1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 9, 2022.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The scope and scale of them certainly has been. This has been an epic boondoggle for the pharmaceutical companies and the politicians. Someone should do a careful analysis of any money any of those people received or receive in the near future from the pharmaceutical companies, whether it be in the form of campaign contributions, direct payments, business opportunities, or whatever. The corruption of these people is truly astounding. And this whole affair has been rife with corruption, that is for sure.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

On another topic....I assume you know absolutely no one who had had a tough time with COVID? I have a good friend in great health who died as he unfortunately chose not to get vaccinated. I have a good friend who is young and very healthy. She now has permanent heart damage. Unfortunately there were no vaccines available when she caught COVID. I know a handful of other <40 year olds who are suffering from long term COVID affects. Again, no vaccines either due to getting it before the vaccine or choosing not to. I know others who are using 'home remedies' like ivermectin and some sort of vitamin/supplement cocktail that have had rough times with COVID at least twice.

DaDakota, IBTL, T_Man and 1 other person like this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

These inoculations do not illicit a full immunity response, actually making people generally immune. In fact, they do not appear to make anyone immune. All these inoculations serve to do is lessen the symptoms of the disease - when the people get it. The lessening of the symptoms is what a therapeutic treatment does.

These shots are not legitimate vaccines, regardless of who tells you otherwise. On this point, you are mistaken.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

100% right on this. No vaccine is 100% effective, not 100% able to prevent disease or transmission.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/22/2/pdfs/15-0325.pdf

https://www.cdc.gov/chickenpox/hcp/index.html#transmission

#24 Ubiquitin, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  5. dmoneybangbang

So then you don't think influenza vaccinations aren't legitimate either?

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Do you have children, and do you vaccinate them?

[​IMG]

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Nothing is 100% on this planet, except death. Baring the return of Jesus and some of us getting taken up in the rapture, we are all going to die. Nothing else related to this life is 100%.

Of course that is not the point here. The point is that these inoculations make you immune effectively 0% of the time. They do not perform the function of an actual vaccine. Which is why the political "experts" have tried to change the definition of what a vaccine is in connection with this - to try to include these inoculations in it. It was a deceitful, conniving and unhelpful attempt on their part. And these inoculations are still not "vaccines," say what you want to about that.

8. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Jesus died so we could discover mRNA and make a vaccine with it.

Amiga, IBTL, superfob and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

10. SuraGotMadHops

For smart people, it was over the moment they became fully vaxed and decided to move on with their lives. So it's been over for me since April 2021.....sorry for those that are just now catching up.

Xenon and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As with most things.. . . .we will learn to live with it
    Like School Shootings

It is just part of the new normal

Rocket River

T_Man and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or the measles, or shingles or any other vaccine out there.

This is the ignorance of how science works that I was talking about.

Blatz, T_Man, Amiga and 1 other person like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We've discussed this before but unfortunately I do know people who have died from this. I know people in their 30's who are still suffering long hauls symptoms from it almost 2 years on from catching it.

This is just more of the same substituting partisanship and ideology for actual reality. It's as though almost a million Americans didn't die from this and the millions around the World. It's almost as though over the last few months we have seen death numbers many many times greater among unvaccinated. Or that in addition to the vaccines other therapeutics weren't developed.

I will also note the shifting stories coming out. Back in Spring of 2020 it was that this was a hoax. In Fall of 2020 it was that we wouldn't hear anymore about it if Biden won. Then that more people died from COVID in 2021 than in 2020 it was that this is real and Biden's doing a terrible job. Then it was that Democrats wanted to keep restrictions in place even though during the Summer many states including Blue states did lift restrictions. Now it's Democrats are forced into removing restrictions as though we're not actually seeing new infection numbers drop. Seriously I wouldn't be surprised to see some Republicans start claiming that Democrats removed restrictions too early.

#33 rocketsjudoka, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    IBTL, Xenon, T_Man and 1 other person like this.
  14. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Yeah, I understand that. I'm crossing my fingers that when the dust settles the numbers will be much, much better this spring than last.

I was pressed for time earlier and didn't realize that Fauci never said the pandemic was over, but that restrictions might end "even by as early as this year." So I guess my beef lies more with the OP. Unfortunately he won't be the only one to interpret Fauci's remarks that way.

15. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Don’t have beef with me. I am still following CDC guidance to the T.

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

never fear! Q is on it!

17. Buck Turgidson

Ohhhhkaaaay...you're starting to make more sense now.

Amiga and FrontRunner like this.
  18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Some of us has jobs of work we have to attend , in person. This means during each frenzy protecting yourself from the vaccine is more about continuing to be able to go in and stay in the loop instead of being cast out waiting for the test to come back negative.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Some of you all will argue about the most idiotic things.

And yes, of course the pandemic is over. Its election year.

[​IMG]

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So glad I bought a Keurig in February 2020.