1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He's a remarkable player D. No doubt. Here's hoping he will have a long and decorated career. If Mobley ramps up his usage and becomes a fulcrum on offense his numbers will be even better. Its been quite some time since draft picks and their trajectory was on the debate agenda for ROX fans.

D-rock likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

There's a Mobley thread in the nba thread where Mobley folks can stroke each other's ego off for all I care.

Dem folks cant help but come into this thread to vent

Dobbizzle and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wish there was a way to hide all posts in sections of CF based on words they contain. For instance, if all posts with "Mobley" in the GARM were blocked, the GARM would be a much better place. Sure, I would miss the occasional Cuttino content, but I would be able to skip the childish anger displayed by alleged adults over a non-Rockets player in the Rockets players section of the forum. That would be beautiful.

Mobley is great. He is fun to watch. I love him dearly. But go to the ****ing Dish, folks.

4. MystikArkitect

You just have to block like 10-12 dudes and your GARM experience will improve alot.

And if you think *this* is bad, just wait until next year when we get to do this all over again with another rookie vs other rookies.

5. NewAge

NewAge Member

Why wait, bro, why wait??
    I am not waiting for nothing!
    Hereby I declare White KD to be a bust, right now! I barely watch any non-NBA games, but this kid is giving me weird vibes. So I am going out on this limb here. If I am wrong and in the future people dig out and bring up this receipt to clown me, so be it.

6. dmoneybangbang

LOL. It's not enough that I don't give Mobley all the credit, but you have to be incredibly insulting over an anonymous forum?

It's basketball ignorance to suggest Darius Garland's improvement isn't all Mobley? You and your alternative realities.

7. dmoneybangbang

Some posters derive their self worth from making predictions on an anonymous internet forum.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why stop at 10-12? Just block anyone that disagrees with you about anything, that way you can ensure a safe space for your fragile mental constitution.

Downtown Sniper, GotGame15 and D-rock like this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  10. NewAge

NewAge Member

haha that's funny.

Seriously though, the best way to organize social media like this message board has been invented in Taiwan. It goes like this.
    Say, people are split on an issue, say "Jalen Green sucks" vs "Jalen Green is MJ", so they are grouped in their respective "teams". The server prioritizes the messages that receive the most "likes" from the opposite team. So you log on CF and the first messages in your feed are the ones that got most likes from the opposite side. So if you want to be seen, you're incentivized to tone constructively.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've always thought it was important to see what those who disagree with me have to say, especially if there are any who can do so in an intelligent and convincing manner. That's why I've never blocked anyone simply for saying things I disagreed with....in fact, every single person I had blocked is now banned so they kind of removed themselves from the list that way. To get blocked by me, you have to be a completely worthless troll. If I think there's even a slight chance that you'll bring something of value to a discussion, I won't do it.

By listening to what those who disagree with you have to say, you can at very least find a way to understand their perspective even if it's objectively wrong. It's a lot easier to determine if your own position is solid or not by testing it against opposing views and seeing if it stands up to that scrutiny.

GotGame15, vator and NewAge like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Humanity is not prepared for the effects on the mind of social media - it is a terrible thing.

DD

13. dmoneybangbang

And when that doesn't work.... go after their special needs kid and get banned!

peleincubus likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh you're still so sad about me being mean to a troll years ago....it's kind of adorable.

Do you seriously think that your tears are rhetorically effective? I mean, aside from being effective at making me laugh at you.

15. xaos

xaos Member

Wait until virtual reality becomes so addicting to some people that they truly can't tell reality from virtual

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is sad, we are losing our grip on truth and reality.....and falling for propaganda - critical thinking is dying out.

DD

NewAge and xaos like this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

No, it's simply amusing watching someone who has been banned from multiple forums try and come off as reasonable. It's like watching incels try and talk to women.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Knowing your political tendencies, I find this deliciously ironic.

Mathloom and Corrosion like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Aww, you tried.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

CF is better with a few morons on ignore .....