1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

KPjr has more to do with us winning games RIGHT NOW than anyone on the roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 6, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks for linking those articles I referenced.

It's pretty cut and dry about who NBA experts thought would be most NBA ready and will provide immediate impact, as in THIS season.

Who will win the 2021-22 Rookie of the Year?
    1. Jalen Green, Houston – 47%
    2. Cade Cunningham, Detroit – 40%
    3. Jalen Suggs, Orlando – 7%
    > Also receiving votes: Davion Mitchell, Sacramento; Alperen Sengun, Houston
    > Last year: LaMelo Ball – 39%

Which rookie will be the best player in five years?
    1. Evan Mobley, Cleveland – 33%
    2. Cade Cunningham, Detroit – 30%
    3. Jalen Green, Houston – 23%
    4. Jalen Suggs, Orlando – 10%
    5. Davion Mitchell, Sacramento – 3%
    > Last year: James Wiseman – 36%
    > Five years ago: Ben Simmons – 70%

daywalker02 and NewAge like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Good vibes right back at you!

Roomba likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Not exactly homeruns in the "best player in 5 years department" I feel better already.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who is better player in Simmons draft class?

But at least you realize that you misremembered about which player was supposedly the most NBA ready in 2021 draft.

And FYI - You want these experts to be right, not just ROY but they also list Green in their top 5 of who will be the best in 5 years.

#524 D-rock, Feb 2, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Get a room.

;)

DD

Roomba and Verbal Christ like this.
  6. Denovo

Denovo Member

Moe, DaDakota, burlesk and 1 other person like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hey come here you big goof lets hug it out! At least you're not one of the bigots that just love to see Green fail. Props for that!

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So you want to put forth a predictive poll on who is going to be the best player in the class IN FIVE YEARS which in itself shows the level of patience needed with young players and yet have already pulled the plug on Green 50 games in?? So Simmons is head and shoulders better than Siakam, Sabonis, Jaylen Brown or Brandon Ingram??? You dont see the ironic humor in pushing that list just to prop up your guy? James Wiseman? SMH. You've dug yourself in and its all good. I've told you over and over and over - this will not be decided this year. Mobley is no lock for ROY if Cade keeps running his team the way he is. I understand Its just the hip and en vogue thing to do in making fun of Green for aiming at that ROY and coming up short so keep having your fun. I have a feeling I'll have my bit of fun in the near future too. Im sure you'll be able to take as much as you've given. Rockets fans right? :rolleyes:

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down kid, I'm sure your lord and savior Jalen Green will one day learn how to play basketball, there's no need to lash out at everyone like this. I'm kind of embarrassed for you.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, unequivocally.

Ben Simmons has had a more distinguished career than Siakam, Sabonis, Brown and Ingram.

That's a bad take if you believe otherwise man.

None of those players you mentioned or anyone else in same draft class have had as nearly as many All Star nods, multiple DPOY candidate or even led NBA in any category like steals.

Simmons has started from day one and has never been on a team that has failed to reach postseason, just like Harden.

Even Embiid cannot say that.

As for Wiseman, he is likely an outlier.

Let's just hope Green is not one as well.

But you don't get it, I actually want Green to be the ROY and top 5 best players in his draft class.

We should ALL want these NBA experts to be RIGHT about Green.

11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Another interesting tidbit: Last year they picked up the ROY correctly, Lamello

D-rock likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately they bought into the BS hype of Green being the most "NBA ready", so they got this year hilariously wrong.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't want to see any Rocket fail..........I want to see them blow the doors off expectations and get back to competing ASAP!

DD

D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I mean Embiid did spend the first two years of his career injured right? After that he's started every single game and has been a perennial 20/10 guy and yet neither big man can get their team over the hump even when paired. Nobody even wants Simmons on their team. I would PREFER any of the other guys I mentioned on my team over Ben Simmons if I had a choice. Interesting to hear you say anything positive about Green to begin with honestly the way he's been portrayed as the "worst player in the NBA" doesnt leave much room for critical debate and compromise. Just another sign of the tribalism of our times and how there can be no centrists - you either choose this side or the other and then we all have to fight to the death to see who wins. I'd rather go hit golf balls than keep up with the circular aggression and redundant theme of "Lets bash Jalen Green". Hopefully your patience will be rewarded too since you want the best for Green as a Rocket fan - I know its tough NOW and easy to wish for a different scenario, but how is that constructive? I've said it before and I'll say it again - I appreciate you not going in with the hateful, bully act like some of the other people here. You always keep it basketball and whether or not we agree I enjoy your ability to refrain from allowing things that dont even have to do with basketball muddle the discussion. I cant say the same for some of the bigots that follow you around. Be well.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well sure, all Rockets fans WANT those things to happen, but it doesn't mean you should ignore reality and throw all credibility out the window by making ridiculous statements with no basis in reality.

I'd love Gary Bird to be the next Larry Bird, I'd love Jalen Green to be the next Michael Jordan, I'd love Sengun to be the next Olauwon.

You can want all of these things to happen, but if you actually predict them to happen, people are going to laugh at you for being ridiculous. That's what the Green cultists don't seem to understand.

amaru likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder why he's been portrayed that way.....

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is completely false, I don't know what you have been watching.

It's amazing the **** people come up with to knock KPJ.

Harden led offense?

Wut?

D-rock likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

D-rock likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His PR team was the most ready among all the Rookie PR teams.

burlesk and D-rock like this.