1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dodgers - Cheating Scandal

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Radricky

Radricky Member

Just because his legal team found a way to get out of it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

2. Buck Turgidson

Also: running a drug ring out of the clubhouse and killing a player

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

You forgot one important detail.

F**k Trevor Bauer

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Htown Legend, jjsmooth and marks0223 like this.
  5. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

First, the judge for the restraining order case was a woman. Get your facts straight.

Second, it was an impossible case to prove because the restraining order suit, according to the judge, was "materially misleading". It's hard to win your case when you fail to submit text messages that go against your story, and you completely delete a bunch of others that would be most relevant. Here's a quote from an ABC News story:

"Bauer's team leaned heavily on messages the woman made to friends, many of which were left out of the woman's initial declaration, specifically when she wrote that she had her "hooks in" Bauer and can "get in his head." Holley also pointed to a substantive gap in text messages from May 18 to 28 between the woman and her best friend as well as her Alcoholics Anonymous sponsor"

Its also probably not helpful to winning a case when the only thing that the judge, Bauer's lawyer, and the woman's lawyer can agree on is that the accusing woman has personality and mental stability issues.

6. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

Sure, the courts and police might have failed this woman. But what's been publicly reported suggests that it may not have happened the way the woman alleges.

Bauer has now publicly denied her allegations. If Bauer is lying, I think she probably still has the option to file a civil suit. But I think that opens her up to civil liability as well if her story isn't true.

7. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

This is something that everyone can agree on

Slyonebluejay and Nook like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

You really want to be on the side of defending someone that beat and raped someone?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WOW!

You sure do feel strongly for a guy that likes to beat the **** out women, even if it's consensual.

You also seem to be ignoring the text that she said he went too far and did something while she was unconscious.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

So it was a woman slut shaming her. Sorry I couldn't remember the judge, just that I read the decision then read it to 2 women, and all 3 of us were disgusted by the judge's slut shaming.

rockbox, Slyonebluejay and Nook like this.
  11. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

I wasn't there. Neither were you.

But if you were raped by someone, would you go back for a second time and ask for even more pain? This is what she is stating happened. Maybe she did? And maybe that's why her own lawyer said she's not the most stable person?

Sorry, the story doesn't sound right to me. But hopefully the cops were able to retrieve the texts she deleted right after the second encounter.

12. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

Maybe I missed it. What did the judge say that was slut shaming?

13. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

Bauer very well may be guilty, but he isn't immediately guilty because of an allegation. What world are we living in??? I'd need to see the 10 days of her deleted texts to make a more informed decision.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody is saying he is guilty of this allegation, but I have no sympathy for a guy who needs to beat the **** out of a woman for pleasure.

Especially a guy in his position, he could have gone to a professional if that is how he gets down.

15. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

Your first statement seems like a contradiction to me. If he's not necessarily guilty, then he didn't necessarily beat her as she claims.

And what makes you think she wasn't a professional? Money seems like the most obvious explanation for why a woman, who claims to have been sodomized against her will in April, would go back to the same dude for sex less than a month later.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's not contradictory at all, I just don't understand why you are simping so hard for a guy who gets off beating women.

It would have come out by know if she was a professional, you just seem to want her to be the bad person in all of this for some reason.

More power to you.

JayGoogle and Nook like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I wasn't at a lot of things but I know right from wrong. You don't knock someone out and then rape them.

I don't know if I would go back, I am not a woman and I am not a rape victim.

Whether she is or isn't a stable person really is irrelevant.

Do you think a man that knocks out women and rapes them is a stable person? I don't.

All they have to do is issue a subpoena and they can get her texts. As a lawyer I do it all the damn time.

18. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

Disclaimer: I have not followed the case closely, so if I made a factually incorrect statement, please let me know, and I will gladly eat humble pie.

From what I have heard, he choked her into unconsciousness, and then penetrated her while she was unable to give consent. THIS IS A CRIME. The DA absolutely should prosecute based on this, if nothing else. To me their declining stinks of him being a celebrity and them not wanting to be embarrassed by the possibility of losing in court, since it will be news worthy. There were also reports of her deleting numerous texts. I am sure as part of the investigation, those texts were subpoenaed. Maybe something in them showed she gave consent. Who knows. But if that is the case, prosecute her for lying to the police, which is also a crime. I just get tired of reading about celebrities getting special treatment. I just cannot help wondering what course of action they would take if this was an ordinary person.

In my opinion, Bauer is a sick pervert, and the woman has some serious mental issues also. I will never understand why any man could get sexual satisfaction from hitting a woman, or why any woman would desire to be beaten. But the thing is, it is not for me to say what is okay between two consenting adults in the privacy of their abode. Those of you suggesting it is not okay even if she asked for it, are not some great defender of womanhood. Seems to me that it is just the opposite. What she allows is her decision and her decision alone. Her chosing to return for further encounters was also her decision to make. I do not speak for anyone else, but if a defense attorney attempted to use this as some sort of defense, he just made his case for acquittal much more difficult.

**** me for having to defend Trevor Bauer in any manner. Excuse me while I go scrub myself raw with a brillo pad to get rid of the slime

raining threes and jiggyfly like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Solid.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

A best Bauer is a dude that likes to beat women. At worst, Bauer is a dude that likes to beat women unconscious without their consent. Her being nutjob is immaterial.

Snake Diggit and Buck Turgidson like this.