1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 3/2/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, 11 in a row.

[​IMG]

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I can understand why people say this. But then I look at the box score and see 12 assists and I'm like, huh.

D-rock and DaDakota like this.
  3. Rockets4Life13

I mean he could definitely do a Garry Bird and throw one up there the second he gets the ball but this is not very JG-like. Fact is, he was trying to get loose off ball but KPJ was very focused on getting his shot and so was Wood.
    JG had very few touches (everyone other than KPJ and Wood did) in OT.
    You can say that this was on KPJ or on Silas, i don't really care. But I don't think this was on JG. He was definitely trying to get the ball, he just wasn't getting it.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

5. Cutty312

Cutty312 Member

John Lucas in post-game interview:
    "This game literally gave me a heart attack... Fertitta should highkey put me as head coach instead of that twig."

i3artow i3aller, D-rock and Salvy like this.
  6. The geth & the reaper

That’s the part that’s annoying me. A lot of his points (probably most) came with the flow of the offense. If we force feed him and act like he’s a go to guy he’ll just end up bricking the shot or with a to. Right now he’s a much better off ball player than on the ball.

This was mostly about the coaching than the players being “selfish”. Both green and the coaching need to find a way to get him an open shot.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

external-content.duckduckgo-2.gif

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree he needs to be more selfish. It isn't anyone on this current team Green needs to be deferring to especially if he has the hot hand. Silas has some major issues with setting direction to the team though and when you see a player has the hot hand, if the team isn't recognizing it he needs to give them a nudge, draw up some plays, etc. Green is the main hope along with Sengun of this franchise at the current moment but other players appear to be higher on the totem pole for shots, etc.

D-rock likes this.
  9. 34to11

34to11 Member

You mean aside from the turnovers, the poor foul shooting, and getting roasted by Mitchell?

But seriously, it is good to see him healthy and for the team's sake I look forward to when they move him to a more natural role.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

If you have the ball 90% of the time you going to rack up the assist … KMJ and Green and Wood shot well = assist ….He doesn’t make the game easy for others

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

That makes no sense. Green is showing himself to be a highly efficient player who takes smart shots and looks to get the ball to the open man as much as he does for his own shot.

Well, heck, we shouldn't pass him the ball more cause then he'll just brick them!

WTF.

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He had 2 the very first shot of OT and essentially the last shot of OT

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U can say KPJ doesn't have the flashy passes or the ability to make dem passes that elevates the offense.
    He can makes the simple passes, but when defense tightens up. It becomes really obvious that he lacks the experience/ability to lead an offense as pg.

that's just my take.

His job as the pg is also harder with a Big that refuses to do his job as a big man.

34to11 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Nice game mostly, they just weren’t disciplined enough to win it. The effort was there at least. They have to get better fundamentally. Wood can’t be the worst free throw shooter in the whole entire NBA and expect to win close games. They just have to improve on the basics. Fun game, but so frustrating.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean the 12 assists, clutch scoring, and solid defense. Of course I'm sure you knew that.

Honestly if you want him to move to a "natural position", he'd be at the SG.....and still be the primary ball handler. Is that really what you want? You ready to give up on Jalen Green already? He had a really good game tonight, maybe don't give up on him yet.

D-rock likes this.
  18. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Never thought of it that way but that might be very true.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. vator

vator Member

It’s not even about Jalen Green’s shots. It’s touches and involvement in the offense. He manages to get his shots, but lack of involvement gets you out of rhythm. He barely touched the ball the entire 1st quarter, 3rd quarter, and overtime. That is a problem.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That wasn't whining about Green not getting enough shot attempts. I'm sure you know the difference.

I'd have looked to Green to take the last shot too, but it worked out differently.