1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2022 Nets pick thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I just hope the Nets don't trade Harden prior to this deadline for a haul.

Best case is Harden walks in free agency.

Worst case is the Nets trade him for a haul and ensure the Rockets never get a top top pick during the time they own the picks.

3. xaos

xaos Member

Nets @ TANKATHON - 2022+

luckyman76, Astrodome and D-rock like this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I just hope the Nets don't trade Harden prior to this deadline for a haul.

Best case is Harden walks in free agency.

Worst case is the Nets trade him for a haul and ensure the Rockets never get a top top pick during the time they own the picks.

Harden is obviously dead set on becoming a UFA. That much is clear. If he does decide to leave, I think he and the nets will work out a sign and trade, but no way they break the team up at the deadline …especially with Durant due back before the playoffs. They know winning this year is the best way to keep Harden in East NY.

#4 Aruba77, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

reported!

its irrelevant where we pick look at the 4 FRPs from this year, they all lost value since we drafted them

Amel likes this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

If they trade Harden for "a haul" then I think that looks more like draft picks and young talent, so effectively they'd be a rebuilding team again. I'm not convinced that means we get bad picks from them, seems more to suggest we get their good picks whilst they have to rely on somebody else sucking to get decent picks themselves.

34to11 and steddinotayto like this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Jaylen Brown and Robert Williams or Marcus Smart, Ben Simmons and Thybulle, Kings' ransom of Haliburton, Hield and Barnes.

Any of those packages will make the Nets remain more competitive for longer for the next six years than Harden IN MY OPINION. Not necessarily a top TITLE contender for any of the years but a lot more room for error to stay in the playoff picture for the duration of said time.

Harden staying and rolling the dice on his health to deteriorate is the better outcome.

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

#8 NewAge, Feb 4, 2022
    don grahamleone, hakeem94 and Aruba77 like this.
  9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I'd love to see Walker Kessler drafted with the Nets pick. Exciting prospect and a complementary skillset fit with our other young scorers. Top defender in the NCAA and advanced stats are off the charts.

Clutch and DreamR like this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

From Celtics camp; Jaylen, Jason Tatum and Robert Williams are supposed to be 'untouchables'. Smart and others are open for business. Unless godfather offer; I don't think Robert Williams is on the table.

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  12. jacoby

jacoby Member

Seems like this trade removes the Clippers as a potential John Wall trade target.

13. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What are the celtics doing? they seem to like being stuck in the mud.

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I don't see any of them teams making those trades tbh. Harden's clearly on the decline, you don't give up younger stars like that unless you're convinced you'll win a chip by doing so. Really can't see it happening the way you think it will, the GM's would have to be insane. The only one of those that is even remotely plausible is the sixers because Morey loves Beard, but would the Nets really trade Harden for a player who refused to suit up for the entire season? I doubt it.

napalm06 and D-rock like this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

Indeed, #9 in the standing... play-in.

* Their two big J's have issues with your-turn / my-turn. Brown despite young, is already showing signs of injury prone. Tatum playing better now, for a while, didn't seem like he fully bounced back from Covid.
    * Lack of point guard. We have our KPJ as point guard experiment, they put Marcus Smart as point guard officially this year. *mixed results. They need a distributing PG, but Wall is definitely not an option. (way too expensive).
    * Not stellar defense, despite Ime Udoka coming in
    * There's whisper of re-tool (not a complete rebuild), but a reset and considering going young with Tatum as centerpiece.
    * Smart is both loved and hated, a good chunk of Celtic fans are ready to see Smart go.

#16 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 4, 2022
    Deckard, cheke64 and D-rock like this.
  17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yep beat case scenario is for Kyrie and Harden to leave Brooklyn without nothin in return. And then consequently KD leaves or retires

luckyman76 and treyk3 like this.
  18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Doing the grinch smile as I click through this entire twitter thread

GotGame15, No Worries, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Well no wall to clippers

D-rock likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Regardless of what the Nets, net in return for Harden... it will only be a matter of time before KD and Kyrie walk for next to nothing... and the Nets will be left with the same.

These picks may turn out to be more valuable than the KG-Ray Allen-PP picks that were traded to Boston, once all is said and done.