1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

And so was Nix. Neither of them were setting the G-league on fire last year. Now Nix is back there and killing it. Why can’t Green? If he’s the worst in the NBA, why can’t he learn there? Is Nix even worse than him, despite balling out in G league?
    I don’t understand this "he was in Gleague last year"
    Yes, so? You need more time there, buddy…

DaDakota likes this.
  2. jacoby

jacoby Member

Nix is some undrafted training camp invitee that is on a 2-way deal. He has no NBA experience besides a small handful of garbage time minutes.

You want to hold Nix and Green to the same standard?

JayGoogle and i3artow i3aller like this.
  3. NewAge

NewAge Member

missing the point. Nix is better now than Green was last year in that league.
    Fact that Green was there last year doesn’t mean he’s accomplished everything there is in G league.
    If he’s the worst in the NBA, I’m sure he can learn more in the G-league, the way Nix did.

GotGame15 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No, he should be developing in the league, learning how to play against the best in the world.

King1 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. NewAge

NewAge Member

Sure, yes. But before that, why doesn’t he learn "how to play agains the best" of the G-league and when there is nothing left to learn there then level-up.

6. dmoneybangbang

We are dog sh*t wrapped in cat sh*t with or without Jalen playing.

Have Jalen play the 6th man role with Sengun off the bench before sending him to the G league. Think man.

#3386 dmoneybangbang, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks that argue that college players are more developed than g league players.
    Then proceeds to want to sent Green down to g league to develop

Flip flopping all over the place.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. The geth & the reaper

Jalen Green needs an attitude adjustment. I’m starting to think that he believes he’s an establish player. He bought into his own hype.

How many people around him convinced him that he was in a shooting slump? Shooting slump suggests that you’re a decent to good shooter. Bro! you just suck right now, what haters are you going to quiet down?

With him in the lineup the Rockets play 4 on 5 basketball when he’s on the court. The only way to mitigate this is to give him the ball to draw the defender towards him to cancel him out. The problem with that is that he goes nowhere with it, he still doesn’t know how to make a move or make the right pass instead he just passes it to the guy next to him at the 3 point line resetting the offense back to 4 on 5 basketball.

The coaching staff and him need to stop trying force his shot and start with the fundamentals of basketball.

GotGame15, CXbby and NewAge like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

ok so Jalen played ... 23 minutes and he had more points, assists rebounds than Brooks and Matthews had combined in their 33 minutes.

What does your meritocracy say about this?

JayGoogle, i3artow i3aller and jacoby like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not if he can't compete, and he makes the team worse......which is exactly what is happening, he needs to be developing his game in the G-league, or off the bench, he has not EARNED his time.

FFS - don't you ever look at defense? I mean there are 2 sides of every court....and I am not saying Brooks or Mathews should start over him......Probably right now it would be Josh Christopher taking his starting spot.

But he should not be starting right now, he is not good enough, and needs to be held accountable......

Hell, at least yank his ass when he lets someone blow by or isn't paying attention, explain it, and put him back in.....right now he is HORRIBLE on defense....makes the team WORSE overall - that is far from good enough...when end of bench players make the overall team better when they play over Green.

He has the worst plus/minus on the entire team - when he plays, the team is at it's worst.

DD

#3390 DaDakota, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You learn how to compete against the best by playing them. The Rockets need to lose games for now as a high pick helps with rebuilding. This season should be about player development, not wins.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Don't you you ****ing dork?

You are soooooo predictable man.bbbbbut defense!

Answer my question/get a new act. He didn't play much last night, but his backups were way worse. Either way he was fine (and very good on Wednesday) so if you think his....23 minutes...were better spent on Armoni freaking Brooks or Garry Bird, bring some facts or GTFO

Your campaign to trash him is so very tired and low energy - even Jeb Bush is rolling his eyes.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No, the Rockets need to learn how to compete, to build better habits, they are comfortable losing, they aren't even trying, it is a horrible horrible team - there is no accountability, they are learning nothing.

You can still get a high draft pick but you need to establish expectations - right now Silas is teaching them to be comfortable losing it is a ****ing disgrace.

Play hard, play smart - and sure, if you lose, that is ok, as we are young, but when you are half assing it all over the court, especially on D, you should sit, until you don't.

Typical Fisher shows a few plays from one game ignoring the net ratings from all the games....and last night.....

The point is he needs to be consistent every game, he is not, he is not playing hard every game, especially on defense, you know WHY I am consistent on that point, because he ****ING SUCKS on defense...almost every single night......he is developing shitty habits....

I will **** on any Rocket's player that is dogging it....guaran****ingteed!

Raise your expectations of the players, so that they learn how to compete sooner as they develop.....don't settle.....ACHEIVE !

DD

CXbby likes this.
  14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I see all these other rookies with deep bags..pulling out new impressive moves. and then I saw Jalen and all his offensive possessions look the same..whether it ends in a made bucket or not. He was advertised to have a variable offensive repertoire and I'm not seeing much of that. It's straight forward drives to the basket right into the defenders body hoping for a foul, or he gets stripped or blocked..or he has to attempt a wildly difficult acrobat shot. Either that or 3. No in-between. I don't want him to be coached to be another Harden with a predictable game. The way Silas utilizes him is trash too and it's holding him back.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Really great observation, he simply has no skills and purely relies on athleticism, which is just above average now that he’s playing vs other supreme athletes. It really puts a wet blanket on the whole “he works so hard” narrative. Imagine someone working so hard who can’t shoot, dribble, pass, defend and has the body of a prepubescent teen girl. Utter bs and onlyfans are content to keep lying to themselves thinking he works hard at anything besides social media.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Barnes has a better bag and he’s a pf…I bet he actually worked hard on it

GotGame15 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

good work but the last sentence nailed it....he needs better guidance and instruction...

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Heck, can you just get through the Deadline without much stress?

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Green would have been better served to lift heavy, “supplement”, and gain weight/strength rather than waste time in the G League. He only had like 15 games down there so he had plenty of time to do it. I don’t know what percent of his struggles are related to him being too weak but I see far too many occasions when he gets outmuscled or bumped off easily.

His handles do look to be improved and he has a first step as good as anyone in the NBA. If he had better size then I think this would allow him to attack better and not settle for mega step back jumpers. I feel he would see dramatic improvement if he was Josh Christopher’s size.