1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Texans Coaching Search

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Jan 13, 2022.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

McCown is the fastest path to wholesale changes. The initial backlash will be the likes we have never seen and very possibly insurmountable. Fans, media, players and sponsors will be calling for heads and they should all roll if they go this route.

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Man some of y’all are dramatic AF.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I guess in the off-chance Flores gets the job?…defensive assistants may not come with him.

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I can't lie, I made a lot of excuses to myself about the Texans and why I would still half-way support them post Deshaun, but them hiring McCown throughout all this external garbage affirms for me that they're not making decisions on anything but emotions and feelings. And as a fan, I'd be out...

Even if McCown turns out to be a good coach, the fact that we're going to hire a guy with ZERO Head Coaching experience (Pee Wee, High School, NFL or otherwise) just shows how dumb we are.

I don't think we need to hire a minority coach just so we don't "Look racist", but you can't even sell McCown other than he's played a lot of football.... If they thought the stadium was empty in 2021, 2022 will surely top that....

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ha I thought about this as I was typing my response (assuming that's what you are referring to). But I can't see a scenario where this works out well for Cal, Easterby and Caserio. When the backlash hits, finger pointing and backstabbing will ensue which is the exact environment Cal has been cultivating. I could honestly see a scenario where Goodell uses the Texans as the whipping boy in trying to navigate Flores' case.

6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I know I am.... but part of that is because it's one thing to root for a team that perpetually loses (Detroit, Cleveland, Jags, etc.), but when your team seems to make moves that just get worse and worse, it's tough to not think about rooting on other teams.... And that's where I'm at with them hiring McCown.... it just feels like a move grounded in ZERO intelligence, but instead makes us deserving of all the criticism we get surrounding our dumb owner and Easterby....

7. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I wish people would stop pushing the narrative that Caserio is putting his job on the line by hiring McCown. Cal doesn't care about winning, he doesn't care what the fans think, he doesn't care what people say about his team. All he cares about is pleasing his side piece Jack Easterby, Caserio is going to stick around for as long as Jack wants him to stick around.

8. Fantasma Negro

No one is backing Flores but the media. No players have come out in support, no currently employed coaches have defended him and his own assistants won't follow him. Everyone in the league knows he's a b****

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. H. Christopher

Lets just roll with Lovie Smith :)

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

Considering the history of the team and ALL the goofyness over the past couple years, plus the Commissioners response a couple days ago…

Seems obvious the Texans are LEGIT thinking about Flores as the choice.

They prolly just trying to talk him into McCown as a member of the staff.

Because if they choose McCown over Flores….OOOOOOH BOY!

That would be one for the ages.

Rudyc281 and primtim24 like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I didn’t love and any of the candidates they considered. Flores not being able to bring a bunch of assistants is troubling. His inability to get offensive staff together is concerning.

McCown is obviously concerning.

I think Gannon was probably the safest of the three in my mind

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Exactly why I've been rooting for it to happen for quite a while. It's a win win. Either we get a good coach, or possibly Cal gets sick of Patriots South. Or there's extreme backlash in the lawsuit and Cal sells.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I mean he’s a proven head coach himself. If he stays and McCown is hired as “head coach” I don’t think it matters that much.

H. Christopher and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

What a mess

red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. phasors28

phasors28 Member

This reminds of the Mario Williams draft. Williams turned out to have the best career but I still wish they had chosen Bush or Vince Young.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

Jajaja

#1576 Fantasma Negro, Feb 6, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  17. Fantasma Negro

Smh. Do you hear how ****ing stupid that sounds? You'd rather be wrong than right? Smfh

UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. vick

vick Member

North Shore has won 3 Championships in the last 4 years. Hire their head coach.I may be biased. I went to North Shore 55 years ago.

UTSA2step likes this.
  19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member