1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol Mobley folks pick and choose what they want to see from green. U note that folks r disappointed even further after the dunk contest but those same folks disregard the rising star performance cause it's just an "exhibition game".

Fact stand it's been like this from the very beginning. Mobley folks don't like green and nitpick every fking thing about green to express their displeasure on why we drafted green instead of mobley.

Dd's shut up and play thread and plenty other have criticize his looks, his immaturity. We have a sht ton of threads and posts shtting on him, where honestly folks repeat the same bs when most honestly just box score watch. Note some folks were calling him a bust within 10 games.

Folks acting like Mobley is Luka like and we fked up by drafting bagley aka green

#4241 DatRocketFan, Feb 22, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then I guess it was wise to not have bet on either one.

Betting on Mobley would have generated more returns in the short run though.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This thread is suddenly navigable and inspiring once you block out the vile, jealous and hateful "fans". My ignore list is pretty impressive now thanks to this thread. It was long overdue. Looking forward to great debate moving further without that energy.

Is Jalen Green the most polarizing rookie in the NBA? Easily and thats a great thing. No such thing as bad publicity. His rookie game performance showed how his contemporaries gravitated to his lead. He brought that team back from a deficit almost single handedly and what happened? Ben Simmons and the gloom and doomers here mocked him for taking a stepback for the win (of which he was fouled) and then they just ignore the fact that Suggs and Giddey bricked free throws that could have won the game? Too funny.

Its been a pretty crazy storyline for a rookie - cant remember another who has been held to this type of standard, but thats good. Its going to make the ascension so much sweeter for those who truly supported him!

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When feeble minded people block everyone who disagrees with them, all they do is remove themselves from the conversation and everyone benefits.

So good on you realizing that you shouldn't have a say in the discussion and retreating to a safe space of cultists. You've done us all a favor.

GotGame15, CXbby and BigggReddd like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol you are just too much. So incredibly lame

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

I bet some of the people upset that he flashed some cash are living paycheck to paycheck and will wait until Friday's paycheck to buy a 6 pack and a pokemon action figure

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It seems like a combination of social media posts and dunk contest fiasco has gotten the anti-Green crowd all up in a tussle while ignoring the actual entire month of play by Green. Very convenient.

So will it offend those posters if I just remind them of his scoring and efficiency this month on a large sample of games?

This entire all-star weekend really shows that those posters truly have an agenda outside of rooting for the Houston Rockets. Ignore that he scored 3/5ths of his team's pts in the rising stars game or his marked improved play over the past entire month. Let's harp on a social media post and him missing dunk attempts in a dunk contest.

Dobbizzle and Verbal Christ like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His one month stats of 13 points per game on 36% shooting overall, 32% from 3 and a TS% of 49% and an eFG% of 44% is actually lower than his stats for the season for the most part. The 3 point shooting is slightly better, but everything else was worse....and he's still a -15 for the team when on the court compared to being off the court.....by far the worst on the team. That's not in game +/-, that's his effect to the offensive rating and defensive rating of the team when he's on the court. He basically makes everyone significantly worse.

So, maybe it would be better to simply say he had a few decent games.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Any prediction that says he will be better than any of the other top picks will result in those guys feeling the uncontrollable urge to say at least one thing they don’t like about him and/or you.

In their warped view they see it as balance, as though they are the reasonable ones as though Green never developing is a reasonably likely outcome. I guess people in the extreme fringes are always like that in life.

10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Bruhh I'm driving a Lambo and living on a 28K Sq foot mansion in the Metaverse. Slanging Donkey NFT's. I am all for his peasant moves.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was actually funny, I give you a thumbs up, the Pokemon Go was pretty fly in 2016, Bieber and other stars were actually playing it.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's just stop the Kobe comparisons already.

The negative connotations outweigh the positives imo.

And these unrealistic expectations do not help Green at all.

xaos likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No thanks.

Feel free to apply it to yourself though. Don't worry, nothing we do affects Green, and if it ever gets to him I'm 1000000000000% sure it's better for him to hear he's going to be great than to hear he just might be great. This is true in life in general.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You really can't expect much from the Jalen Green über alles crowd.

Let them keep it up, it'll make it funnier later when they try to walk it back.

15. i3artow i3aller

He has a Mamba-like mentality, which makes sense as former NBA star Kobe Bryant is someone he's watched closely of late.

“We’re built kind of the same," he said of Kobe. "He’s well-rounded, explosive at the basket, killer instinct—I think I’ve got that for sure." - Josh Christopher

Mathloom likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

Flashing dolla dolla bills is not my style. 'If you flaunt it, you must not juant it.' - Dmx
    Cardi B talkin' bout having sex over piles of cash. I'm like homegirl, Enrique done been done that. Y'all want to impress me, swim in a pool of cash like a McDuck.
    Add Mario Williams to the list.
    The only criticisms I take seriously are the ones about team building. Was shooting guard the way to go? I've always been about the center which is why I leaned Mobley before draft day, little did I know Sengun would be available past 5. In the end I'm happy with all the picks. Sengun would be putting up better numbers than tall #4 as a starter with seasoned pgs.
    Since Garland came up: Rookie year 12pts on 12 shots. sophmore year 17 points on 15 shots. Third year: All star. oh my progression what a concept.

Verbal Christ and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Can't wait for your eventual thread of "I told u so! We should have drafted mobley."

Then u Mobley mob can ego stroke each other all u want

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats fair. Your subjective opinion on whats tasteful in our modern day in terms of flashing cash isnt indicative of some sort of character issue with Jalen Green specifically. Young guys come across money they've never had and they want to live out their best life. More power to them. I would assume most people would feel a huge relief if money problems were never going to be an issue again. I'd probably advise Green to be extra careful and smart with his newfound bag and invest it wisely, but its his money at the end of the day and he earned it honestly.

Houston needed help all across the board. Fit or roster construct wasnt an issue with either player for this team or any rookie in the top 10 probably. Stone chose Green thats really all there is to it. Mobley declining workouts and rumors he didnt want to be here probably didnt help things, but Mobleys totem felt CLE was better for his development and they were right. Cavs were set to make a leap with or without Mobley. I dont believe Mobley would have been able to shine in the same way here because we are developing multiple players at once and there is a lot of flux and turmoil that comes with that. Mobley isnt a guy who you can just give the ball to and tell him "go get buckets". He needs some competent guard play to put him in situations to be successful. He's not a very good 3 point shooter and his handle and ISO ability is still in its infancy, but his defense is top notch PLUS he isnt a finished product either. Context matters when trying to compare these guys. I think Mobley will have a great career in quite the same way that I think Green will have a great career, but Im ok with waiting YEARS to make that determination. Thats how these things go.

Im ecstatic with Sengun too. He brings a very refined skill set to the team and high IQ that will mesh well with the hyper athletes here as they all develop together. JC has shown he belongs. Maybe Garuba even pans out?? All the guys needing an ego boost in 2022 are being short sighted. I think all Rocket fans will be content in a few years, but problem is that too many have to feel vindicated that their incidental opinion was somehow validated in year 1. THAT is where most of the disconnect comes from. P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

One of either KPJ or Green will be traded before they reach their potential - just like Levine.

I don't believe Tillman will wait ....

DD