1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/19/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2022.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jalen Green should be playing in the 4th.

DeBeards and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  2. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

I have been a Jalen Green supporter since the pre-draft process. I wanted him over Mobley and I defend him when it’s warranted.

Silas not playing him in the 4th was a good move. JG needs a fire lit. He needs to understand that he has to work hard for his minutes and that talent alone can’t make you great.

His defense and rebounding have been improving but he has started to struggle shooting the ball.

He will be a fantastic scorer in this league, but he’s got to get a better understanding of what it takes to win.

I think having to sit on the bench and watch his teammates close it out (when he’s healthy mind you) will really light a fire in him.

Good call Silas.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

post of the week if only for the jalen greensexuals reference.

GotGame15 likes this.
  4. vator

vator Contributing Member

Mario Elie apparently thinks so too.

DeBeards, Tfor3 and DreamShook like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In a perfect world he wouldn't play terrible and he'd earn those minutes. Tonight other players earned them, so they got them.

Honestly the ONLY reason Green starts games, plays the minutes he does, and gets the shot attempts he does is due to his draft position. He hasn't earned anything.

Now tonight when he finally doesn't get what he hasn't earned, some people are upset.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly he bet on the Jazz tonight.

Downtown Sniper and vator like this.
  7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Here for the Jazz beating celebration! Look I don't care what year it is and who is playing for the Jazz or coaching them. Hell my son could play for them and I'd still cheer for the Rockets to beat that Jazz azz. The hate is real and always will be. Beating the Jazz is like winning a playoff game to me. Now we can return to losing to get those lottery balls.

raining threes, BMoney, RCPM and 2 others like this.
  8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There will be plenty of losses after Gordon is traded.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Mario is a Greensexual it seems.

like I said, These games mean nothing if the Rookies aren't playing.. Now, if the Rockets make it the playoffs then I get it. But I'm pretty sure the Rockets aren't making the playoffs. It makes no sense to bench JG especially when he was playing good defense.

Mario is a good luck charm for the Rockets btw. whenever he is in studio, it seems like the Rockets win

10. withmustard

withmustard Member

Says who? Here is a random article(first one I found) that lists the top 20 players. It's about 66% top 10 picks and 33% after top 10. Also, we're weighing 50 picks against 10 picks to get to that 33%.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/2022-ranking-top-20-nba-players-right-now

When did people start arguing that top 5 picks are not as good as mid-1st rounders? It isn't just you, there are a lot of posters here that will argue this.

[​IMG]

11. conquistador#11

Utah's 50 year old ymca forwards can hoop.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe @DreamShook is Mario Elie. :eek::eek::eek:

DreamShook and vator like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jalen Green should be playing in the 4th qtr of every game.

the team told Wall to not play so KPJ didn't have to work for his minutes never forget. Silas is forced to play KPJ and always, through trash games... It's finally paying off in the 4th after his tantrums.

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Over who?

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

DeBeards, Plowman and ElPigto like this.
  16. vator

vator Contributing Member

Anybody else worried about Sengun’s regression? The highlight plays are happening far less frequently and everything seems like a struggle for him out there.

DeBeards and don grahamleone like this.
  17. Aware

Aware Member

Greensexual card carrying member here

we need this dude to play wtf!
    I mean isnt the whole point of this season to get the young guys experience? **** a pointless win we need Green to play in these situations

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anybody. I dont care.

Make no mistake, if the Rockets are making push for the playoffs sit Jalen Green to win the game for having a bad game.. But we are at the bottom of the league.. Play Jalen forever win or lose.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He should earn playing in the 4th quarter of every game.

When he's the worst player on the court, which was the case tonight, he has no business ruining it for everyone else.

They already give him starts he doesn't deserve, they give him minutes he doesn't deserve, and they give him shot attempts he doesn't deserve.....at some point he's going to have to earn something or it's destructive to the team.

Why bench better players so he can come in and give the game away?

How does the team benefit from letting Green come back in and destroy what they built when they were no longer burdened by him being on the court?

I think he benefits from being forced to earn SOMETHING finally. This is the first thing that wasn't just given to him based on hype and draft position. Hopefully it lights a fire under him.....kind of like it did with KPJ when he was benched and then suspended.

Sometimes you can't just keep giving people things they refuse to earn.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Man just needs his mins to get his stamina. I feel like he is having trouble pacing himself. U still see the flashes on offense. HIs passing skills haven't been as efffective.

kiwirocketsfan likes this.