1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Like clockwork.
    It's very telling that nowhere in the article they never mentioned he was rehabbing a hamstring issue over the summer which affected his conditioning.

Or the fact that Kyrie flaked out, which was the real reason harden wanted to get out of there.

RasaqBoi and Nook like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I predict by the end of the season Kyrie and Simmons will have issues because Simmons thinks Kyrie dominates the ball too much.

Maybe if Simmons accepts his role as a Uber utility guy because he has been humbled I don't see things getting better.

If he still refuses to shoot open shots and struggles with FT's come playoff time, nothing changes he will be the weak link and they will get bounced come playoffs.

Who is the primary ball handler on that team now? Who distributes the ball to maximize Kyrie and Durant?

Gonna be real interesting to see how the offense is run and what Simmons actual role is and does he accept it.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you cite examples of KPJ doing this?

When has KPJ collapsed mentally on the basketball court because of pressure?

Nobody called out Simmons on the 6er's, and how is he going to deal with the NY media or die hard basketball fans in NY when or if they get deep in the playoffs?

People are ignoring the fact he is now in NY where the media loves to go after people, can you imagine if he did what he did in last years playoffs playing in NY?

NY Knicks fans are gonna tear him a new one everytime he goes out in public.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Now they're leaking that they might replace Doc Rivers for MDA if he doesn't win it all.

Yeah, make Harden not choke

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

BS, They lost. And they weren’t good enough to get to multiple elimination games vs elite teams. So by your metric they must be losers. As matter of fact every Rocket they didn’t play on the 94-95 championship squads are losers.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree.
    These dudes are full of it.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

But they tried hard and Harden didn’t (he was was Uber athletic and didn’t have to try) ((oh wait he actually isn’t, and is just gets by on skill not effort nor athleticism))

I love those teams the Harden vitriol is hilarious though.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Some folks need to let it go, it’s time for a new era of Rockets basketball

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who are they, and where are you getting this from?

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yahoo.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

link?

So they are Yahoo?

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I think that Durant / Lebron laugh a thon pissed him off, it's better he doesn't show up till after the break.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

For all their hard work
    How many times during the summer did they come back better than the previous season?
    With a new move or skill?

Rocket River

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Or maybe he really has an injured hamstring…

jiggyfly, BigMaloe, ksny15 and 2 others like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

First, "collapse" might not be the best word. Everyone has different ways to manifest the problem. KPJ's way is throwing emotional fits. Need I talk about the well documented incident last month?

Second, I didn't say it had to happen on the basketball court. Do you think behaviors damaging to the team only happen in a game?

Third, I did not say it was about pressure. I said "challenges." It could be any challenges. In Simmons's case, it's mainly the challenge of being told where he needs to improve. He also seems to not dealing very well about missing shots and therefore scared to shoot. KPJ also seems to not dealing well with people showing disrespect to him (like taking his locker room space, being called out at half time team meeting, etc.). I am sure there are other incidents that were not publicized. Cleveland gave up on him. His quitting in the middle of a game could have had him kicked out of the team. I am not sure if "collapse" is the right word. But you should get my point.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I probably shouldn't care at this stage, but the national media haters still annoy me. I'd really like to see him return strong and then for him and Embiid to lead the 76ers to a championship to shut them up.

jiggyfly and ksny15 like this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Not looking good for the Sixers then. Those hamstring issues don't go away during a season. He may be dragging his foot out there during the playoffs. Maybe they need to shut him down for an extended period of time to let it heal, otherwise, will be repeating this again in a few weeks.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You shouldn't do it because it is vengeance against the journalists.

You should do it because you respect Harden that much.

Personally I do not give a hoot.