1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Needs to be Benched

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jan 25, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. ISO

ISO Member

3. NewAge

NewAge Member

sigh… you can ignore, won’t change the fact that you posted something extremely dumb even for your dumbed down standards. Kobe Bryant at 19 was an All-Star; Starter, in fact… How is that "nobody"?

You’re talking big game about how you gonna clown posters here in a few years when Green becomes good. But you can’t take even a little bit of heat now for your dumb sht posts. Immediately, “I’m going to my safe place on ignore”. SMH

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then your take was even more disrespectful, you are eager to compare his situation to that of a recently dead guy.

Congrats to you.

The point he is being closer to a 6th man closer than Kobe, but from a guy with no brains, I cannot ask that much, my bad.

Why bother commenting bruh, you do yourself no service.

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

I wanted Green over Mobley and i couldnt be more wrong . Lets hope it leads to Jabari Parker who seems better than both

DaDakota and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How many games did Kobe have under his belt when he was selected to the All star game Einstein? 48? Im not the one who invents culturally BS reasons to dislike a player and then looks around like "why doesnt anyone agree with me" while you flip flop takes every other game. Make up your dementia riddled mind - its easier to take you serious when you are LIKE THIS because this is who you truly are. Save the half ass BS support takes when he plays well for your wife.

7. alethios

alethios Member

Last night was supposed to be the bounce-back game from the Warriors game - ouch!

Baby steps...

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jabari PARKER?!

We’re tanking for Jabari Parker @hakeem94 :D

You mean Jabari Smith.

#SorryForJabari
    #ShitForChet
    #SomethingSomethingForPaolo

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. 18pbr

18pbr Member

[​IMG]Look I know Jalen needs to shoot better but I can't be the only one out there who can clearly see he is getting hacked in the lane. It's like gottttttttt dammmmmmmmmmnnnn refs call something man.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its stupid to bring in race or any cultural appropriation to the argument. Again what does it have to do with what is being discussed? Nothing. Just like me saying your a white guy. Am I wrong? So why are you offended?

You guys cant seem to keep it to basketball AND THERE IS PLENTY TO GRIPE ABOUT IN THAT REALM. Just have to throw around anecdotal drivel in some way you think was clever. Its not.

11. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Jalen Green (left) through his first 33 career games compared to Anthony Edwards (right) first 33 GP:
    14.2 PPG | 14.3 PPG
    3.2 REB | 3.9 REB
    2.2 AST | 2.6 AST
    2.4 TOV | 1.7 TOV
    37.4% FG | 37.0%
    FG 29.1% 3PT | 31.6% 3PT
    92 ORTG | 93 ORTG
    118 DRTG | 117 DRTG

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

finally we gonna lay our hands on him!!

ps i thought his name is jabroni smith tbh

J.R. likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what is that supposed to mean?

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Let's be clear - the All Star game is and always has been a popularity contest manipulated by the best marketing departments in the game. If you think All Star appearances have any correlation to how good a player is, then you are fundamentally misunderstanding how to judge players. Kobe may have been great that year, but that has nothing to do with the All Star game selection because every Laker who ever wore the purple and gold got the benefit of some sort of popularity bump by a.) playing in one of the largest markets and b) with a franchise that openly champions the dominance of all it's players without respect to how good they actually were.

FWIW, basketball reference tells me Kobe wasn't even a starter on his own team in the year you said he was an All Star game starter so maybe the "way too vocal for a guy that is completely clueless" hasn't aged as well as you would have liked. Not picking side in the pissing contest between you and the other poster, but your reasoning in this case was poor.

jiggyfly and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He was popular enough to be an All Star at 19 and played 25 mpg for a team that went to the WCF. He was already a legit contributor at 19. Jalen Green is a massive negative on a bottom 5 team. Kobe and Jalen don't belong in the same sentence much less the same language.

GotGame15, palmsnbananas and NewAge like this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Jesus I didn't know Edwards was this bad last year.

17. NewAge

NewAge Member

So you also think he was a "nobody"? Interesting. Maybe the word "nobody" has a different meaning in the "New Society?" Hahahaha

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

No, I think "Kobe was an all star starter so he must have been good" is a dumb argument because he wasn't even a starter on his own team. Read my ****ing post.

One more time, I don't care about your pissing contest with another poster. I only care that your post was obviously dumb for the reason I have now pointed out twice. If you can't see that, then you are just failing yourself because everyone else CAN.

jiggyfly and Verbal Christ like this.
  19. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

My concern with Green isn't even his shot right now, that will come. He has a nice step back to create separation. What concerns me more is the lack of diversity on his dribble attacks. He doesn't have the timing on reading/reaction that KPJ has. KPJ, has a REALLY good feel on what the defense is giving him when he dribbles and finds the gaps to exploit it (like Harden). Jalen too often resets his dribble, thinking the only way to beat someone is a speedy linear attack. I think his confidence is totally shot at this point, there are times where I'm yelling at the TV like, just go!

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

They play with a different unit that shares the ball, they also had their struggles...Jalen plays with the starting unit that have can be iso heavy.