1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Needs to be Benched

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jan 25, 2022.

1. dmoneybangbang

Agreed. Let him and Sengun run the bench unit.

Don't want this to turn into a Fultz situation.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Make the change now and get some coaches in here that know how to develop talent. There needs to be accountability all around. Accountability on the player, accountability on the coaches for the lack of development. Looks like Green is gonna work hard to get it right. It’s so important that we have quality coaching to help bring him along.

3. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

This moment right now is either going to make or break him.. it may drive his work ethic into a 2nd or even 3rd gear. Only time will tell. I bet he’s pissed at himself for the way things are going right now. Hopefully it’s what causes him to turn the corner. Be patient. No need to bench.

NewAge likes this.
  4. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I don't recall you having that same energy when he had that nice 5 game stretch lol but hey maybe i am wrong

5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

You guys are overreacting. Jalen has shown some promises as a future star. We just don't have the right coach to use him the correct way. JALEN IS SO DANGEROUS IN TRANSITION AND HAS AN ELITE FIRST STEP!
    I still believe in this kid, he will break out of this slump soon.

Dobbizzle, javal_lon, 18pbr and 3 others like this.
  6. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Jalen with get through this he is just in a SLUMP. Sengun played better today, Christopher and Martin player better and I must say Porter is playing much better defense, shooting and nice passing. Can you see the tension with Porter and Green today? Something is not right about them and I do see that Green just want to SHOOT when the ball is in his hands. We needs better coaching

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When was that? To my knowledge he barely has 5 nice games total, when do you think he had 5 in a row?

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't a slump. Yeah, JG played better for a short stretch earlier in the year, but this is just where he's at in his development.

9. dmoneybangbang

don grahamleone and 18pbr like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This is when his love for the game b tested. He has the talent, but can he take it to the next level? Is he willing to trainer harder?

rook got to b bulking up off season or at least getting stronger

conquistador#11 and 18pbr like this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

7 game total from his 19th thru 25th
    MP.. FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    29.3..5.9 13.0 .451 3.0 6.7 .447 4.6 5.4 .842..0.1..2.6...2.7..1.6..0.7..0.1..1.7..1.6..19.3

#33 ApacheWarrior, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jalen Green is the Tank Sargent.

Corrosion likes this.
  13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I ain't calling him a bust, but that putting him in the lineup right now, with this much minutes, and him not playing within the flow is not good for his development.

Sit him, let him figure out how he can contribute, and then play him.

Look Garland and Sexton were bad bad bad their rookie season. Anthony Edwards weren't doing well until the last month of the season. The talent is there, but he's not improving and his habits and decision making has gotten worse. This is why I say bench him. Not even the whole games but like 20 min a night should be his playing time right now.

GotGame15, NewAge and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Exactly, we also got three other rookies and their ego to think about. Silas needs to decide be what type of culture he's setting. If you want to develop young guys, be fair to all of them, give them all more playing time. If it's about earning the minutes, then set an example and bench Jalen Green.

Right now the message its not about developing or winning and there are favorites.

15. dmoneybangbang

Agreed. He looks overwhelmed out there and I think he would do better playing alongside Sengun.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That elite first step gets so predicable when he just runs straight at the second defender with no threat of finishing.

Teams are sagging off of him at the 3 point line now too

17. dmoneybangbang

He's going to need to figure out how to build off his first step with a bag of tricks if he's to maximize his potential. He was getting to the line at a decent clip, but the last 5 games have been pretty bad.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I would bench him - not to punish his bad play or because benching him gives us a better chance at winning, but because what he is doing right now isn’t working. We need to change something - and letting him Comeback the bench and play against other second units may be the thing, that lets him get into a groove again. Don’t play him under 20-25 minutes - let him get his shot back against second units.

AroundTheWorld likes this.