1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Texans Coaching Search

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

They got you real good....

1. Set the expectations bar ultra low after 2 interviews with McCown.

2. Anyone else they hire is a win.

3. Congrats, you just got McNaired and Easterboned...

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Flores has had a ton of staff turnover (and not just guys leaving, firing guys, etc.), he alienated a young QB, and he got in a power struggle with the GM and lost.

Does that make him a bad candidate? No it doesn't. But it does make me think about it a bit more. Having a relationship with Jack the Clown doesn't help his case in my eyes either.

If it's between McClown and Flores then give me Flores all day. I don't think he is a great fit, but if he is hired I will get on board pretty fast. I would prefer KOC personally, but I'm happy that at the very least the Texans now seem to be giving Flores and other legitimate candidates serious consideration.

It also makes me wonder whether that's been Caserio's plan from the beginning, and all the McClown smoke we hear is due to Jack leaking stories to his press cronies. If so, it just speaks to the level of absurdity that Caserio is having to deal with with that ****er in the building. I wish Easterby would just get out of the way and let actual football people do the footballing.

Of course, I don't rule out the possibility that Caserio is on board with the McClown nonsense. In the end, I would love to have him on the staff, but I want him to be the QB coach or an offensive analyst.

#802 STR8Thugg, Feb 1, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  3. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Very good points and I agree. Out of all the potential candidates remaining, I can quickly get behind anyone as HC EXCEPT McCown.

IMO, there’s no doubt Easterby has been pushing hard to help McCown gain traction. Ultimately, I hope Nick is able to get it right and distance himself from the Easterby BS.

4. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want Flores, because I think Lovie did a good job with the players he had. Would Flores do any better? If Lovie stays would they butt heads over defensive philosophy? Lovie will be fine. We need much more help on the offensive side. I would like O'Connell. Put McCown as QB coach. I think he spent a lot of time mentoring as a backup QB. He would probably be good for Mills.

raining threes and Shark44 like this.
  5. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I agree with you… but I seriously doubt they’d expect a guy that they brought in 3x over to past year to interview to be a HC -to accept a job as a QB coach. McCown supposedly turned down an offer to be an assistant head coach under Culley last year. We’ll see though.

raining threes likes this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. itzIce

itzIce Member

I'm down for KOC or even Gannon and Flores.....what I'm not down for is to hire and elevate McCown to a position which he hasn't even earned. I'd push to keep Pep Hamilton as QB coach...heck, hire McCown at a lower position like an assistant to the assistant quality control coach or even head water boy and let him work his way up lol. Everyone else has had to do that.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Just bring Flores on. Getting tired of this waiting....

red5rocket and Fulgore like this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah Flores interviewing for the Saints. I think Houston is a better option for him. The Saints are in salary cap hell. They will be a dumpster fire shortly.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Flores take that Saints job then the Rams Coordinator is the only hope lol.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Who still remains without a HC?

12. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Texans, Dolphins, Saints, Vikings.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Texans, Saints, Vikings, Dolphins, and Jaguars.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Vikings seems like the best open job by far. Pretty good qb, weapons, and decent defense.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Seems like the staff turnover rate being high aligned with bad decision making for assistants. Hopefully with a fresh slate (wherever he ends up, but especially here) he can correct a lot of those hiring miscues.

It also sounded like he was hard on his players but he and Tua still had a solid relationship... I did see a report about Flores wanting overall control on every level within the Dolphins organization, so that could be the "major Buttchin vibes" that are being sensed.

Hopefully this time around is different, since he and Caserio still have the Pats ties and they can equally make those types of decisions without the entire power struggle within.

That's if he gets hired, obviously.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

17. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Gannon as well.

18. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

I see you working Wade. Throwing that I am available tweet out there.

Rudyc281 and Joshfast like this.
  19. Major

Major Member

Go Luck? Maybe Andrew Luck is the next coach?

20. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

If this is true the Texans need to pass…

Rudyc281, cmoak1982 and treyk3 like this.