1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Thread 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Ok? Theis was expendable because we landed a terrific center prospect at 18. I know people are frustrated, but let’s keep things in perspective.

UTSA2step and jcmoon like this.
  2. kiwirocketsfan

I'm happy they brought in a young big if that is what we were trying to do.

I'm even happy keeping Gordon if they decide his leadership is that important.

I know they think Wood is a cornerstone of this franchise. I don't like that, that is my biggest gripe.

B-Bob and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

But his teams were NEVER the worst in NBA or Rockets history.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The draft occurred a couple of days before we got Theis though.

Reeko, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Theis never should have been signed in the first place. (Certainly not for 4 years or even 3+1)

“Well yeah it was a mistake but at least he corrected his mistake.” … Give him no credit, like non.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

All of this costing us Brooks is a kick in the balls. He hasn’t seemed right lately, but we all know he can shoot. Losing him and keeping Gordon hurts. I don’t mind Schroder, in fact I like him, but the peripheral damage to this move can’t be ignored. Like everyone else, I’m pretty disappointed if this is the final outcome. Not good at all.

Tuckankhamun likes this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Probably need to bench Gordon, similar to Wall.

We’re basically in a holding pattern again until the summer.

Tank.
    Get high draft pick again.
    Trade Gordon and Wood in the off-season.
    Probably won’t sign any free agents to keep our powder dry for 2023.

My hope is that the 2022-2023 season is our first non-tank year. Sengun gets to be our full time center and we play lineups that aren’t designed to lose.

KingSamJack likes this.
  8. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I am extremely disappointed In stone, I don't want wood on this roster if we somehow get Chet or Jabari, all the tanking teams around us got worse while we stayed the same, wood and EG need to be benched all season going forward.

CapelaOnlyFan and D-rock like this.
  9. Houston77

Supporting Member

I get that, but the point is Sengun has worked out. You don’t just assume that will happen in free agency.

jcmoon likes this.
  10. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Is that even something to expect. Jury is out on green but as of now it looks like our scouts missed badly. Is there Any reason to expect them to hit now? I know they got guys like Zwicker on staff who are pretty good evaluators of talent.

in general the whole ownership and front office leaves a lot to be desired. Starting with ownership refusing to keep salary on books. How many TF stans have we gotten into it with over why keeping arizas salary was needed to add talent. Now you see why when teams like clippers use dead salary to add on cost controlled players. Then ownership refusal to take long term money in the harden trade cost us guys like Allen who is an Elite rim runner and Levert who just fetched a first and 2 seconds. Ownership hamstrung the harden deal. They could have found other ways to duck the tax.

then look at the incompetence of the front office. We’re trying to rebuild but instead of taking Levert who apparently had more trade interest they went with oladipo. And then offered an extension to him lol. Hell look at the harden deal itself we came out with only 4 guaranteed picks. One of them being a late lotto at best. Contrast that with how morey handled simmons. He took a distressed asset and hung onto him until something presented itself.

lots of growing pains going on in the organization and the only way to success will be dependent on our scouts. Hopefully they’re invested and up to the task.

UTSA2step, harold bingo and D-rock like this.
  11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

It's not just this though. Nwaba re-signing. Trading LeVert for washed and injured Dipo. Trading Dipo for nothing. This team is at too important a time in its rebuild to keep whiffing at crucial moments. Stone is setting us back now, and it's stupid.

Wood by the end of this year will have less value than he does now. Because he cannot start with Sengun and requires too many minutes. Gordon might still be interesting to a team next year, but at some point his minutes have to go down too. What's the plan here for Stone? What's he thinking? This is really, really frustrating

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sitting players only decreases value.

BallaDoc and harold bingo like this.
  13. Houston77

Supporting Member

Or it lands you James Harden.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Stone should have told Harden to stay home until teams upped their offer. Rockets could have tanked last year and still had Harden to trade during the summer. The fact that he didn't wait until the trade deadline even shows he was weak

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has a hot waifu, probably thought about that today.

D-rock likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know we are all mad at Stone, but let's not be unrealistic here, Morey did have Harden to work with.

My hope is that we get a real GM soon though. I wish Tilman Fertitta wasn't so poor and he would actually convince an individual with real relationships and real experience that can get **** done.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can't decrease their value when they already don't have any value.

No one wants Gordon, no one wants Wall, no one wants Wood.

We're stuck with those 3.

The least we can do is make them stay at home so they don't get in the way of the young players developing and accidentally win just enough games to destroy next year's top pick.....which I'm sure Stone will completely waste just like he did last year's top pick.

18. Houston77

Supporting Member

How much more were you expecting for Harden? We got way more than the Nets today.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas deserves huge part of blame.

His system being unable to play 2 bigs together is ridiculous.

BMoney and CriscoKidd like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I am keeping things in perspective.

The Rockets signed Theis to a contract this off season, when they did not really need him. They paid him this season and had to take on multiple garbage players to move Theis.

As for Sengun, we don't know how good he will or will not be. He has a very high IQ and shows promise offensively, but he is bad defensively and would have to be surrounded by good defensive players.

Jalen Green has been the biggest disappointment in the draft.

Things can change but Stone isn't looking so hot at this point.

BigMaloe, D-rock, ElPigto and 4 others like this.