1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox and Green - Put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 20, 2022.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I guess it's a better title than:

Be Born Into a Wealthy Powerful Family! Hard Business Truths That Are More Essential Than Anything You Do.

aaquaa, BHannes2BHonest, BigM and 2 others like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Personally I would give him the first half of his sophomore year.

You are right, it is not looking bright.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Worse, he was born into a wealthy crime family.

DD

aaquaa and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  4. conquistador#11

This is good critiquing, essential and acceptable. It's not hating. But was there a Lebron or Timmy in this draft. Remember that Timmy was having 21/11 on 15 shot attempts from the get go.
    Other than Giddey, who are these rookies that keep improving at a fast rate? Have you not seen some of the numbers put up by Barnes and Mobley(not counting the cone he faced against the Rockets) just in the month of Feb.

If You're 7ft, you should be able to get off a boat's couch and grab 8 boards, and feast on the weakside after Jarett turns them away. Green easily got past Mobley when their stud defender was in foul trouble. That's some of the potential Rafael & co had to have seen. Cade plays great defense? I'm just going to fly right by him and get a T after doing so.

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  5. BonziWellsGOAT

Watch basketball then get back to me.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think Suggs has improved dramatically since the season started, he was awful at the beginning.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Green homies are talking about scoring numbers only.

Barnes and Mobley had hit the rookie wall but it is not the end of days, they played well the first 2 or 3 months.

They have been part of winning games more than KPJ or Green.

The difference is Barnes and Mobley's teams are better situated than the Rockets. In almost every way.

What is so different here than on other boards?

You make fun of Cade, Mobley and other fans make fun of Green.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. HardenVolumeOne

crazy to think we could have had jarrett allen and evan mobley easily, if our owner wasnt so cheap and wasnt enamored by freak athleticism and the potential dollar signs he saw when he told stone to draft jalen green

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Imagine having Harden then pairing him with Enes Kanter.

That's what our GM is doing with Jalen Green and Wood. Green is so mediocre on defense, he needs to be surrounded by 4 other players who cover that part of his weakness. Pairing him with Wood is just inviting other teams to score freely in the paint.

That said, we could've been what the Cavs are this year if we just kept Allen and drafted Mobley ourselves.

fattz, aaquaa and DaDakota like this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

Rockets would've won too much w/ Allen to have gotten Mobley. That's not a real scenario so I suppose it is fair to say that it's crazy to think that.

#51 i3artow i3aller, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    xaos and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

To me it looks like all he cares is if he looks cute or not

aaquaa and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Post of the year honors

14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I agree that Booker is way better than those other guys but even Booker as he is now is not the real star of the team. If you think about the team as a ship, CP3 is the engine and the heart of the team and Booker is more of like the main cannon/weapon of the ship. IMO, when it comes to team building, the former should be prioritized first. Though, like the other poster who commented on my post said, there wasn't really a super elite prospect in that last draft so I can kinda live with it. On the other hand, if, let's say, they cloned rookie Booker and kept him in cryostasis till this year and that clone was going to be in this next draft, I'd still rather take a shot at Jabari or Chet even if you told me that the clone was guaranteed to develop exactly how the real Booker did.

I just don't think that pure scoring wings are that important to the game anymore. You said something about superstar SGs, well I'd argue that there isn't a single superstar SG anymore. Hasn't been one since Kobe and Wade. Booker and Mitchell are good but will they be the best players on a championship team? None of the best players in the league are these pure scorers anymore. They're either ultraversitile bigs or primary play makers. Looking to add a scorer though the draft is fine but it's better left to the late lottery like where Booker and Mitchell were taken than in the top 5 where you want a total franchise changer.

daywalker02, eliefor3 and DaDakota like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmaaoooo…I can’t breathe

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Can someone mod that and put Green's face!

palmsnbananas likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

This x100. Brilliant on Green and his agent’s part to scam themselves to as high as the #2 pick, kid is set for life, good for him. Abject failure on the organization’s part. Good news is the same clueless management will have another crack at it very soon…great.

tycoonchip likes this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

This the same clueless management that drafted Sengun?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

how big is @i3artow i3aller's hard drive? my goodness..

i3artow i3aller likes this.