1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 1/21/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2022.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm going into the bacta tank, see ya in 5 years.

D-rock, bj3175 and jch1911 like this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Winnable game but bad teams find a way to lose. Starts with Wood and KPJ. Too many mistakes.

BigShasta and bj3175 like this.
  3. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I’m going to guess you didn’t watch the game if you think that Wood or KPJ had anything to do with not winning tonight.

RocketsTerps, D-rock, ico4498 and 5 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wood missed 1 or 2 threes in the clutch. He wasn't a factor in the last minute. Green rebounded well despite his off game.

Jontro likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Damn, Daddy Steph & the Warriors still owning the Rockets.
    What’s old is new again.

[​IMG]

6. Landry's Tooth

Daddy? Women are Mommys...

D-rock likes this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Wood is that kind of player YET. If you notice, he gets his pts 1st - 3rd qtr and KPJ gets his in the 4th qtr. They are developing that relationship.

I see the improvement! I'm waiting on Green and Sengun to take another step and for them to add another piece, either through trade or the draft.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Murray still salty

9. MystikArkitect

Run and gun works in the first 44 minutes of the game. In the last 4 minutes they resort to KPJ iso ball and Garry is unplayable against teams with a player that can take him off the dribble which is like...90% of teams.

They played better, especially defensively, but I'm looking forward to the trade deadline when hopefully Wood is gone and we can see more of rookie development. Not too keen on giving KPJ the ball in the last minute as he has a tendency to pretty much just iso hero ball step back 3. It's worked a couple of times which just encourages it more but it's not a good habit.

Stephen_A and jcmoon like this.
  10. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I’m happy wood called out the officiating double standard after the game (Matthews-curry).

Very proud of the team last night.

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If Dallas is #1 then efficiency means nothing because they are going nowhere lol

DeBeards likes this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I fell asleep. Did I miss anything?

sirjesse, hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You assumed wrong. Wood and KPJ has everything to do with the loss being the “Vets” on this team. In that critical 3rd when the Warriors made their run Wood and KPJ combined for several turnovers, fouls, and poor decision making. KPJ lackadaisically attempted to lay up the ball bouncing it hard off the glass when he had the step on the defender on the break. Wood dribbled right into traffic on the wing into 2-3 defenders and lost the ball. Wood fouling Curry on a 3. KPJ with ill advised forced pass in the paint instead of bringing it out and resetting the offense. These are the critical decision making that determines wins and losses. It is what separates good teams from bad ones and great players from mediocre ones. Margin of error is that small. And these two have made these types of bad plays all year. Decision making.

#1113 Stephen_A, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Once I saw JC miss the whole 3rd quarter I chunked deuces.
    @DreamShook

DreamShook and hakeem94 like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If Mathews makes that wide open 3, we win, just lost by a finger nail.

Good game.

DD

sirjesse likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I’m counting last night as a W

17. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Didn't even watch the game but saw the last play. It’s the same damn narrative. Rockets always find a way to lose painfully to the Warriors.

Stephen_A and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KPJ and Wood played great. Nitpicking a few plays here and there is ridiculous. I want Wood gone and recognize KPJ has a lot of growing to do, but give credit where credit is do. If Jalen Green had just a decent offensive game, we would have run away with it. Some people on this board just hold on to their poor opinions no matter what. Still waiting for a few breakout games from Jalen and then I think he will start to excel.

jiggyfly, D-rock and cmlmel77 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if only we had someone to teach these guys how to shoot...perhaps in the future there will be a profession called shooting coaches ...wake me up when that happens....

or or ,god forbid, if we ever obtain a player that is uber efficent from 2 point range...postups or something...