1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE how Christian Wood plays basketball.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roomba, Feb 17, 2022.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Saw Wood play against the Clippers the other week. Was not impressed. He was taking ill advised shots, needs to bulk up if he wants to challenge inside. Tate was better.

hajkov and aaquaa like this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Our GM needs to seriously go to work in the offseason.

Christian Wood has obviously run his course with the team and is actually more of a detriment than a plus for this young team. I can understand if there wasn’t a good enough deal at the deadline, but we can’t go into next year with Wood on the roster

We have 5 shooting guards/combo guards: KPJ, Christopher, Green, Mathews, Gordon. We need to move Gordon, and we need to find a way to get Christopher more minutes if we decide to continue rolling with KPJ.

And we need to find our PG. I personally don’t mind if we continue to lose games next year, but it’s clear our team development will be better off if we lock down a real point guard. Whether that’s resigning Schroeder or trading for that guy, or Nix, or even drafting someone, we need to address the PG position this offseason.

so I just hope Stone actually understands there’s a lot of adjustments that need to be made.

Richie_Rich, Bo6, eliefor3 and 7 others like this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Point guard is not the problem. Defense is the problem and it is because we have no rim protection and a lousy defensive coach. When Green is not in the lineup, Our offense is rated around 10th in the league. KPJ is a good scoring PG and is outstanding on defense. If Green grows into a really good offfensive player and average defensive player our backcourt is set. We need BIGS and wings with length, not guards. Sheeeesh.

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

So more like Dumb Dwight with less talent.

split41, REEKO_HTOWN and aaquaa like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wood and "strength" just don't belong in the same sentence, no matter how the word is used. "Abilities"?

aaquaa likes this.
  6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Roomba likes this.
  7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Today against the Magic was exactly why I’m so tired of him. 20/10 stat line but getting outmuscled by everyone and their mom, stopping the ball and taking bad shots, poor communication and body language.

What the **** is this?

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

But he had 21 and 11 and made two 3 pointers!

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wood is like the best worst player I have ever seen

steddinotayto, Bo6, vator and 3 others like this.
  10. WestendMassive

What is this *******'s trade value? I just can't imagine any GM giving up something good for this guy

Bo6 likes this.
  11. vator

vator Contributing Member

12. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Rockets will lose out the season.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Also isn’t it sad that when the Magic only had Wendell Carter on, Tate was forced to guard him because Wood wouldn’t/couldn’t take on the challenge?

jdjd, cerophilik and aaquaa like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Tonight likely locked up the 3rd worst record and at the worst 7th pick.

It’s going to be a race to the finish for the worst record. I would much prefer to have the 5th pick being the lowest the Rockets could drop.

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

We are SO close to locking in a top 5 pick. We will have one of Holmgren, Smith, Banchero, Ivey or Griffin.

We shut John Wall down for the season, we should do the same with Gordon very soon.

clutchdabear, Bo6 and peleincubus like this.
  16. conquistador#11

Let's experiment with Wood at the SF to finish off the season.
    Nothing to lose.
    The frustrating thing is he has the tools to be so much better on defense.
    He is missing the effort and excellence in Van Gundy's "Energy, Effort and Excellence" philosophy.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big high-5 to Christian Wood AND Dennis Schroder today! Really saved us and got us even closer to securing a top 5 or even a top 4 pick!

Keep this up guys! Wood, keep missing those free throws and getting blocked (but not so much that you hurt your trade value). And Schroder - keep jacking off those treys baby! Shoot shoot shoot shoot 3 pointers. You got the green light!

jacoby and aaquaa like this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I mentioned this in the game thread. He’s a 5, but he needs to evolve into something else because I don’t think you can win with him as your center. He has the skill to play SF if he was willing to evolve, but I’m not sure that he will ever do that. It’s so frustrating because he has the talent to do so much more than he does now. He could be great if he really truly wanted it. He says he does, but his inexcusable free throw shooting tells me otherwise. I’m afraid he’s too lazy and complacent to put in the work it’s going to take to get there.

conquistador#11 and Roomba like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

How does this dude go 3-13 from the free throw line? His jumper is not that low quality, it makes no sense. He oughta be ashamed of himself

jdjd, aaquaa, Hank McDowell and 3 others like this.
  20. i3artow i3aller