1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Needs to be Benched

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jan 25, 2022.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Still have the potential, but he has not earn the playing time he's given.

I think garrison Matthew or Josh Christopher should get more minutes. He's the second pick but that's the sunk cost. Play the players that have played better.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Thats not how this works lol.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not bench silas? or send him to g league first to prove he can coach... jalen is a diamond...that is sure raw tho but still a diamond... we dont even know what silas is except the worst coach in last 2 years, a son of the worst coach in nba history

fattz, bmelo, Jontro and 6 others like this.
  4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green will be the man responsible for leading this team to a top 3 ping pong ball finish.

PLAY THE MAN

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He has been atrocious. Christopher is outplaying him and probably deserves more minutes than what he is getting at the moment. I wouldn’t mind seeing more of him and less Jalen Green if I’m being honest about it.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wish Jalen could dribble like EGo. Maybe some day.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His minutes and his starts have nothing to do with merit, he doesn't have to earn anything, he gets those things based on draft position and nothing else.

No matter how terrible he plays, he's not getting benched any time soon.

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We've all been very supportive of Jalen Green, and I think we will continue to be supportive. But it's time for him to keep working hard and show us something--not just a good 5 game stretch, but consistent, tangible development.

I've watched every minute of the last 3 games, and while as a Rockets fan I've been overall satisfied with our team (not today against the Spurs, obviously) Jalen has stuck out like a sore erection and while it's cool that he's been penetrating deep, he's been forcing things that the D isn't giving him. It's ok to pull out and reset if you weren't able to suck the D in.

Obviously I think most of us are rooting for the kid. But sometimes I want instant gratification instead of watching the suck.

..I am sorry for the direction this post has taken in the last couple of paragraphs.

jiggyfly, Dacamel, ROXTXIA and 9 others like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I wish he would gain the strength eg has

10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Just a little bit of that Ego strength would go a long way for Jalen. Hopefully he's learning about sealing defenders off by watching Gordon go to work, if nothing else

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, he should be benched, and let him go against the 2nd units until he finds his rythmn.

DD

12. PhiSlammaJamma

It's at least a 4 year project. So I don't care. It's not good, but the guy is still a sophomore in college at this point. He probably should be this bad.

13. pdking5000

pdking5000 Member

Compared to the other top rookies he has been a disappointment relative to draft position. How much of it is coaching or personnel around him is hard to tell but you can’t at this point look at where Mobley, Barnes, and Cade are and see what was missed. I guess the upside is he is relative young and growing into his body so he could be on that Brandon Ingram path to development, who was notoriously awful his rookie year and look at where he is now

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets had no shot at Cade, him playing well recently is interesting, but not relevant to the Rockets decision in the draft.

15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Looked at his stat line and thought he should be sent to gleague. Benching is prob more reasonable

Dacamel, BigShasta, Dopamine and 2 others like this.
  16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Oof... that was a rough game for Green. Rough game in general (when you get blown out by 30, it's more than 1 person's fault), but he was particularly bad tonight. Let's see how he bounces back from it.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I dunno man - he's 3 from his last 32 shots isn't he? That's pretty bad when he has had 1 good defensive possession all season...
    He looked better a month ago, he's hit the wall or something, confidence is completely gone, and he looks completely lost.

Shouldn't be benched though. Perhaps SHOULD have come off the bench to start the season for like 20 games (like Edwards did last year), but for now he needs to play through the wall and see what happens on the other side. Losing is perfectly fine - Green doesn't really look like he will ever be a franchise altering star. He may turn out to be a handy piece - but we need to "reload" for the draft with another top 5 pick. Play Green, win/win - we lose now, and he might develop further

charlieaustin, BallaDoc, Nook and 3 others like this.
  18. pdking5000

pdking5000 Member

think about this. Kobe didn’t play more than 30
    min a game until his third year. His rookie year he had fifteen. Honestly Jalen should be getting 20-25 minutes a game.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Still too early to tell, I need to see him play atleast 350 more games before declaring him a bust...

20. Landry's Tooth

Playing inferior players more minutes sends the wrong message to the other players...

He hasn't done his job... he needs to sit for awhile... part of the learning process...

People citing he's helping us tank don't realize he's bad enough he's putting us in position to draft his replacement...