1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox and Green - Put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 20, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

IMHO, the problem with Green is not that he is not progressing he is, the problem is in expectations.

All we hear is...he is always working, he is constantly the hardest worker - like the org is justifying him at every turn, and it makes him look weak.

And Green doesn't help when he talks about winning the dunk contest then goes out there and stinks it up.

He and the org need to shut up, and stop talking about what he will do, and start DOING it, and then letting others comment on what he did.

Green needs to be about it, and not be about speaking about it.

We see his improvement, we see the confidence growing - we can see he has a bit more to do but like the direction he is headed, but enough with justifying him as a pick, or enough of saying you are going to do something if you can't back it up.

Green and the Org's mouths are writing checks the player can't cash.......YET.........

Be about it.......

BE ABOUT IT!

Less talk more action.

DD

PeterKingX, Ramo$e, csc177 and 10 others like this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Perhaps a little humble pie is just what's needed.

aaquaa, GotGame15, tycoonchip and 2 others like this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Is this a social media thing? Do people actually care that he’s created goals for himself? Other than a few people on here who take pleasure in talking **** I just don’t get the sense that anybody even cares. He’s just a rookie on a shitty Rocket’s team. He’s improved every month. Having confidence and putting himself out there isn’t a bad thing, weird that we’d want him to shut up. It’s not like it’s taking away from his work. Who cares if he didn’t end up winning the dunk contest or rookie of the year?

This is in your head and you’re projecting it.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree to an extent. But talk, don't talk, whatever, as long as you turn into Steph Curry's game and not Steph Curry's personality.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Or they can just do it their way rather than tailor everything to your personal character?

Patience, cbass, txtodd and 8 others like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

8. BonziWellsGOAT

Everybody wants players to confident but then **** on them when they have high expectations for themselves. Wtf else if he supposed to say when he is asked those things?

Patience, jacoby, Stephen_A and 7 others like this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Green appears to be at least at this point, a product of modern promotion and PR techniques. It is like he is the product of an advertising company. He is not really good at basketball, but. was made to appear the second coming of Kobe. The Rockets should have done their homework. This is embarrassing. A number two pick should have resulted in a true starter with a high level of skills. To blow this high a pick is a serious failure on the part of Rocket's management.

Slim, GotGame15, D-rock and 8 others like this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Is the gen z generation- "look at me, look at me!". Hadn't done **** yet, but wants all the lime light and celebrate like theyve already accomplished everything.

solid, charlieaustin, aaquaa and 5 others like this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, and you would think he would be humbled by now. The Rockets played their best ball of the season when Green was out. Statistically he’s the worst on the team.

I haven’t given up on the guy, but he needs to understand that he isn’t a star in this league just yet.

aaquaa and GotGame15 like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets Organization always hypes it's players hard.

Harden for MVP
    Eric Gordon for 3-pt Contest
    CP3 for All Star voting
    Westbrook....well for being Westbrook

Mathloom likes this.
  13. BonziWellsGOAT

They already blew the pick?? Damn bro, you've been on this board a long time have you just had your eyes closed all these years? I mean how many rookies struggled that have turned out to be great players? How many of them were scoring guards? This CF meltdown is really something

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Didn't you have the original Dadakota pic?

15. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

It’s not just Jalen Green skeptics who are Rockets fans who kind of roll their eyes about this stuff now. There are Pistons and Cavs fans in this group I’ve seen online among others.

It’s kind of like a lot of folks who get annoyed with Baker Mayfield for being more cocky than they think is warranted.

Ultimately Jalen’s cockiness will be considered charming if he gets the game to back it up though.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

donkeypunch likes this.
  17. VanityHalfBlack

Could barely watch some of them post game interviews he be doing. Why is he whispering? Mumbling left and right, no confidence in his mannerisms whatsoever. Get rid of this guy please.

aaquaa likes this.
  18. DaneB

DaneB Member

100%! I was telling a friend yesterday that it might be good for Jalen to see a sports psychologist if he isn’t already. He is putting all this pressure on himself (i.e. comparing himself to Kobe, proving he should be the first pick, winning the slam dunk contest) but he keeps coming up empty handed. If he can just play his game and not undue pressure on himself, maybe he will perform better? He has the skills obviously, maybe he just needs the mental fortitude?

19. a time to chill

I don't mind the confidence, he just has to produce on the court. I honestly don't get a diva vibe from Green. He knows he's got a lot to prove.

20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Tbh, I think picking a scoring guard at 2 is already blowing the pick. Like even when he's good he just scores. Nowadays the superstars do everything: score, defend, rebound, play make. His optimistic comps of Lavigne, Booker and Beal can't lead a team anywhere. He'd have been a fine pick if we already had a number 1 and he'll be OK if we get one in the future but a modern NBA team hasn't won anything with just a scoring guard as their best player.

#20 lakersuck2, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    Newlin, aaquaa, groovemachine and 3 others like this.