1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Perfect.

Nook likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

ALL THE CREDIT are YOUR words gaslighter.

A shooting big and a paint only big doesn't always work (SEE ROCKETS) without a guy who can do both to backstop these 1 dimensional players.

If 3 big lineup was so simple, EVERY team would be successful utilizing it. Markkanen and an All Star 5 like Vucevic did not work in CHI. Turner and Sabonis are struggling in IND. Same with Carter alongside Bamba in ORL.

Despite your BS agenda, Mobley's versatility and efficiency does not preclude the improvement of the other Cavs players or success of the team, it actually enhances it.

And it is clear that Cavs success is due to ALL their players executing the coaches system efficiently.

It is also clear that these Cavs, with most of the very same players sans Mobley were NBA bottom dwellers exactly like Rockets.

Milos likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Green also killed it with his workout with the Pistons, so much so that they were thinking about Green vs Cade for a while

6. dmoneybangbang

Bro, you gave all the credit to Mobley with "only works because of Mobley" and then insulted me. This is what you said and let me highlight it for you:

Again, I agree that Mobley elevates his teammates but it's also vice versa due to the complimentary nature of the team. They have good point guards (Garland and Rubio) to run he offense, shooting bigs (Markkanen and Love), a young wing defender (Okoro), an interior big (Allen) that they get to play alongside a highly intelligent and skilled big in Mobley.

The Cavs finished 5th worst last year without Rubio, Markkanen, and Mobley. Tip your hat to the Cavs for drafting well with Garland, Okoro, and Mobley.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kevin Durant was shooting 40% from the field and 28% from 3 deep into his rookie season…then I remember PJ Carlisimo told him to stop taking threes completely, and his FG% and efficiency started to rise

as much as Jalen Green gets blocked and as weak as he is, he does still shoot 63% at the rim…Maybe stop taking 49% of your shots from 3 when u shoot just 29% from there until u find some sort of shooting rhythm?

last several games

2-7 from 3…6-10 from 2
    1-2 from 3…3-6 from 2
    1-6 from 3…2-4 on 2 point FG’s
    2-6 from 3…4-6 from 2
    0-6 from 3…4-8 from 2
    1-6 from 3…4-12 from 2
    1-3 from 3…5-7 from 2
    1-4 from 3…2-9 from 2
    0-5 from 3…0-6 from 2
    1-8 from 3…2-8 from 2

Maybe more 2’s and try to get some free throws for the time being to get some confidence going? I would say midrange too, but he doesn’t really have that in his arsenal right now.

Bo6, SamFisher, DeBeards and 4 others like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

If the G League is a bunch of 5 year olds, then the amateur NCAA is a bunch toddlers.

So far Gerald Green has only played 3 games in the G league and was never a top high school recruit. But it's also possible that all the scouting on Green since high school has been wrong.

Time will tell.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol how are you still trying to push the G League?

Nobodies in college can absolutely destroy the G League.

It's fine for what it is, a development league full of scrubs, but you've gotta realize it's a step above a glorified rec league

10. dmoneybangbang

Push the NBA minor league? I'm pretty sure the NBA is doing that too.

The vast majority of NCAA players will never play any level of professional ball so your claim that "nobodies in college can absolutely destroy the G League" is a bit disingenuous. D1 NCAA has over 800 players yearly and there are only 60 NBA draft spots so only ~7% will get drafted. I can be generous and toss in the next 60 players who will probably end up overseas or undrafted to the G League which gets you to to ~15%.

So maybe 15% or 20% of NCAA players will play any form of professional ball.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Markkanen hasn't even been as good from distance with Cavs as he was last season with Bulls.

Even after posting career best from 3P (40%) the Bulls deemed him a bad fit with All Stars Vucevic and Lavine.

Markkanen is only shooting 34% from 3P (below league average) and struggled in the 5 games that Mobley was out with elbow injury (5 straight losses).

https://thegamehaus.com/nba/clevela...urishing-with-evan-mobleys-return/2021/11/30/

After Cavs 5 game losing streak, it's OBVIOUS that the 3 big lineup WITHOUT Mobley was nowhere near as effective.

Just admit you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

You love to pontificate about shet you barely understand then obfuscate your stance and your obvious ignorance by twisting the argument into something it never was.

Just admit when you're wrong, people will respect you more.

Instead you continue this petty gaslighting by re-phrasing, mitigating and even appropriating MY original stance.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Also needs to incorporate euro step, finger roll, tear drop or stop and pop because running straight into defenses will kill him physically.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Alperen Sengun is in fact our Kobe not Jalen

ALPIs FTr 0.52 is in fact better than Kobes
    [​IMG]

DeBeards likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice analysis btw i saw him shoot midrangers and miss but looked good to me, and the floater too...perhaps if he were to shoot them more hed start hitting them at a greater rate...it makes sense especially when struggling, to shoot closer shots first

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

that will have to come next season

i3artow i3aller, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then not sure how he will be able to finish at rim more efficiently if teams figure out that he's no longer even a threat taking 3's.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

he can still take some threes, but maybe drop the 3 point rate from 49% to 30% or even 25%…all those bricked threes will just continue to lower efficiency and confidence

at least come into the game thinking attack 1st, and then if he’s feeling it from 3 on a particular night, launch away

if it’s not right at the rim, Jalen Green is shooting under 30%

i3artow i3aller and D-rock like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I saw a lot of shots get released on the way down last game . Not good according to that one b-ball nerd guy .

anyways . The thing green needs to work on the most is .... shooting . He has shown that he can get real hot ... maybe we should run some midrange shots for him and see if he can get in a groove that way . It wasn’t that many years ago that tactic was employed .

19. dmoneybangbang

Markkanen: 34% on 5.9 3PA

Love: 40% on 6.2 3PA

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

By making baskets at the rim.

If teams start backing off him and packing the lane - great, figure it out from there.

That's a way better problem to have than him making nothing from nowhere - though i know you're always churning the angles several steps and vectors ahead of the rest of us.