1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. conquistador#11

I used to say comrade Putin could park missiles in comrade AMLO's back yard or Venezuela's or Cuba's or numerous central American countries. Basically all the countries guys like Ted Cruz and trader jorge bash have a very soft spot for Putin. interesting how these people are very inconsistent with their "values", siding with Putin. Trump would just have given Putin the green light, perfect phone calls and all

Newlin and deb4rockets like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Bless the children. Screw putin

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, that son of a b*tch traitor sat back and watched hundreds storm the Capitol threatening to kill his own Vice President. His own country!! He is a coward and a traitor. He loves Putin more than our President. That's sick and disturbing

cdastros, joshuaao, SamFisher and 5 others like this.
  4. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I expect to hear 'leaks" in the very near future from the Pentagon regarding US military plans against both of those countries. Military wants a victory after Afghanistan and to puff out their chest towards Russia.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You choose to play the fool, Trader_ J, for your own reasons. I hope it brings you pleasure. I would hate to think that your meaningless “noise” has any other intent, because that would imply that you aren’t just playing.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It's disgusting really. They only care about their stocks and bank accounts. No patriotism whatsoever. Traitors.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

You must take the low road and insult me because you can't argue with my valid points. I'm sorry that you are mad. Learn from your mistakes -- it will lead to personal growth.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It's scary how different so many Americans are now. No sense of loyalty to the values we used to believe in. There was a time when everyone came together in times of trouble. I am so disturbed right now. I am so sick of these horrible leaders like Putin. I pray this doesn't escalate into a world war. Then you get guys like this poking fun and blaming Americans. Sick

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Shut up you fool! You are so ridiculous you sicken me. Go move to Russia and lick Putin's boots like Trump and live in an oppressed life with no freedom or democracy. The blame is on nobody but Putin. Man you disgust me you commie.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is simply false and reflects a lack of knowledge of the energy markets.

Prices have spiked because of two things - one the pandemic created a lot of uncertainty which causes wild fluctuations in many commodities, not just oil. Oil prices are highly speculative as anyone with marginal understanding of commodities markets understands. Secondly, prices have spiked over 30% recently since Dec. If you think that has nothing to do with Russia's invasion buildup you can act that way even though Russia supplies about 1/3 of the energy needs of Europe. Finally, it takes times for other oil produces to ramp up production now that oil prices are hovering back up near $100. Remember that OPEC intentionally smashed prices to put US producers out of business. Well that oil hasn't gone anywhere and if prices stay at elevated prices you are going to see a return to fracking.

AleksandarN likes this.
  11. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

The same fracking that many Democrats are trying to ban? The same oil & gas companies that Democrats are pressuring asset managers to not fund? It is simply impossible to not acknowledge that Democrats' policies have led to higher oil prices. It's obvious and a direct linkage.

12. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Flagged and reported for abusive language and malicious intent. Be better.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Blame Putin! If you blame America you are not worthy of being called an American. America isn't invading Ukraine!

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Some are speculating the Putin is doing this because he is sick, and this is like a last hurrah on his legacy.....

DD

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You are an American who loves Putin. Truth hurts.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That's right, but Democrats, no matter how much you hate them, are not the reason fracking declined in this country. That happened when OPEC decided to put them out of business - not the environmentalist as much as you'd like to rewrite the story. Frankly, I think we need to go beyond oil because of climate change, but I still invest based on what makes money. As soon as Russia started its buildup in Nov, I put a bit into the energy markets and have done rather well for myself in that sector. Looks like you missed out.

Better luck next time. Good Day!

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I'd just liked someone on your side to answer this question.

Other than sucking Putins pipe, what would Trump have done?

18. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Acted crazy enough that generals would have called Moscow to assure them he isn't going to launch nukes???

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. HTM

HTM Member

Well, it will be hard for him to operate in the international community again the rest of his life.