1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking to purchase a stationary bike.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Mar 23, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I need to replace my recumbent bike with a stationary bike, It has served me pretty well but it's falling apart and I get some hellish chaffing on my tailbone which causes a sore, so I am looking for an upright.

I am looking on Amazon and the prices are pretty good would like to stay under 400 which seems to be a good price for a middle-of-the-road bike, don't really need a lot of technology just a basic screen that has some different programs.

Sunny seems to have some good reviews and some variety.

Anything I should be looking for, magnetic or chain?

Any ideas on extra seat cushioning or shorts that I should use, the upright bikes can cause some irritation as well.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Make sure you get the model with the fist that punches you when you get tired and try to sit.

[​IMG]

I’m interested in this thread too. My wife wants a storable stationary bike.

famicom, Squirtle, ROCKSS and 3 others like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We all know you got that Peloton money.

Xerobull likes this.
  4. Xerobull

I’m frugal, bruh, and my wife is low maintenance. Just cause I have the cash doesn’t mean I make it rain at every ho stop.

Squirtle, boomboom and jiggyfly like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm no exercise bike expert, and only need it to last and be able to ride it, but, I got this one because I had a nice gift card to use at Nebraska Furniture Mart : https://www.schwinnfitness.com/ic4/100873.html

I bought it back around February 2020 and ride it daily. It's held up well. No issues yet.

That Sole looks like a great deal for the previous year's model (not sure what the differences are). Sole makes good equipment. I know Sunny is also popular, but don't know as much about them. Back when I bought, I remember comparing all 3, but since I had to use the gift card, I decided to go with Schwinn because that's the only brand I saw that I really liked at NFM where I could use the gift card.

I don't really use any apps except a free app that has connectivity with the bike and it's only for "whatever" purposes. I don't really need an app and didn't want to pay another montly fee for it. No, I'm not a serious rider. I just ride the thing daily, get off of it, and go about my business. lol.

BTW, if you're looking at the Schwinn IC4, it's the same thing as the Bowflex C6. Schwinn, Bowflex, Nautilus... all the same company. Sometimes you may get a free mat or something with one of them, so look out for that if that influences your decision with the IC4 vs. C6.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Just get a truck and drive around neighborhoods on big trash day.

ROCKSS and Xerobull like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

They are made out of paper.

mikol13 likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Dream job.

10. Xerobull

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I like the Sole but don't know if I want to ride a spin bike every day and I do want at least a pulse monitor on the bike and riding programs would be nice.

What did you learn about the Sunny bikes, they seem to have what I want and not priced bad.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I got your mom this one
    [​IMG]

Two Sandwiches, B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They all pretty much had good ratings from what I recall, but for the same price point, from what I remember the Schwinn allowed me to connect to free apps if I wanted to (or pay, if I wanted to)/Bluetooth and had a heavier flywheel. I can't remember if there really was anything else.

I was actually looking at Sunny, Sole, and Schwinn/Bowflex back then and bang-for-the-buck I thought the Sunny may have been better if you didn't care as much about the stuff I just mentioned, but I had that gift card I needed to spend within a month or so, so I went with the Schwinn.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thanks.

Do you have a spin or upright type of bike?

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's technically a spin bike. This is the model : https://www.schwinnfitness.com/ic4/100873.html
    The only thing I upgraded on it was I bought a cheap gel seat cover for the seat. After years of sitting on my butt at work and back surgery, the seat felt like I was sitting on concrete, so the gel cover helped with that. It's a popular "upgrade". lol.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I bought this one a few weeks ago to replace a crappy one I’ve had for a couple of years. It’s sturdy and smooth. You can rig it to run with the peloton app but I’m not all that interested in a spin class. I’s but it again. There’s various bikes in this price range and they’re probably all similar, I’d just recommend magnetic resistance. The other kind feels like pedaling with your hand on the brakes.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I have a Peloton. Been collecting way too much dust.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've got a NordicTrack recumbent bike that I f-ing hate. Note to F*CKWAD NORDICTRACK, YOUR SEAT IS SO HARD I BLEED OUT OF MY ASS WHEN I RIDE IT! THANKS, NORDICTRACK! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE COMFORTABLE YOU SONS OF b****ES! I WOULD LIKE TO MEET THE MF-ER AT YOUR COMPANY WHO GREENLIGHTED THIS SEAT THAT IS ABOUT AS HARD AS CONCRETE AND GIVE HIM A SPANKING WITH IT! F-ING ASSH*LES! WORST SEAT EVAH!

I guess I could try this gel cover for ANOTHER $50! WANKERS @ NORDICTRACK! STILL HATE YOUR BIKE! IT'S THE DEVIL! D-E-V-I-L

DEVIL!

[​IMG]

#18 Surfguy, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    Squirtle, Xerobull and jiggyfly like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

unsolicited testimonial ladies and gentlemen

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Actually, it was solicited by me when I started this thread.;)

Xerobull likes this.