1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/19/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Rox won baby!!!

ROCKETS WIN !!!

DD

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. opticon

opticon Member

Unrelated but Jordan Clarkson looks taller the Green and Clarkson is listed at 6'4. Is green not actually 6'4?

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm full in on if the win doesn't come with rookies playing in winning time, they dont count.

KPJ and Gary played really well, but ngl if Green is not contributing the win means nothing.

Rockets not making the playoffs, so why should I care about a win with these old farts out there?

Hopefully this makes Green angry to up his game.

Silas would never bench KPJ no matter the trash play.

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Agree with you on this. But they’re young, and they’ll learn. I have no doubt. Our vets were rolling today and took us home against the ****ing Jazz. Always feels good.

don grahamleone and vator like this.
  5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well said my fellow Rocket's fan!

DD

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not a good game with Green on offense, definitely was flustered. No complaints with his defense however, definitely improving on that front.

KPJ is slowly putting it back together, taking a long longer than expected, but it's going somewhere.

Wood should be traded as soon as possible before teams start noticing serious flaws with his game. I have no idea why he was let back in the game with the way he consistently avoids Gobert, whereas Sengun at 19 has no issues defending him. Sengun should have finished the game out, he earned his minutes. There were at least 5 consecutive possessions in the game where Wood consistently let Tate/Gordon/KPJ guard Gobert deep in the paint, and left them on an island to box him out as well.

don grahamleone and Ankara1923 like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yea that is true, but i hate posters praising Silas as a good coach that rewards good effort when u see Wood refusing to do his job as a big man.

All these smaller guys and even the rookie Sengun was put to the task of playing defense on Gobert, when Wood the bigger man avoids the task at all cost.

I saw Garry Bird jump over big man to tap the ball for defensive purpose. Hell he was boxing out Gobert cause wood couldn't even bother to do that sht.

Oh yea but sure lets praise Silas for rewarding Wood "efforts" by letting him play since he's tall and got his points.

BallaDoc, Dobbizzle and Ankara1923 like this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, my thoughts exactly

Dobbizzle and DreamShook like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really hope we got film of KPJ dapping up John Lucas, lol.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

don't bother quoting me if u aren't gonna respond like a grown ass man.

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I said they'd lose.

I said I wouldn't stay up and watch this game.

GO ROCKETS. BEAT THE FKN JAZZ.

GO AWAY JEFF HORNACEK YOU ARE STILL SO DAMN UGLY GEEZ

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Rox win baby !!!

Let's go!!!

:)

Relax francis.

DD

don grahamleone and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. mightybosstone

So I know many of us (myself included) have ripped on KPJ for much of the season, but he has put together some really solid games the last week or so. That's four straight games with at least 16 points and shooting at least 44% from the floor, and he's had 7+ assists in his last three. This is obviously a super small sample size, but is there a chance this could be the consistency we've been looking for from him the last year and a half? Him actually putting it together after leaving that game at halftime would be one hell of a fun narrative for this kid. I'm more optimistic than I was a week ago we actually get to see it happen.

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Sometimes I like talking about who played well, sometimes I like talking about who didn’t. That’s why I come to this board. I can simultaneously be happy the Rockets won while also be disappointed that 2 of my favorite players on the team didn’t contribute much to the outcome. I would like to see those guys play more because they’re exciting to watch.

#735 vator, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

It’s funny because Danuel House is legit the only Rocket that I’ve ever shat on (for his miserable performance these last two years) and now that he’s on my least favorite team it feels kind of right to **** on him some more.

What the hell happened to his game?

17. a time to chill

You gotta play the players that give you the best chance of winning. If rookies are good they will beat out the vets. Silas has benched KPJ before.

Sonicbun8, GotGame15 and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

Jesus. 22/45 3pt shooting. 48.9 % 3pt. With that kind of long bombs, be a waste if it wasn't a win.

Gordon: 3/4
    Tate 3/7
    Wood 3/6
    KPJ 3/6
    Mathews 5/9
    Brooks 3/5
    Sengun 1/1

Not mad at Green's attempts either, if he got a good look, he should take it.

19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Not our PG, need to trade him for a 1st.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

k im gonna put u on ignore for a while. Quite sad that u will b on it b4 booby, but at least he post actually things to talk about.