1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE how Christian Wood plays basketball.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roomba, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I doubt it has anything to do with him not practicing FT’s. It’s totally in his head now. Why not give him a try at SF and let Sengun be the starting center. But wait, it might work and we would screw ourselves for top 5. Never mind.

juanm34 likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I understand why a chick would leave him on draft night. Talks confidently but inwardly he's a diva level b!tch. He's not a guy you can consistently depend on. He really wants to pad stats but he has to add strength to his frame to consistently to that.

aaquaa likes this.
  3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Lol that is the perfect definition for him

4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I actually would be ok with trading Gary bird also if I get the right deal. Would be awesome if we could flip something like a Gordon for a 1st and use that first along with Brooklyn's first l, add wood and Matthews for a Zion

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Somehow this is the guy that’s preventing me seeing more Sengun.

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich, Roomba and 5 others like this.
  6. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

[​IMG]
    Single-digit BBIQ combined with mindless self-confidence.
    Fugly too.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I've been saying this for a while now. He's not a Center. He plays better when he's on the perimeter, due to his body type. Plus he guards well on the perimeter too, so why not put him out there.

Because he is being out muscled, he looks out of place at times.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

He plays best offense when he is a 5, best defense when he is not. I can't wait to trade him;.

Roomba and Dobbizzle like this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Zion wants New York. Do that deal for someone you know doesn’t have their heart already set on a specific destination

eliefor3 likes this.
  10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Legitimate laughter ensued after reading this Tweet because I’ve been wondering this all season long. If he can’t guard centers he’s not a damn center to me. He’s a PF. And if he’s not as effective on offense as a PF too damn bad. Get him out of here. This man offers no basket protection or rim deterrence whatsoever and is constantly out of proper guarding position because of a lack of awareness and poor defensive instincts.

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich, Roomba and 3 others like this.
  11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

It's not just his defense though. He has such a terrible attitude on the court. Everytime he's in the post he calls for the ball really aggressively. Actually everytime he's remotely open (even when he's not) he starts clapping his hands or waving them around demanding the ball. How do you play offense with a guy who is doing that almost every possession? It's ridiculous.

Roomba, Dobbizzle and eliefor3 like this.
  12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Didn't know that. You are right, I am tired of having players that don't want to be here

Dobbizzle likes this.
  13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Exactly. I’m just not sure what you do with that. He’s a good scorer, and if he would hit his free throws he could be a very good scorer as a stretch 5, but he’s not strong enough to defend anyone inside. I think his game needs to evolve. I know he wants to be a center, but he’s just too much of a liability there. He’s not a 3 or a 4, but he’s going to need to learn how to adapt and become one if he can’t get stronger, and I just don’t think his body type is going to let him do it. The dude is legit one of the most frustrating players I’ve ever watched.

Roomba and clos4life like this.
  14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Wood has to be gone before next season starts……
    He should of been gone at the trade deadline but Stoney crapped his pants this year…

BigMaloe, slothy420, Roomba and 2 others like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He actually looks like he ain't 45 years old in this.

[​IMG]

hajkov and Roomba like this.
  16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i was worried we were going to win a few games and not get a top 3 pick but then i remembered we had christian wood on the team.

jcmoon, Roomba, juanm34 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

He needs to box out

CriscoKidd likes this.
  18. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Starting Wood at the 5 and then having Tate guard all the 5s... curious if Wood is embarrassed by that? (he should be)

Easily Top 5 least favorite Rockets to watch all time

19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

At this point he’s my top 1...surpassing this year’s iteration of Danuel House.

When he was playing with Harden, and even before his ankle sprain last year, Wood was fun to watch. Or maybe I just hadn’t caught on to how much of a negative he really is and was just fascinated with a shiny new player. But it’s clear that Wood is all flash and no substance. No fun to play with or to watch play. And ****, even his flash has lost its luster to me.

If we don’t get rid of him this off-season, or if we make a draft pick based on the fit with Wood, I would be apoplectic

20. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

To come along with the same stupid face, both are also delusional about their importance on their teams.