1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

On what issue exactly? I said you were upset I’m not giving Mobley ALL the credit for the Cavs success.

And I would agree with that. It would seem you are either ignorant of my position or simply misrepresenting it.

I never thought the Cavs were poorly constructed like Vecenie, I’ve argued the opposite. I think Mobley was drafted into a very complimentary team. Mobley is plug and play but you aren’t going to automatically be a fifth seed on any team at the midway point.

Ok?

The owner went with the rebuild route by taking picks so it’s really a moot point.

Pretty possible if we did take JA we wouldn’t have gotten the second or third pick to even be in a position to draft Mobley.

However if it’s perfectly rational to be upset the Rockets picked Mobley over Green instead of all these hypotheticals.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Vecenie vid went completely over your head didnt it???

Vecenie gives the major credit for Cavs success to MOBLEY.

And Cavs WITH Jarrett Allen and the better players (per YOU) were at the bottom of the NBA and drafted right after the Rockets at 3rd spot.

You cant even keep your nonsense straight anymore amirite?

And FYI, Vecenie understands the NBA and all the teams, especially the Cavs, significantly better than you do.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The important part about The Jalen Green Experience is ....

whether or not a bunch of middle aged rando dudes correctly forecasted his draft position

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, whether the team we like has competent leadership in place to draft the right players.

DD

MorningZippo and D-rock like this.
  5. DaDakota

I liked that he has changed his shot, and is working hard, it doesn't change ANYTHING I said earlier - I have to HOPE he develops he is on my team.

Doesn't mean I would not take Mobley.

To be PERFECTLY CLEAR - I would trade Green for Mobley still - I still think Mobley is better for the Rockets team and org, but as a Rocket fan, I really want Green to succeed - those two things are perfectly coposetic.

DD

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Father Time is undefeated.

7. dmoneybangbang

Yawn.... there you go again. You can't even follow a conversation because you are too busy trying to play gotcha.

It's pathetic you are throwing a little temper tantrum because I don't give ALL the credit to Mobley. It's sad bro.

8. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

Jalen has hit rock bottom with forcing things inside and losing confidence in his shot, and he's going to have a breakout game within the next three games, five at the most, I'm calling it now. Remember, Ja Morant shot 30.3% from 3 in his second season, starting out in the 20s, he has an ugly shooting form (the norm for skinny guys I guess), and now he's on the MVP ladder. Yep, I also preferred Mobley, but I can't wait to be wrong.

D-rock, carib and Verbal Christ like this.
  9. DaDakota

It might be that you were right and Green is also a good player that we like......let's hope that happens - the Green is good part.

DD

D-rock likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hmm yes im beginning to detect a problem - ordinarily I'd say going from the very best team in the league to the literal worst in a 2.5 year span is not cause for concern

.. but a bunch of grown men mad that nobody reads their mock drafts and reflogging the dead horse for months has caused me to rethink.

Maybe Tillman fertitta is not the savior I've always known him to be!

DaDakota and Tuckankhamun like this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I’ll still take Green over Mobley. And I was really high on Mobley in college and I’ve always thought he was a really skilled player. But a team built around a big man isn’t winning anything. He’ll be a great #2. Idk what Green is yet but I’ll still take his upside as a perimeter player.

xaos, Verbal Christ and OmegaSupreme like this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Lol this. Draft Mobley and then what? Pray for a Morant, Cade, Green, Luka, Trae, Harden, LBJ type to fall into your lap? You can win without a Mobley type but you sure as hell can't win without a Green type.

If Garland doesn't become a Top 10 player the Cavs aren't going anywhere.

xaos and Verbal Christ like this.
  13. DaDakota

Ok, ok, concede......sarcasm noted....

LOL

DD

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Garland actually looks like he'll be very good. Will he be top 10? Not sure, but definitely possible.

I agree that you need an elite guard more than an elite big man to win it all. The argument on the other side is that there are more elite guards (therefore easier to find) than elite bigs.

I didn't have a pre-draft preference between Mobley and Green. Since we picked Green, I'm rooting for him to be better than everybody in this draft. But if this class turns out to be loaded, having 5 of future top 10 guys, and Green is one of them, I won't complain.

xaos and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Garland would be top 12 to 15. Enough?

Easy likes this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Just root for the rookie we drafted. It doesn't have to be blind loyalty where u excuse every negative thing. But all this bagging on the rookie just bc u wished we grabbed Mobley is pathetic.

Mobley ship move on my a$$. I do hope u Mobley mob won't become like those harden haters to this day still talking about him everytime harden has a sht game.
    Everytime green does poorly, mannn what a big mistake or should have drafted Mobley.

I blame this franchise for not being sht earlier. We haven't drafted a high pick rookie for years so people can't cope properly when the one they wanted wasn't drafted

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could say the same about Mobley, you could move on from taking Mobley and still talk about his game.

I see no clash of interests here, does not mean we cannot talk about Mobley in here.

Folks moving on from being salty that is all.

Morey was never a great drafter, and Rafael is mediocre as well, he does find undrafted players though.

D-rock likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Evan Mobley, Jalen Green, whoever is in the lottery next year...in terms of pure basketball talent a young Michael Beasley stood above them all. Not ashamed to say that I thought he would at the very least an all-star caliber player (if not necessarily a winner) and boy did he prove me wrong.

Still loved watching his game though. Super smooth, unique lefty who kept getting in his own way..

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

This thread memorializes your basketball ignorance quite succinctly.