1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 9, 2022.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If you didn't take any extra precautions during this last insane wave then you were at best irresponsible and at worst malicious.

After getting vaxxed and boosted (so glad I did as covid hit my household right after Xmas and it barely gave me a scratch) I spent the Summer and most of the Fall acting as if it was over. But circumstances change, and I changed with them.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yup thanks Biden!! Will vote Biden again !!!

[​IMG]

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here is the anti-vax, anti-mask touting of Denmark...

Never mind that Denmark is a way different country, with a greater percentage of people vaxxed (two shots and show shots plus booster), never mind they have universal health care and less overuse of ICUs...

And yet... the problem in Denmark is getting worse...

[​IMG]

And our problem is way worse...
    [​IMG]

But yea... lets succumb to the politics and do what Denmark is doing...

FranchiseBlade and IBTL like this.
  4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

analysis of what is and what is not a vaccine is much more challenging that posting political cartoons. Maybe you overextended? The discourse in this thread is pretty embarrassing for you. But I’m not sure you get it.

Invisible Fan and DonnyMost like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It was over last summer for me too... now it's going to be over again soon.

I think the big question is what happens when there is that next wave. Everyone is starting to take restrictions down and leaving it to local private and public entities to decide for themselves. If and when the next wave hit, are we going to say, whatever, just ride it out or we are going back to some restrictions? 50/50 that we are going to say whatever - and if so, it's truly over politically wise whatever the case.

BTW, ~60k Americans died of Covid in Jan'22. Probably close to that in Feb'22. And probably hovering around 20k for a few more months... until the next one.

BTW2, in a few years, the CDC, based on surveillance and data analytics, will (this is one of their goals) provide disease forecasting similar to weather forecasting. Hey, there is this outbreak (flu, covid, whatever else) in this area -- then citizens can decide for themselves what to do, such as mask up temporarily.

JuanValdez and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

An even bigger concern, with all this politically driven pushback on whether its a serious health issue, what is a vaccine, should people listen to the CDC and other health organizations, etc., what happens when the next major health risk arises? Especially if/when republicans are back in power.

IBTL likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's endemic. It will remain an unpleasant virus. It's not the cold or the flu, but one that systematically attacks everything in your body and will continue to be a threat and likely will shapeshift for a while, if not forever. The transition to 'it's over' isn't due to the nature of the virus. That fat lady ain't finish singing anytime soon. It's simply our choice and with that, our political leader choice. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it is expected - that we eventually realize our limits of control, accept it and push the responsibility and burden, more so here in the US with our system than elsewhere in other modern societies, onto the individuals.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

People are using the fact that what we know about Covid changes the CDC's guidelines....by saying...see, the CDC doesn't know...they are lying.....

That is NOT how science works, as more is known the better the science gets.....

It is crazy and idiotic that people think their opinion is just as good as facts.....it is not.

DD

rocketsjudoka and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha we can count on the repugs to not do anything as usual.

Then b*itch about consequence like the sorry ass snowflakes they are

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ind and Dem also. Lots of people weren't happy with the CDC when they relaxed mask guidance last summer. The Rep were mostly quiet about it but of course, as soon as the CDC reverses course due to Delta, Rep were outraged while Ind and Dem were 'I told you so'. Public health officials walk a fine line that will always be blamed. In retrospect, I think the CDC adaptive recommendations were quite on point and right.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Fascinating to see this worldview.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's what they said about Germany at the 'end' of 'The Great War'.

Here's what isn't over: viruses that cross over from animals due to us encroaching and eating new and unique species. Next time, it's going to be a ****ing 95% zombie plague.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It is a worldview shared by many tens of millions of people here in this country. If you find it unfamiliar, then you and your news sources must be very insular indeed.

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm familiar with the view. But you managed to encapsulate it well in just a few paragraphs, and just about every assertion you make, I believe the opposite. But, yeah, I know it's common and that's why we're probably effed in 2024.

MojoMan likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

I don't think anyone is insulated from different news sources if they express fascination (and perhaps disappointment) with the worldview you represent. heck, there are lots of other news sources... from fox news to infowars and lots of things in between. And mostly you post cartoons promoting this worldview.

The fact that millions may share it? Well, in the past lots of people believed lots of things. Fortunately, America progressed, and many of those beliefs are considered outdated, even wrong. Hopefully in the future, the worldview you promote will similarly progress..

#55 NewRoxFan, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  16. NewRoxFan

Sadly, I share that same concern about 2024. My only hope is that like most things the pendulum will swing back again in the future, for the sake of our children and theirs.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

COVID is not over. It’ll never be over. But the federal government and by extension corporate America is going to abdicate the fight for that reason.

until the next variant and surge.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Vaccine isn’t vaccine. It is fascinating.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What is fascinating to me is how you think that these inoculations are "vaccines," despite failing to immunize people against getting the virus, or stopping people who have been immunized from spreading the virus.

It is nearly always better to think for yourself than to mindlessly default to talking points that are clearly wrong on their face. This is just such a situation.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Governor Sisolak (D-NV) ends state mask mandate

Gov. Steve Sisolak on Thursday ended the state’s mask mandate, effective immediately.

“Given all of these updates and the tools we have, now is the appropriate time for me to announce that Nevada will rescind our mask mandate, effective immediately,” Sisolak said.

In doing so, he joined several other Democratic governors in states including California who this week eased mask policies aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19. The governor said masks no longer would be required in public spaces, but “there are locations where you may still be asked to wear a mask.”

AroundTheWorld likes this.