1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Rockets screw this season up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 22, 2022.

?

Will the Rockets screw this season up by winning too many games?

1. Yes, Clutch is right--the danger is real.

50 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No. While Clutch is still right, dropping out of the bottom three would be no big deal.

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Meh, you win some and you lose some.

8 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Christian Wood was the ultimate tank commander until he forgot his job description.

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. These next ten games are gonna tell us a lot about these Houston Rockets.

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. These next ten games are gonna tell us a lot about next year's Houston Rockets.

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. I'm still a proponent of "Play like shet for Chet"

21 vote(s)
    25.6%
  8. Screw the wins, play the kids, and hope the losing continues. Sit EGO and Wood.

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  9. wait a minute, Os T filled in all the poll options himself. That little devil.

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  10. Other

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Unless I'm missing something, the difference between 3rd and 4th is 40% top 3, versus 35% top 3.

That's a pretty slim difference to be concerned about even in the unlikely scenario this group suddenly starts winning. The falloff from my top 3 players is pretty big, so whether we pick 4th or 6th isn't a huge concern.

2. i3artow i3aller

Believe people are concerned w/ sliding down into the 6-8 slots.

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We had to comeback from a 23 point deficit to win against the Wizards. I'm confident we have what it takes to lose the games we need to for the rest of the season.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, in fairness, it's clear Silas was at least trying to tank last night. There is no other way to explain the fact Josh Christopher only played 7 minutes. That is definitely not significant minutes.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Damn I completely missed that they actually won the game last night even though I watched most of the game lol.

Reeko and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

not even worried. the rox will beat these scrub teams. build good chemistry and momentum into summer and next season

DeBeards likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

As a long lived Rockets fan, Clutch has honed in his senses of when we get screwed...a spidey sense of when BBall Gods get capped by the Silver Disney Illuminati...

No worry is unjustified with this team.

When I saw the box score the yesterday's game, I was like, why didn't you fuggin do that before the trade deadline???

Nelly likes this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

when is the draft lottery

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wait wut?

So it does not matter if Green or Sengun leads us to victory, but if anybody else does that's a problem?

This makes no sense, either you are wanting to lose or you are not.

10. i3artow i3aller

It makes total sense. Winning late w/ the young guns getting valuable experience is one thing however it's a different story altogether if those wins were to occur by trotting out players that will not be part of Houston's future.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

exactly. it was no fun watching Christian Wood score 39 points last night, but if Sengun had scored 29 and we'd won, everyone would be ecstatic. big difference

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It makes zero sense adding a couple of WGAS wins at the end of this season is not going to do anything for these guys that just playing well to end the season will.

None of this is going to carry over once these guys are ready to be contenders.

Do you really think a couple of more wins means more than having a chance to draft any of the big 4 over lesser talent?

My point remains if these wins are so vital to there development why should it matter if Wood play well which was really my point.

How does that make sense?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why?

Do we want to win or do we justy want Sengun to score a lot of points?

It makes zero difference at all and the point was do we want to win or not?

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know how it doesn't make sense. In one scenario, our young guys show us they're even better than we think and we can feel good about the fact that they are coming along in their development and we'll have reason to be more optimistic about our future. And they're getting experience winning games and boosting their confidence. In the other, we're hurting our draft pick position for what?

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Orlando won tonight. They play the Thunder tomorrow so one of those teams is forced to get a W. Everybody needs to chill.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Winning a WGAS game late in the season does not show anybody anything about these young guys, it shows that they can have a good game at the end of the year when teams have given up.

So either you think playing well in a win is more important no matter who has a good game (C Wood) or it does not matter either way, do you think Green playing well in loses does not mean anything to his development?

Either these guys are goingto be good players or they are not winning a couple of games in this terrible season is not going to change that.

Do you think 5 more wins this year is going to help these guys or the team better than picking a more talented guy in next years draft?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Somebody food poison Wood tomorrow.

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Doubt it.

At the moment, Rockets are professional tankers.

They've got this even with Doncic, Lillard, Sabonis and others out.
    Eric Gordon/Wood and Schroder know what to do.

DeBeards and i3artow i3aller like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just want to humble brag that I called the danger out last week:

DeBeards and Os Trigonum like this.