1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 3/20/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Someone with a stick
    Needs to run on the floor and hit Wood
    In the hands for every step by three

Rocket River

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It was a total roster effort on both ends of the floor -- all but Nix had a negative +/- impact. I don't know that I've ever seen that before.

DeBeards and don grahamleone like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I was flying back from Utah, but I looked at the box score, and it looks like our guards sucked, and the only one who had a decent game was KMJ?

DD

sirjesse likes this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

We are really far into the season. Both Porter & Wood are unstable and will quickly quit and make scenes lowering their trade value if corrected in a traditional manner. Here is the real question are either one of them truly trade assets? How much are they worth? (I think Wood plays to contract. Porter plays above his.)

Ride out the rest of the year or blow the house up? That is where we are.

Riding out the rest of the season is the wiser way to go. The few games left are not going to make a huge difference.

Garuba should be the focus even over Sengun => do we really know what we have in him?

PeterKingX likes this.
  5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Hey guys guess what?

While we've been in a pissy mood all day about the Rockets game and watching NCAA games the Magic lost! They have 19 wins now. The Thunder out-tanked them today.

Best sports news all day.

fryjol7 likes this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

If Green got drafted to a better situation, he'd definitely be in the lead for ROTY imo. If he swapped places with Kuminga, Kuminga would be worse with us, responding poorly at times on court to what's happening, and would develop bad habits, while Green would be scoring much more nightly, more comfortable with his role and taking on more responsibilities, and hitting big shots in big games while having fun on the court and connecting with Kerr. I freaking hate the GSW, but their culture is just different and ours is much closer to perennial losers like the Magic/Thunder than it is to them.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The Magic won - I know it is easy to confuse the language because a loss is a win and vice Versa.

BACK IN LAST or FIRST.....or, well worst!

DD

fryjol7 and Jontro like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Box Score doesn't tell the whole story.. KPJ almost evacuated to Katy mid game again. showing real block head energy.

DeBeards and i3artow i3aller like this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I would invent an excuse to sit KPJ. Play up the ankle injury and say he needs rest so he's not playing every game going forward. Play Wood 20-some mins and prioritize Sengun getting in the game. I think that's all you can do right now, but in the offseason, I honestly think you have to seriously consider moving on from both. Wood should be a slam dunk trade because he's in his last year of his contract and he's going to want to get paid. KPJ is hopefully still a tradeable asset and right now I'm inclined to move on from him.

Jontro, jdjd and fattz like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. add to that, how level headed Green is in the face of all these disastrous personalities on the team. Jalen would def be amazing somewhere with a better coach and teammates.

B-Bob, DeBeards, Jontro and 6 others like this.
  11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

We are not taking Ivey, no more ****ING GUARDS !!

DD

Jontro likes this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I wish he would but I have no positive expectations with Silas. However with Jalen Green I do.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Love that podcast. The episode gets even more interesting afterwards, so if you have time, keep watching. He goes on to talk about the smartest players in the league. I love listening to players doing podcasts like this.

hakeem94 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  14. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Omg! @DaDakota secret meeting with Jazz braintrust!:eek:

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Hah, my youngest son goes to college at the U, he represents the Rox up there......and it is great to visit and get in a little skiing and boarding time.

DD

sirjesse likes this.
  16. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

Kpj Show us that He is a good weather player. He lost the game solo. I like sometimes to watch Himmel but He cant play serious. This guy made last weeks some good games but if He is mental out you can let him the Rest of the game on the bench.

jdjd and Jontro like this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So the only highlight of this game is KPJ lost temper and left the game again? Lol

DeBeards, hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Actually he wouldn't leave the game - to be concise.

:)

I am so sick of Stephen Silas - he is the worst coach this organization has ever had, he has ZERO control over this team, no rules, no accountability, and no ability to lead.

I thought Kevin McHale was bad.......this is worse.

DD

fryjol7, PeterKingX and Jontro like this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You really think idiot KPJ will be the reason that the rockets don’t draft Ivey? Lol. I predicted it months ago, KPj is done here. The experiment is over. They will cut him if they have to. He is not part of the rockets future.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No, but I think Nix deserves a shot, he is bigger and is a better passer than Ivey.....I want to see Nix playing the last 10 as at least the backup.

DD