1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grizzlies announcers FLAMES KPJ after this play!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 21, 2022.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. I knew you'd be the one to dig this out of a thread. :D

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He's somehow managed to make the T-Mac Toronto game look like an on-court miscommunication by comparison.

4. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Why do we always get the punks geez

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Cut him. Seriously.

It’d be good for the culture of the team to see that these repeated antics won’t be tolerated.

Rockets need some maturity and discipline. And they are just asking for trouble by allowing KPJ to keep pulling this crap and not facing any real consequences.

Dude’s a ticking time bomb.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I want to see him with a REAL coach - first....no need to over react, this season is done.....

But I want to see a coach that won't put up with his Bullshit.

DD

topfive, BallSoHarden, hajkov and 2 others like this.
  7. my time to shine

KPJ isn’t a professional

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If you want to see him with a real coach then you don’t want to see him Because real coaches and organizations get rid of guys like this….

…just like he has been gotten rid of in the past

You think any of the good coaches in the league are putting up with this guy doing this crap? Yeah right. They would get rid of guys for doing less.

#8 xtruroyaltyx, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

KPJ trying to ruin his career.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lots of good coaches find ways to get the most out of talented players who struggle emotionally - there have been many superstars that were babies when they were this age.......some flame out, for sure....

I just think Silas and his lack of accountability are just as much of the problem.

DD

raining threes, dawesome and ashleyem like this.
  11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Yeah, this is one more data point over the course of two seasons that suggests Silas needs to be replaced. I want a coach that will give the team an identity, be that an offensive scheme, defensive effort, discipline, or whatever. Just stand for something. Wasted potential is the biggest waste of all and another year of Silas and crew will push us further towards wasting the potential of this team. Pro sports are littered with athletes who never met their potential because of bad coaching and bad front offices. Time to get serious.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’m trying to think of the superstars in the league today who have done the things KPJ has done and I’m drawing a blank.

Also, if we’re talking high draft picks, yeah they’ll get more rope….but they’ve not invested much into KPJ from an assets standpoint.

They’ve already punished him for leaving the arena. He’s been gotten rid of by other teams for his behavior.

I don’t think silas is a good coach, but there’s only two players pulling this kind of crap and both of them have had issues in more than one place.

Blaming the coach is exactly the lack of accountability that is being spoken of.

you have all the other guys out there who play for the same coach. Nwaba barely plays but when he does he busts his ass. JC lost minutes when Schroeder came in and didn’t leave at half time or pull this crap. Kj should probably play more. He busts his ass when he’s in. Everyone else plays hard pretty much all the time.

Personal accountability is the best kind of accountability. We shouldn’t need a caretaker for guys with loose screws.

No coach can make KPJ make smart decisions he is an adult albeit a young one. Maybe KPJ gets it down the road. Maybe cutting him is the wake up call that makes him get it together. Maybe he came to the rockets a few stops too early.

But bringing in a new coach that meshes better with KPJ is the exact opposite of accountability. It’s time to cut bait. Perhaps part of improving the culture of the team is getting rid of the bad seeds?

payaso, duluth111222, aaquaa and 9 others like this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

You know what you are absolutely right. I was getting ready to post that we need to get rid of him and how much I hate saying that bc I think he can be a really good player.
    Silas wasn't hired to coach this team and nor do I think he would have been hired of this was the team when he interviewed. What the rockets need is a coach kind of like lovie smith. Someone who has been around the block, has success and is someone the players trust and respect.

hakeem94 and DaDakota like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

as i've said... talented - but damaged goods... move on...

15. PeppermintCandy

Pretty obvious that the guy has some anger issues. There are times when he just completely loses focus out there.

Some team might still see the potential in him as a sixth man and the Rockets can get back something in a trade in the off-season. I'm beginning to have my doubts, though.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Also real coaches don't work for Houston.

aaquaa, Yung-T and fckbandwagons like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Does JBB count?

jacoby likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no when stuff like this happens you just love them more... and get some more of the top picks

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol they flamed wood also(what are we watching!?) and entire rockets team not just KPJ...lolololol
    THANK YOU grizzlies announcers!

Squirtle, hajkov, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Good effort by some and miserable by others. Sengun and Dennis put in the work. Tate always does. It is funny that KPJ and Wood sync their diva moments. Whats up with that?