1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2022 Nets pick thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. verysimplejason

Except you don't really have a ball handler/PG. I really doubt KPJ's or anybody in this team can do it. That's where you'll use the 2nd draft pick. Of course you can also trade directly for a capable PG, but who?

2. verysimplejason

It's about the 2022 NBA draft picks that Rockets have. Why not discuss who's the best pick?

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, likely our first pick is going to be used on a big. But that Nets pick may be used on another ball handler. They may also try to extend Schroeder if they can get him at the right price.

verysimplejason likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Call me crazy (and this post probably needs to be in random trades) but I would get a feeler on what it would cost to get Dejounte Murray. No way in hell am I giving up our top pick this year if it's in the top 5. But San Antonio is primed to get at least a top 10 pick this year and a pick in the teens via Toronto. I'd ship them Wood, Tate, Brooklyn's pick (~15), and Brooklyn's 2024 pick for Murray. That gives San Antonio another pick in this year's draft to rebuild upon, two bigs that can come in and start pretty much immediately for them and a potentially good pick in 2024. We get back a legit two-way point guard in Murray (25 years old) to pair with Green in the backcourt, hand the keys over to KPJ to run the show as our 6th man, open up a front court spot for Sengun to pair up with, potentially, Smith/Holmgren/Banchero.

5. conquistador#11

I like and applaud the creativity but there is no way KPJ is a 6th man.

Sengun
    Chet
    KPJ
    Green
    Murray

is the best I can do, all 5 can facilitate

6. steddinotayto

I wouldn't mind that.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Someone send Kyrie new YouTube conspiracy videos. Need them below .500.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tell him the basketball is flat and should be shot like a frisbee. :D

9. alethios

alethios Member

Tell him the basketball is treated with a Covid vaccine.

Easy and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Probably because there are threads dedicated to that. Not to mention every thread in here seems to become a Chet/Banchero/Smith/Ivey thread. And it's the same opinions over and over -- I think some of these guys are their agents. :D Lastly, do you expect to get any of the top 3 with the Brooklyn pick? I ask because that's what this thread is about.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Murray would fit so well. Id give up 2024 Nets pick+Bucks Pick+Nets 2022+Garuba for him in a heartbeat.

12. csc177

csc177 Member

Chet scares me....the rockets drafting big men (minus the Dream) scares me. Dont know how long his body will hold up - not even sure how much weight his frame can hold.

groovemachine likes this.
  13. csc177

csc177 Member

This would break KPJs mental state. Us leaving/giving up on him for a dude also from Seattle with a similar (yet more refined) game. Hate to see it - but i'd welcome it with open arms

Amel likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

Either he's in or out. If KPJ's ego can't handle the fact that someone better came in and took his job then that's on him. If Houston wants to be more proactive on that front then ship him and Wood out with the picks for Murray. Popovich gets a new player to mentor and Porter will have a new opportunity to prove himself. We get a fantastic two-way player in the back court to pair with Green for the next 5-7+ years.

csc177 and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think you make those kind of trades next offseason. Maximize next seasons pick then improvement trades are all on on the table.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That sig quote my guy:

[​IMG]

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets don't win the lottery, I expect the Rockets will try to package Nets pick (and maybe something else) to move up to get Chet, Smith, Ivey, or Griffin.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Banchero does have some finishing issues that make me worry but both he and Smith take a lot of jumpers outside of the restricted area, especially Smith.

I actually think it will get easier because of the spacing Banchero runs into a lot of traffic when he drives to the basket.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The revisionist history is amazing.

Talk about a high ass. LOL.

mikenm268 and Plowman like this.
  20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

He's had some poor showings against good teams as well, all reasons he could fall to 3rd or even 4th pick. Getting our PG with Ivey and a big like Kessler with the Brooklyn pick might pay higher dividends than gambling on Chet.