1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

I respectfully disagree. This thinking works in high school and college, and not very often in the NBA, unfortunately. We're talking about a number 2 overall pick....an investment that impacts not only this franchise but the jobs of those who made/supported the pick.

You may not but people do care where you are drafted - the earning your spot stuff sounds good in theory, but more often than not (minus the Thabeets of the world) your top 3 pick is on the floor and figuring it out. Those that benched or had their lottery pick not work out - probably arent GMs anymore.

I say all that to reiterate my earlier point...which was that JG needs to shoot more. You don't know what you have or what you can do when you're shooting 6 or 7 times a game. This team is not good. He's deferring shots to bums. This is a guy that was supposed to be a cornerstone franchise piece. We dont know what the heck he with the way he's been playing/coached.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this play i liked very much, now instead of passing which I liked really, it would be great for jalen if he could just raise here and shoot a little 10-12 footer... that should be an easy money every time...

vator and Roomba like this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Poor Zach Collins didn't stand a chance...and also got dropped by another Sengun spin.

Not the easiest player to guard after a 2 year r&r period...

D-rock likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can guarantee him the starting gig for 1 year, 2 years tops.

If he cannot produce good enough results, other players are going to be unhappy.

I do not think he can hold that starting spot forever if he is playing inconsistent ball and the Rox could get a better player in trade.

While DD's complaints would fall on deaf ears this year, it won't in the following years to come.

I friggin do not care if he is the 2nd pick, the President or the Pope at this point.

GotGame15 and csc177 like this.
  5. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yao Ming was a #1 pick and started on the bench behind Cato until he proved he belonged.
    James Harden was a #3 pick and came off the bench for 3 years. The GM still has the job.

jiggyfly, D-rock, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So.... in short, he shouldn't have to earn anything at all and he should shoot the ball more than anyone on the roster always no matter how terrible he plays. Everyone on the roster should defer to this bum at all times no matter what based solely on his draft position.

That's certainly one theory.

7. heypartner

heypartner Member

Haha

Entitlement soliloquies, or
    Entitlement obloquies

hakeem94 and csc177 like this.
  8. csc177

csc177 Member

Hmm, I'm hoping this is sarcasm. What I said wasn't hard to grasp. If you don't agree with my opinion that's fine. But your summation was....way off.

I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp. Your number 2 overall pick should shoot more, be more assertive, and be encouraged by his coaches to do so, even if that means scheming it up for it to happen. This is not a team full of vets to be deferring the ball to. We're bad, tanking, and need to see what we have as we make decisions for the future. This "earn your time" thing is nonsense. He's earned that, and undoubtedly has more benefit of the doubt than others since we invested in the number 2 overall pick for him. Further, there's not another player on the team that deserves his spot or playing time, so the "earn your time" point is moot.

so "in short"....JG should shoot the ball more, be more aggressive. Stop deferring to the Christian Woods and let us all see if he truly a franchise corner stone. If it turns out he is a "bum" as your referenced, than so be it. Stone get's blamed and Silas fired.

9. csc177

csc177 Member

Thanks for the reference, but it doesn't apply here. James played starter minutes (and had two players KD and WB that were drafted top 3 and did exactly what JG should be doing: shoot the ball). Yao started on the bench for what 10 games? He started 72 of 82 games his rookie year. JG is in neither of those scenarios.

hakeem94, harold bingo and 18pbr like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, BigMaloe, King1 and 5 others like this.
  11. csc177

csc177 Member

Agree 100%. Which is why figuring out what you have NOW is key. You can't figure that out if your number 2 pick is shooting the ball 7 times a game. If Silas wants to die on that hill, then so be it.

18pbr, jacoby and Convictedstupid like this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Hey, it's the gif that describes 99% of the time Jalen spends in the court.

hakeem94 and csc177 like this.
  13. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports
    Supporting Member

****, you’re boring

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He already takes the 2nd most shots on the entire team despite being one of if not the worst player getting consistent minutes in the entire league according to numerous metrics..... what else do you want?

He starts every game, he plays the 2nd most minutes, and he has the 3rd highest usage on the team despite being terrible..... what else can they do to push this scrub?

The main reason this team is in the running for a top pick is how much they ALREADY push Jalen Green.... how much more do they have to do to satisfy you? 30 shots a game? 35% usage? 36 minutes a game?

Tell me what you think it should be.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

**** you’re boring.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your tears are hilarious to me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then you have to figure out if Silas is behind this or if Green is the one too timid to shoot when he is not feeling it.

At one point, he should just throw heat checks.

csc177 likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Tears? I don’t cry when I am bored. I’m simply bored.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kid, when you respond to a post in a conversation with someone else with points you can't refute but make you sad with cope BS like that, it's essentially a temper tantrum.

It's nothing more than you trying to derail the thread because you don't like what is being said, but you have no way of arguing against what is being said.

It's the same as a child dropping to the floor and crying.

Anyway, I've given you too much attention already so I'll leave it there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol