1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. riko

riko Member

Look at harden doubling thybulles offensive production in 2 games with his playmaking.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think it's the fact that it didn't take long for Harden to ingratiate himself with the team. I'm sure many expected it would take more than 2 games for Harden to look completely comfortable playing with a new team and alongside a dominant big man.

But through 2 games, it's as if Harden has been playing with this Philly roster all season. Now he makes Embiid's life easier and opens up opportunities for Maxey, Thybulle, Harris and every other player on that roster.

By relieving the offensive pressure, everyone now has more energy and motivation to play defense, which is reflected in the overall numbers.

3. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. xaos

xaos Member

Harden really going to win multiple runs in Philly with Morey

D-rock, fckbandwagons and BigShasta like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

is that westbrick? oh its both

fckbandwagons and Rocket River like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao, Bron with the complete and utter disrespect

Rocket River and i3artow i3aller like this.
  7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Man I'm so torn because the 76ers are my 2nd team after Houston. Hard to root for Harden after all the years of seeing him up close but it's about the team. Let's see if he can turn it around it in the playoffs. History has shown he disappears but each year it gets a little better but not remotely close to getting over that hump. Embid should be able to get them over the top as long as Harden plays even 75% of his regular season self.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Crazy how Harden/Morey failed in Houston but will succeed in Philly. Sad as a Rockets fan

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Do you guys think the sixers are better than the 2017-2018 rockets?

I feel like the nets are their only real competition and they are basically a worse iteration of the warriors

Rocket River likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think the 17/18 team was all time good but was highly dependent on its top 2 guys. One of our guys got hurt and an even more all time team was also in existence.

This Philly team looks really good so far but hard to say if they will for sure dominate the rest of the season like the 17/18 team did for an entire year. They definitely could and there’s no all time teams at the moment so their path is easier. We will see.

I believe Phoenix, Philly, Brooklyn and Milwaukee are the top contenders now(assuming health) and currently I don’t think one is a clear favorite.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i’m not sure philly has the depth to win a title this year. niang and millsap should not be rotation players. green might wake up a few games in the playoffs but looks cooked otherwise. tobias having a disappointing season. after a summer revamp they’d be my favorites in ‘23 though

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Starting five? I'd say it's a toss up. Defensively, that lineup of 17/18 Ariza, Tucker and Paul was an absolute menace and Capela was more than capable in the front court. Offensively, I'd have to give it to the Sixers starting five if this version of Harden holds. As a team, 17/18 Rockets had more depth.

Gordon
    Mbah Moute when he didn't have his arm hanging from his shoulder
    Nene
    A locked in Gerald Green

vs

Niang
    Overrated Danny Green
    Millsap
    Milton

Philly's not going to have any real answer for KD because no one really does. I think between Thybulle can at least slow down Kyrie. The beauty of the Harden/Simmons trade is that Philly can just hide James on Simmons all game long. Maxey is more than capable of defending Curry. Embiid can just camp out in the paint all game because Drummond and Claxton are non-factors on the offensive end. Unless Simmons comes back this year and all of a sudden has a want to score/shoot the Nets are going to play 4 on 5 on the offensive end in the postseason.

13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I will forever hate Kevin Durant because he really did waste 3 years of everyone's time. That Rockets team was an all timer. Could probably win in any other era except that stacked deck Warriors. That said though, this Philly team is really really good. Probably not as much talent and built up chemistry yet as those Rockets teams but the talent fit is really smooth.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

couldn't happen to two more worthy fellas.

D-rock and xaos like this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

POTUS weighs in:

D-rock likes this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I can't think of any current team at the moment that's better than the full 2017-2018 rockets.

We have that thing down so cold on defense and offense. The only weakness that team has is lack of size, so like a 2 big line up would kinda wreck Capela inside. But we would stretch them out with our spacing.

D-rock likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Harden really needs to lay off the bean burritos

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No. Nothing will ever be better than that team. Stupid hammy.

hakeem94 likes this.