1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Okay Kanye… have fun.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Bill Cosby raped over 50 women and R Kelly had a compound where he pissed on underaged women and women he brainwashed.

Use your damn head.

RHU525, cmoak1982 and Htown Legend like this.
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Best I've seen all day

vince likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I don't know if that was coincidence or purposeful, but the truth has been laid bare for all to see. Deshaun did have full autonomy over where he allowed himself to be traded. Watson's NTC cost us. Not a ton, but enough to hurt.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He’ll be suspended 6 to 8 games

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Jussie is half jewish. That was his get out of jail free card. Like Weinstein

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This is exactly my point. Caserio let Cleveland into the room even though other teams reportedly had better offers on the table. He had already denied the Colts, no reason he shouldn't have denied Cleveland if their offer wasn't on par with the others. If DW4 demands to talk to Cleveland, which I don't know why he would outside of knowing they'd re-work his contract, then Caserio should dictate the terms. As you stated, there was a buy-in and that was apparently enough for Caserio, which sucks IMO.

DonnyMost likes this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

what? lol.

Why would he deny the Browns’ request? They met the 3 - 1st buy-in. Caserio was getting 4 teams bidding in Watson. What happened was the degree of contract re-work that Watson’s agent was requesting. No-one thought a team would agree to that. 3 didn’t, 1 desperate team did.

The contract re-work was not a thing until after Watson met with teams. Watson’s team held that back. The Browns heard about it after they were eliminated and the Panthers were dropped because of the refusal to re-work. Watson had no intention of going to Browns until the Saints, Panthers, and Falcons all refused to re-work the contract to the degree Watson wanted. The Browns got desperate because of Mayfield’s trade request. There was nothing Caserio could do after that. Watson’s agent was counting on one desperate team and they got it with the Browns.

The Falcons thought they were the team a d were negotiating to trade Matt Ryan.

Once $80 million more was on the table, Watson was going to wait the Texans out. Caserio wanted this over and needed to move on. With the other 3 teams out, his leverage was gone and took the deal to move the Texans forward.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Hope Cleveland doesn’t keep mayfield until Watson’s suspension is up. If they don’t have mayfield who is their placeholder? Watson is sure to get at least a six game suspension if not more. With a crap backup and no receivers of note, Cleveland could be really bad and all of a sudden the return we got looks much better.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston legend Case Keenum

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Although I dont think hardenvolumeone is going about it the right way during this convo, between the lines there's a lot of truth to what he's been saying about the diverse relationship Blacks have with liberals. Many Blacks feel we're just used as pawns for these folks but thats an entirely different DD conversation

Nook likes this.
  14. vince

vince Member

I wonder if the NFL took notice how Cleveland structured the contract, it's a big FU to the commissioner and the impending suspension. Wouldn't it be funny if the league office took notice and suspended him for more than one season.

Shark44 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  15. a time to chill

Nah, Cleveland is finally doing the right thing as a franchise. Cleveland will now trade Mayfield to recoup some of the first-round picks they gave up for Watson. So they essentially got Watson for very little. This is why Caserio should've demanded Mayfield in the trade. Even if they were sold on Davis Mills being the starter, they could've traded Mayfield for even more picks to add to their draft capital.

Both David Mugheleta and Browns GM Andrew Berry ran train on Caserio yesterday.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I can understand that, and there may even be truth to it. I’ll just say I don’t think liberals want to turn black men gay.

BigM likes this.
  17. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

No one knows what the other offers were. All we have is speculation and "sources" that have proven to be mostly bunk. Maybe Caserio will talk about the other offers today.

But I seriously doubt the Falcons were going to do 3 1s, 2 2s, Terrell and Lindstrom that was us getting getting greedy. I doubt Carolina was going to do 3 1s, 2 2s, Burns and Chinn...again us getting greedy.

Like Scarface said 3 1s was the price of admission. Cleveland met that price and now everyone can move on.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Doubt it. It's always F Houston at the end.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. conquistador#11

That will be around 2.2 million and he will be getting richer and rides off on a bike
    [​IMG]

solid likes this.