1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox and Green - Put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

A sports psychologist? Really? -_-

some of y’all gotta be trolling in order to get some engagement

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I thought the OP was banned for the EG appreciation thread??

Should have at least cost him his thread starting abilities ....

3. a time to chill

100% agree. My hope is that Sengun develops or that we don't get screwed in the draft lotto and can get either Smith or Holmgren. Silas said it himself that the team needs to get bigger. We need bigs, not small guards.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^All talk^

*No Action"

xaos, BigShasta, Blurr#7 and 10 others like this.
  5. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

What's wrong about Steph's personality? No mention of Jimmy?

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Rockets need to promote what it takes to win games and not individual awards.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I understand your point, but historically, especially through Morey, the organization has attempted to build through trades and acquistions. Rarely has the Rockets had a high draft pick. Thus far, it looks they have blown the one on Green. Can he get better, yes. But, seriously, are you seeing any indication of an elite player coming out of this pick? In my view, Sengun looks like the one with the most potential upside.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

DaDakota, you come from the gaming industry where they hype so much garbage to get people to pre-pay/pay for games that are utter garbage or never show up. You should be ok with hype! It's what you've been doing for decades, dude! What are you hyping next?

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think missing on Mobley is a bad, bad mistake, but Jalen Green's dunk contest performance means absolutely nothing to me.

darksoul35, Aruba77, DaDakota and 2 others like this.
  10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

amen preach

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree elite players have to work their way to stardom. It is a steep long road ahead.

I think the problem is other rookies, sophomores are improving at a fast rate. They might be ahead. It is also about keep getting ahead of competition.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably showboating but you need to back it up with elite performance.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Absolute correct. Also he was asked a question about if we can expect him to win the dunk contest. Was he supposed to say, "no you can expect me to be eliminated in the first round ?"
    I want a player who says yes you can and I want a player who is constantly working on his game. I like hearing from the team what he is doing to improve him game.

Dobbizzle and BigM like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My son wanted to watch so we did, I should have checked with you first to see if that was ok- lol not!

BTW - hitting on me rather than subject shows you got no substance or argument with my point!

shoot messenger - fail strat 101

If Green is going to keep on chirping he should at least try delivering some of what he says

True, but this is not about me, it is about how best to develop Green, and I think he is heaping too much pressure on himself with all this false bravado.

And, in the games industry, the developers aren't the ones hyping for the most part, that is the publishers.....ie the Rockets......in a like scenario.

Back on TOPIC

I don't care that Green FAILED in the dunk contest - what I don't appreciate is the "I am gonna win" and clearly the dude hadn't prepared much at all or not as much as he probably should have being that he bragged about winning it, all talk - no action.

I dunno, just seems that he should be saying like "I am going to go out there and give it my best, but there are a lot of talented dunkers out there"

Just my .02

DD

#35 DaDakota, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    solid likes this.
  16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

First of all lavine, booker and Beal are not on the same level. Give me booker over those guys any day and I would take booker or a younger Beal over lavine all day.
    Secondly, not every superstar 2 does all those things. Heck even some top pgs are not known to get assists (curry)
    If I can't get a LeBron or a Giannis then imma start my team with a scoring 2 or 3 ( let's face it those are pretty interchangeable)
    Lastly Lakers do suck. 100 percent accurate handle

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I am not sure how to react to this. How much basketball would you say you've watched over the last 10 years? :cool:

18. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao, the CF meltdown is the morons on here that still haven't figured out that we screwed up the #2 pick.

Are you one of the people that needs 3 years to evaluate rookies?

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I must admit this was very funny.

DD