1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

5 picks in the top 80. I could definitely see Nick trading back from either 3 or 13 and acquiring more. This team is going to be infused with young, cheap, controllable talent. I’m glad the Deshaun BS is over with. How Nick drafts over the next 2 years will define the next 10 years of this franchise.

He didn’t give Deshaun the NTC, he didn’t cause Deshaun to do whatever the hell he did to those 22 women, he DID make the trade- we can sit here and argue about whether he could’ve gotten more or whatever, but behind closed doors we have no idea about the circumstances and details behind those negotiations.

I can guarantee you that Cal wanted to cut Deshaun as soon as the allegations came out about Deshaun. Nick stood firm and while he didn’t get exactly what many wanted to get, including myself, we have 2 first round picks over the next 3 years. We have cap space and will be players in FA moving forward. If Mills’ progresses like we hope- we will be in a really good position.

It’s going to be alright

tc0330, hieuytran, ROXRAN and 6 others like this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not saying he was, but he was a nobody and Deshaun doubled his offense output. So surely he can make Njoku a much better player.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s only the second time in NFL history, and the first time in over 30 years, that a trade brought back 3 FRPs. So Kudos to Caserio for setting that goal and being able to pull it off. I’m disappointed that he wasn’t able to get more, but his hands were tied in a lot of ways. I would have preferred to get the deal that Seattle got. And you have to assume that had Denver wanted Watson, they would have called the Texans with that deal as well. We don’t know if they did or didn’t, but it’s wrong to assume that every team would have wanted him. Many of them had no desire to add him to their team. Caserio got dealt a bad hand, and I think he’s made the best of it. We will now get to judge him on what he does with his first real draft.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get us the best offensive linemen you can!!!

6. Landry's Tooth

I can tell you if i was an nfl team and Deshaun's people wanted the money he got i would lower my trade offer...

I think most of the assumptions on trade value were based on no additional money to him...

theDude and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Every single thing this team ever does is a disappointment. It never changes. This organization is absolutely cursed.

DonkeyMagic, Nook, Ottomaton and 3 others like this.
  8. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Wouldn't surprise me he took the offer that gave him the most money because no player with a NTC would willingly decide Cleveland over Miami/NYC.

Not going to fault the Texans too hard because Watson did absolutely have control of his destination.

9. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Screw Deshaun, screw his agent, screw his skanky girlfriend. Cleveland is where quarterbacks careers go to die, I just hope that trend continues. No matter what he says from this point on he never wanted to go to Cleveland, I hope he is miserable. Just sign Correa and I will be happy, good riddance to bad rubbish, go coogs...

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. a time to chill

Real talk. Caserio gives the worst interviews. The man's a bum. Also, he tells lies.

Nook, Fulgore and J.R. like this.
  12. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If there’s a team that’s more snakebit than the Texans, it’s the Browns. If this thing is going to end in disaster, the Browns are the team for it to happen to.

Hank McDowell and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. a time to chill

14. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Watson and his agent are laughing in Goodells face with the way they restructured his contract. Goodell is as petty as they come, I hope he realizes that they are trying to be slick and decides to give Deshaun an even a bigger penalty then what he originally had in mind. Suspend Deshaun until every single allegation is resolved, if one of the ladies wants to hold out, oh well tough luck buddy.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sorry deb, but Mahomes also got drafted into the perfect situation.
    Watson got BoB.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

To all you so called Watson haters, watch how well he does when he doesn't have an organization constantly out to get him.
    The Texans will never win anything without Watson.

Fulgore likes this.
  19. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

Don't let that comment come back to you for real

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Weird you'd bring that up, the only thing Watson loves more than sexual assault is his guy BOB.

Watson is the reason BOB was able to grab so much power in the franchise.

Watson and BOB were by far the worst thing to ever happen to the Texans. It's a relief to have both of them gone.