1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think it is a really good fit. While it would have worked with Harden I don't think their championship odds go away with Simmons, seems like Vegas agrees. They add a lot of defense to a team and still have the offense still on that team. If Durant gets in Durant form and Kyrie can actually play that's a terrifying team to me.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is cool for both, I actually have not watched Joel Troel for 2 years, time to watch the new MVP now.

He is deceptively quick but I worry about the lateral quickness.

#422 daywalker02, Feb 12, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    JayGoogle likes this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

Nah, Harden’s level of quitting is unmatched by ANYBODY

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The same people saying Embiid and Harden won't work are the same people who said the following:
    - CP3 and Harden won't work
    - Westbrook and LeBron is going to be a force to reckon with

They're the same idiots who say Drummond is a HUGE loss, while ignoring the fact he will not be playable whatsoever in the playoffs thanks to his free throws... kind of very similar to Simmons.

Whilst I do agree this trade does benefit the Nets too, this talk that they blatantly won the trade and Morey is an idiot is downright laughable. ZOMG Harris and Curry going to shoot 500 open 3s a game ZOMG!!!!...... I guess we're just going to pretend that Simmons' defender isn't going to completely disregard him in the playoffs, again. B-b-b-b-b-ut he'll be in the post this time!!! Ok.... I understand what you're saying. Let's see if that theory works. (I'm 99.43% sure it ain't in a 7 game series)

It sure is going to be juicy as hell if these teams meet in the playoffs.

James.B.H, HP3, mario_v and 2 others like this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

i dont think james is done evolving as a player, he has a post game that would serve him well now as he ages. he just never uses it. I HOPE AND PRAY that sam cassell or doc rivers can utilize that aspect of harden game. BBallbreakdown did a video with cuttino mobley and he gave the stats that harden in the post produced an open shot literally all the time. He didnt have to dribble 22 seconds and break down the defense. Once harden figures out that as long as he is on the floor he will occupy 2 or 3 defenders that will help him. The step-back 3 was a revolutionary shot, but i feel harden used it too much at times, and he started to neglect a lot of other aspects of his game

here is the video i was mentioning hardens post skills by coach nick

#425 HardenVolumeOne, Feb 12, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he also has midrange game but rarely use it...
    the little i watched him this year his game really suffers because he refuses to take that shot...

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am going out on a limb and say Embiid would be great, I am going to watch him again.

8. Nook

Nook Member

What a biased hit job piece from Ramona Fatburne.

Harden was HURT last year in the playoffs…. He actually played hurt unlike his teammate… and he was recovering in the off season from the injury. He repeatedly has said as much but she conveniently left that out. She really loves the hit job pieces… whatever makes her contacts in LA and NY look better. Not sure how she keeps her job. Maybe they pay her by just letting her get a second time through the ESPN buffet line.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm still extremely frustrated that he played a part in the Westbrook disaster, but I'm fully behind Philly now that our personal interests are no longer tied to his failure. Although if it comes to them and Phoenix...I think I may still be on CP3's side.

jiggyfly, clos4life, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Literally no one was saying this. Most people were like this is an idiotic trade even when it was made.Westbrook can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands.

Cp3 has been good everywhere he has been. He just pisses off his teammates after a few years.

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Lol. Well. That's not true. But ok. I literally googled Lakers get Westbrook reaction and the first Twitter quote is saying how they'll challenge the Nets big 3 (ie they'll be a force to reckon with).

Cool try though I guess.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Simmons' problem is not that he cannot shoot. I don't think people are ignoring the other things he does very well. His problem is that he refuses to shoot and when he gets criticized, he quits. His problem is not in his skills but in his mind. This kind of players are like time bombs that can go off and create big damages.

Our own KPJ is the same (for completely different reasons). These guys cannot process some kinds of challenges in a constructive way. When these challenges arise, as these things inevitably will arise, they collapse. They can be fantastic for a while and then suddenly explode. It's a dangerous thing to rely on these players to be one of the pillars of your team.

Philly was lucky that Harden became available (ironically also because of one of these volatile players in Kyrie Irving). It really looked like they could not get the same value back by trading Simmons.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ideal for him that he landed with the Nyets as KD will take him under his wing and go against all criticism.

Was that the first time with Simmons when he played the Hawks?

KPJ had a history of misdemeanors but he was real young so I would turn a blind eye for now.

JayGoogle and Easy like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Simmons thing is odd contrasted with Westbrook because a lot of people would say "If only Westbrook wouldn't shoot he'd still be a very useful player to have," or something to that affect...but for simmons it is the opposite.

I do agree that Simmons biggest hurdle is his seeming anxiety sometimes of simply playing basketball but this might be the best situation for him because no one on this team is going to call Simmons out for being anxious....well, you never know with Kyrie...but Durant and Mills especially are going to be super supportive of him and despite all the craziness that Kyrie brought to the team the team stuck behind him.

I think Philly handled his mental wrong, I know I mentioned that in that thread when this started and people disagree, that's fine...but people are different and Simmons is not the player you give tough love to. If Simmons passes on that layup same situation for the Nets no way in hell do I imagine Durant even subtly going after him. I imagine Durant getting edgy and aggressive towards the person asking the question and reminding the reporter that it's a team game or something. Durant defends his guys, whether that be Westbrook, Kyrie, whoever.

All that said this is probably the only time a superstar was traded and both teams feel good about the trade.

Easy and B-Bob like this.
  15. VanityHalfBlack

He goin drop 60.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I googled the same thing, and got this.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20...k-traded-lakers-lebron-james-twitter-reaction

One day after the trade occurred and you have an article from SI filled with meme tweets about Westbrook's bad fit with LeBron and AD.

I'm sure there are some diehard Lakers fans out there who, on first glance, liked the trade. Obviously not 100% of people were against the trade. But I'm willing to bet that only a very small minority of people liked the trade at that time.

red5rocket likes this.
  17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've been spelling Embiid with one i.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Simmons and Durant will work.
    Simmons and Irving . .. . . up in the air.
    As much hate as Harden gets . . .as much as people says he won't change his game
    He did more changing that Kyrie
    Esp in Boston

I mean people acting like Kyrie wasn't the reason that Boston's 3 did not work
    Tatum, Brown and Kyrie should have been dominant
    Was Brown or Tatum the problem there??

I am kool with Kyrie and thought him eccentric. . . but dude is more on the Kanye level than I thought

Rocket River

Nook, jiggyfly, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The reality is simple. . . which ever team wins a championship in the next 4 yrs . .. . will love this trade
    If they both do . . . no matter what bad contract is signed. . .. no one will care
    We were MORE THAN HAPPY (well the fans were) to pay CP3 45 million a year if we had won the championship
    Even if had continued to decline . .. NO ONE WOULD HAVE CARED
    If Philly gets a championship in 2 yr
    they will be fine with Harden making 60 Million 4 yrs from now
    (they will b**** of course but would not undo the trade if asked)

Rocket River

red5rocket and JumpMan like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sixers hopeful Harden will play on Tuesday against the Celtics

Wells Fargo Center is gonna be deafening…Harden hasn’t played for a team with a great home environment since OKC