1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Evan Mobley also had a game this season where he shoe 0-11

[​IMG]

DatRocketFan likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True, and he also had 9 rebounds and 5 assists in that game plus 2 blocks.

it's less of an issue when a well rounded player that plays defense and creates for others has a bad shooting night. When a player that only brings offense to the table has a bad shooting night, it's tragic.

tycoonchip and D-rock like this.
  3. vator

He played decent defense had a couple rebounds, 3 assists and wasn’t credited for a block on Steph in crunch time for whatever reason in limited minutes so although I agree he had a bad game, I don’t agree with your premise that he didn’t contribute anything at all. He played a huge role in why they lost that game. I’ll even concede that he played the largest role out of anybody that played so I’m not defending that. I’m merely pointing out that 0-11 is terrible, but not the end of the world. No need to pull stats on guys that have shot “0-fers” or close to it to prove that point.

NewAge likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not for years, only for 2-3 years, he was majorly injured and it made him a 18 ppg scorer instead of being his usual 23 ppg.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mobley will thrive on a playoff contender for years while Green will have struggles to get into the Play In, he might explode in Scoring.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cavs being a consistent playoff contender (without Lebron) just makes me laugh.

No one, absolutely NOBODY, would have said this about Cavs prior to THIS season.

Even the Kyrie led Cavs did not get this much drool. The Greenies are going more than a bit overboard hyping these Cavs.

First I was told it was the PG play of Rubio (as a backup) to explain why Mobley dominating ROY.

Now that Rubio injured, it's because of Garland, Sexton, JA, coaching, etc.

And all these players and coaches were all on the Cavs last season when they were the bottom feeders of the East.

#2086 D-rock, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    tycoonchip, xaos and daywalker02 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I actually thought they were a botton feeder or at least a No. 13 seed.

I watched Okoro, even Okoro is a joy to watch. I am not even talking about Garland.

The East is pretty much open.

Brooklyn, Miami, Chicago if healthy, Milwaukee are at the top.

Cavs, Toronto, (Boston,.....) whoever will be next.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Okoro was on team last season too.

Mobley has been more of a difference maker than the Greenies are afraid to admit.

9. vator

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From the highlights, Beal was a powerful finisher and could finish in several ways as a rookie.

He was not a shooter back then.

He would also block shots.

Eye testing.

D-rock likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Cavs have drafted pretty well… Garland, Okoro, and Mobley all compliment each other very well. Allen is the paint defender, rebounder and stretches the floor vertically.

Okoro is also a defensive stud.

12. dmoneybangbang

And Okoro took a step like Garland. Mobley can both elevate the team and also have development from other players.

The Mobleyies also seem to be afraid to admit that Mobley was drafted into the almost perfect situation. Mobley can both be a stud and lucky to be in the best situation.

13. dmoneybangbang

Objectively the refs are letting more physical play which has affected guards across the league.

Green needs to add strength but he’s also getting absolutely mauled sometimes.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cavs being called the perfect situation is beyond hilarious.

Cavs run 3 bigs which is as unconventional and experimental as it gets.

The 3 bigs lineup only works BECAUSE of Mobley.

Learn basketball.

15. dmoneybangbang

The receipts suggest something else….

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/getting-to-know-marcus-morris-your-new-franchise-player.206126/

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/tip-jar-bet-marcus-vs-kawhi.206266/

You end up paying the tip jar bet you lost?

I post this to say there are many posters who make predications and exclamations that are wrong. Be humble about Green vs Mobley.

NewAge likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

So Allen and Lauri don’t add anything, it’s all Mobley?

That’s hilarious. Learn basketball.

17. NewAge

NewAge Member

Wrong prediction on a message board should be punishable by 3-5 yrs, without parole.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Markkanen was a bust with Bulls, its why he was traded. He still is a liability on defense, 1 dimensional player.

Even when Markkanen is out, Cavs still win with Kevin Fing Love.

And JA is good but is a traditional post 5.

Mobley's position versatility and ability to switch 1-5 without fouling out is critical to Cavs success. Mobley is essentially Nance but as a 7 FOOTER.

And a true perfect situation is if a championship caliber team with innovative HC and system had drafted Mobley.

Raptors, GSW, Pacers or any OTHER lottery teams would have been just as "perfect" if not more as landing spots for Mobley.

For example, Myles Turner and Domantas Sabonis are extremely talented players but their skillsets are not complementary.

Add Mobley and he makes them work.

Same with Pistons, Thunder, Spurs, GSW, Raptors, Kings, Pelicans, Hornets, Magic and YES, even the frickin Rockets.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mobley is that rare ingredient of a defensive glue guy that makes the team better for better or worse.

And he is figuring out his offensive game big time while doing it, that is pretty amazing.

In his first year to boot!

D-rock likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

Mobley is an absolute stud…. But dismissing all the other players and their development seems ignorant. Cavs still won games without Mobley.

Like I said, Mobley can both be a stud and benefitted from his teammates.

harold bingo likes this.