm increased. I'd argue that these supporters DO care about both the success of Green and this team, which is a stark contrast to the LOFs that invaded this board years ago.

If we are to label these supporters are JGOFs then what are we to label the ones who were so eager to write off a 19 year old because they were so eager to orgasm at the thought of being right on a basketball message board? Don't they deserve a label too?

15. BonziWellsGOAT

That's were I fall in to all of this tbh. Im a dude thats excited about our number 2 pick and the potential outcomes that come w it. I've been a Rockets fan since I was 7 or 8 so that's about 21 years. I've been on this board for almost a decade and I've been labeled a JGOF. It's crazy to me that Rockets fans are being attacked for defending our new rookie from non basketball related bs and then being excited about our teams number 2 ****ing pick after he puts it together. Especially after such a terrible season. I love this place but some people in here lost their grip on reality a long time ago.

#95 BonziWellsGOAT, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I’m a JGOF since 89

ratio’d by dancing rookies

only thing no skill Evan Mobley does is run around and dunk. Jalen clears

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are we talking about a team that mostly plays 19-21 year olds?

i3artow i3aller and treyk3 like this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It’s hysterical that any one would expect rookies in year 1 of a rebuild to come in and make this a playoff team.

fchowd0311 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not attacking anyone for defending their guy. I'm calling into question the disingenuous/oblivious nature of some who carry that passion over to tearing down another potentially great player....and, more importantly...the team.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Imagine streaking with that equipment.

Embarrassing AF.

cmoak1982 likes this.