1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A New Hope: Kamala Harris

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 11, 2016.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the scary truth!

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Fer seriously? I mean, she's not a great public speaker, but you'd rather burn the country down than have her as president? Does that make sense? If I believed every bad thing ever said about her, she'd still be the lesser of two evils.

Anyway, if it looks like Biden won't run in 2024 and that Kamala Harris will be a weak candidate, you can expect other hopeful Dems will smell blood in the water and will challenge her in the primary. And if she really is weak, someone else will get the candidacy. So I wouldn't worry too much.

joshuaao, ROCKSS, mtbrays and 4 others like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Sanders camp quietly pushes Khanna presidential bid - POLITICO

"Top figures from Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign are privately encouraging Ro Khanna to run for president in 2024 if Joe Biden doesn’t seek a second term, giving the California congressman an important stamp of approval from progressives as the party looks to its post-Biden future."

I've generally been impressed by Ro Khanna, though I doubt he runs in 2024. He may try to a Senate seat. Very progressive, but his generally conciliatory tone could be appealing to moderates / independents.

joshuaao likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The fact that I don't recognize that name doesn't bode well for his (?) presidential chances.

Invisible Fan and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'd probably just sit it out and watch the country burn but as you stated this is unlikely to happen, she won't be the candidate in 2024...I hope.

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The answer is Andrew Yang imo

tinman likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yang left the democrats and started his own party

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

i think in 2024 , whoever wants to win will be trying to bring him in. ...or not , i really have no clue

Trump needs to find a VP , Dems need to find a VP and P . Trump might not win R , but , he prolly will .

10. tinman

Supporting Member

https://www.forwardparty.com/
    Our Goals

While other political parties look to divide America into different camps, the Forward Party aims to bring them together. We welcome both conservatives and liberals, independents and libertarians - anyone who is interested in solving the problems that are currently plaguing our country and is willing to debate ideas in good faith.

We will support candidates for office who align with our core principles so that we can reform the system and make it more responsive to the American people. This means that we will support Republicans, Democrats, and Independents - as well as candidates identifying themselves as Forward Party members.

We will also work with organizations that are promoting democracy reform in order to promote policies such as ranked-choice voting, nonpartisan & open primaries, and easier ballot access for third parties.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How about a Khanna/Yang ticket?

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I haven't had a good impression of Yang's managing skills, let alone practical running exp since his presidential campaign run.

He just seems like a sunny VC deadbeat with a few good messages/lessons that are impactful to Americans.

I'd rather him hunger for a cabinet spot that addresses his platform than run for an office with nukes and everything else thrown in between

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I like Yang but he’s never the answer to anything yet in politics. He’s found some catchy things to grab attention but those things he uses to get attention decrease his relevance greatly.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Also he's really into crypto? Hard pass for me but some people like that ****.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

pray for Biden's health

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big water. Ocean water.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good point. I've never considered the significance of the passage of time. Now, at her urging to pay attention to the significance of the passage of time, I believe I will actually pay attention to the significance of the passage of time. Although I won't get to it until tomorrow at the earliest . . . but that should highlight the significance of the passage of time when the time comes for me to consider the significance of the passage of time.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Yang is significantly smarter than Kamala

i'm also sure he can beat Kamala in a math test and that's if you gave Kamala a calculator
    @Os Trigonum
    @MojoMan

Yang > Kamala

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Kamala Harris hate is strange. I don't like her. I did support her run for California Senator and liked her as work for the state of California, mostly.

Once she ran for President and got some attention, my opinion of her dropped. But I don't hate her or fear her.

It seems her biggest fault is that she acted overly concerned about issues she had a smaller concern about. She didn't handle media attention that well and got carried away.

But pretending to be more passionate and emotionally involved in subjects than the politician truly feels is par for the course.

Male politicians do it all the time and don't get half the backlash if they get any at all.

She is competent although not exceptional. She's brave. She's been tasked with the toughest issues around. Immigration at our southern border, meeting with Eastern European nations and there was a post about a strange giggle that she had.

Like I said, I don't love her or think she's particularly great, but I do feel she's getting unfair criticism.